Event / Concert AKB48 Senbatsu Election 2010

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Winter, Mar 26, 2010.

1. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Sorry, I assumed that second batch of Mixi ratings was just a re-post of the bottom of the first post. I guess I also assumed there were supposed to be all 48 AKB members listed, but now that I read through the entire list instead of looking for the information I value, it's only the 40 most popular AKB and SKE girls.

And as far as I know, there's only one Natsuki in the ---48 family past and present, and I'd like it to stay that way.

2. ChobiMM3

ChobiMM3 Kenkyuusei

I sure won't!!! I'm hoping the best for our Takamina :inlove:

But yeah,

Oh and on a side note, where's Takamina on this Mixi rating? <3
    Sorry I just read the other thread pages and saw it now - sorry! ^^;

3. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ 7th. You can see the full list on the first page.

4. Criss

Criss Member

Shinoda in Rank 2 this year its possible. Rank 1 its Maeda rank hahaha unless AKS "wants" some other thing. Just imagin the shock to see Mariko in Rank 1 this year [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] very dramatic if all are expecting Maeda. Just for a change and to help the "show".

I think that the real fight its from 15th place down to Under Girls. [nod]

5. Lokay

Lokay Kenkyuusei

Yuko number one [rock]

6. Naomi

^ That's what I'm hoping for. :hehe:

7. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

Maeda still gonna be no.1,but not like last time with that huge led,
    and Mariko and Yuko,even Mayuyu all potentially could be no.2

8. yunagi_47

yunagi_47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei, Ozono Rei
    Oh what fun news to come back to. =.=
    And so begins the drama yet again >.>

Well I guess I won't put too much input into this at the moment since I've read this thread and already a few people have mentioned what I have in mind...

Yes, it'd be great to see surprisng results like what happened last year with Sayaka, but the undeniable fact of ensuring heartbreaks is still there. It broke my heart to watch the video where they were announcing the results =.=

And not to add to the fuel to the whole "Acchan getting the number 1 spot yet again" drama but in all seriousness, it would be nice to see another girl get that spot. Just sayin'.

I'm not liking this whole election thing happening agian...and in such a short time from the last one too

9. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I'm neutral to all of this; not screaming with glee at the chance to vote again, but it's not like I detest the whole voting thing either because there are positives and negatives.

Negatives: Like all the other people in here already mentioned, the emotions of the girls are very important to me as a fan. I hate seeing them hurt :cry: The effect is not as big as some say; it's safe to say that the girls who are not as popular probably aren't expecting to make it into senbatsu, but it's really the ones that are just outside of making it into senbatsu or under girls where it it hurts. Still remember from last election where all but one Watarirouka Hashiritai member made it into senbatsu or under girls and that member (I'm pretty sure it was Harugon) was crying offstage. If the previous announcement ceremony was any indication, I think the whole thing is a whirl of emotions - girls are either crying from happiness or sadness.

Positives: Mixes things up a bit. Part of the reason I liked Iiwake Maybe so much wasn't just purely because of the song, it was because as #4 Mayuyu got more screentime in the PV than she would normally get. Yeah, Acchan still got #1 but she shared more screentime with Yuko as #2 than usual too. Fans told Aki-P that "Hey! We want Sayaka in our senbatsu!" after he ignored her for 1? 2? singles in a row. Also told him "Hey, we get it, you have some weird obsession with a 12 yr old who looks 18, but can you just stick her back in SKE48 singles now so AKB48 members can get that spot?" Ok, so he didn't listen, but for that one PV she got only a few seconds so more time was evenly spread to AKB48 girls.

Hopes/Predictions: You guys are seriously underestimating Acchan if you think there's any real chance she's not getting #1, like some people above are. [hehe] Yeah, Mariko is higher on the Mixi rankings than Acchan but I think she was higher than Acchan before too during Iiwake Maybe and look at where Acchan held. Remember, Acchan was over a 1000 votes higher than #2, Yuko, if I remember correctly. She's not about to lose her ridiculously huge fanbase any time now. She might even be bolstered by the casual fans. "What was the time of the girl that appeared the most in X PV? Oh, Maeda Atsuko? Got it *vote*" That being said though, I will join you guys and cling onto the 1% chance that somehow Yuko, Mariko, Mayuyu <3 or Takamina can somehow take #1.

Also, hope Mayuyu can hold onto that #4 spot at the very least, or even somehow rise in ranks. She's more popular than she was last time but the other girls haven't been slouching either. Acchan, Yuko and Mariko are really tough opponents and she only beat Takamina by 13 votes last time. I think this election will be interesting simply for how close some of this stuff with be, whether it be members vying to get into under girls, getting in senbatsu or just fighting for the top.

10. Winter

Winter Kenkyuusei

No, Maeda was #1 on Mixi during the elections. It was shortly after them, that Mariko's popularity started sky rocketing. Now the gap between Mariko and Maeda isn't even close on Mixi.

Maeda can still win this of course and is still most likely to, but it's not because she's the most popular. It's because she has hardcore wota's who won't allow her to be #2.

11. SweetDonuts

SweetDonuts Kenkyuusei

i'm sorry for asking but what is this mixi ranking? :confused:

12. hytseraph

hytseraph Kenkyuusei

Wasn't an AKB48 fan when the first was around, but from what I've read it's had some mixed responses. I know I'll most likely never see my favorite, Matsubara Natsumi, as a front girl but I can only hope her wotas manage to put her in Undergirls again. My biggest gripe with Senbatsu is that the popular get more popular, and the less popular get no new exposure. If Aki-P wants more money, he needs to expose the underdogs and bring in some new fans to AKB48.

*pulls out his pom poms for Nattsumi*

Mixi is a Japanese social website. From what my understanding is alot of the girls are ranked in popularity based on how many people are following them/joining their groups. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong; I don't have access to Mixi.

13. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

14. Naomi

I hope so, too! There's going to be a larger amount of Under Girls this time around, luckily, so hopefully Natsumi will have a higher chance of making it! =)

15. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Yep. An easy comparison is if you look at, say, the membership numbers of Facebook fan pages.

16. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Oh, thanks for the clarification on the Mixi rankings. I guess my memory sucks x_x I don't think Acchan won because of the huge amount of hardcore fans though - every girl has hardcore fans. But Acchan has a distinct advantage among the casual fans. Think about it. When you watch a PV, who are you most likely to notice? Acchan, since she appears the most in any given PV. If any casual fans were to vote, and they didn't know any other members besides Acchan, her ranking is boosted. I think a lot of fans are drawn into the AKB48 fandom first by Acchan and it's only after they get to know all the girls a bit more that they switch oshimen.

17. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

so the mixi ranking is the most reliable reference we can consider about?

18. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

I thought there is this 2010 ranking where Acchan is #2 and Mariko is #1. I remember reading it in one of the intlwota AKB blogs. Hang on, I'll look for it and see what the ranking is called.

EDIT: Yep, here we go, it's the March 2010 Mixi ranking, and Mariko is #1, Acchan #2:
    http://welshjapanotaku.wordpress.com/20 ... arch-2010/

She's also on top in January and February:
    http://welshjapanotaku.wordpress.com/20 ... uary-2010/

If this was 2009, Acchan would have been on top. Tomochin also passed Kojiharu to number 4...

19. Winter

Winter Kenkyuusei

I never said Maeda won the first time because of hardcore fans. She won because she was the most popular member in AKB. I'm saying that "now" if Maeda wins, it's because of her more AKB centric fans, rather then Mariko, who now has the most fans, but may be either less AKB centric, or simply more casual.

Ordinarily, you'd be right, and yet, the gap between Maeda and Mariko continues to grow in Mariko's favor. This again leads me to believe that despite Shinoda being the most popular member, it's not because of AKB. Maeda fans are all about AKB, so therein lies Maeda's advantage.

Still, Shinoda has a chance now, since she has the biggest fan pool, but I've no idea how much this fan pool cares about this particular event. Who know? Maybe she won't even make #2? Her fans are a bit of a wild card here.

20. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

When did Mariko become this big? Sure, she co-hosts a music show, she does photoshoots overseas more than any other members, but she's not that prominently feature in MVs. Even when frontgirls come to other shows, like recently in Goro's Bar, Sayaka upstage her with her antics.