The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

2. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Re: THE STAGE48 post dump!

^ So I take it your against unbiased biased television? Or am I interpreting things incorrectly?

EDIT: Yeah, that's what I get for trying to type right after waking up.

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

If a TV station is airing something, then it's what the public wants, so how is that biased? Advertisers don't pay the TV station money if nobody is watching... if you don't like Korean TV shows then change the channel, I don't like watching sports and virtually every Australian TV channel shows it at some point and I protest the way they pay attention to the most, by changing the channel... sounds like just another excuse for racists to bash Korea.

4. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

I read about that protest and I think it's stupid. If you don't like it, change the channel. There are other stations on TV.

Kay

5. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Agree. Many people (too many) just want 'panem et circenses' and the TV stations know that, so they give it to them. There's nothing we can do but change the channel...

6. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

It's a bigger issue than the Korean soaps, as far as I know, although FujiTV does show a huge amount of Korean programming compared to the other channels. The channel is very actively introducing pretty much everything Korean in morning shows, variety shows, etc. - effectively "pushing" Korea, to speak in idol terms. I noticed it just in the short time I was in Japan last month.

7. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi

I am now old.

Also, my mouth hurts from my root canal and uh, yea I have no food to be able to take my meds. Happy birthday to me, at least I get Vicodin. [party]

8. Alaksandus

Alaksandus Kenkyuusei

According to my Japanese boss it's because of funding on the the Korean government side. As part of an initiative they are providing monetary incentives to support Korean media overseas. The popularity of Korean tv shows, music etc alone are not as popular enough to warrant the amount of Korean media you see there right now.

9. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

If you guys haven't noticed, I've been kind of quiet these days. I am resigning from my post as a moderator and am planning to kind of leave the AKB48 community. Too much disappointment going on for my tastes.

But if there's Natsuki, I'm there.

10. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

well i definitely know where your coming with this,
    so your leaving just like cRaZY MiKi back years ago huh? :[
    damn, even though i don't know you in real life... but this makes me pretty sad :(

11. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi

Awww :cry: it's sad to see you go! Is it because AKB48 is getting too mainstream or something?

Well in any case, I hope you visit here again soon!

12. Sorceress628

Sorceress628 Kenkyuusei

RocketstarLauncher-san, Thanks for all you've done in the stage48 and for international akb48 fans!

I've going kind of quiet as well now since Kayano has gone on haitus, and Aki-P continues to disregard Sayaka....

But if Natsuki ever comes to the US, I'm sure you'll fly to whatever coast she's on. :)

13. karles48

Whatever happens, thank you for your hard work. You will always be welcomed here.

14. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

Well if that's the case... bye then D: I'm getting kinda quiter nowdays as well, but its due to me being too busy with schoolwork, concert preparations, etc etc.

15. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

I second what Karles says, thank you for your hard work! [bow]

16. Afro_Stud

Afro_Stud Member Retired Staff

So my Photobucket seems to have been banned. I haven't uploaded anything that breaks their terms and conditions, unless of course it's the one that says I need someone's permission to upload a picture of them... They do have a rule however that states that they can delete pictures for no reason. I've sent an e-mail appealing this ban, but even if I get my account back, I'm guessing the pictures are gone already considering the images are totally dead rather than showing their 'this image violated our terms and conditions' image.

If anyone's using Photobucket I urge you not to as the same thing could happen to anyone at any time. Hopefully there's some law or something that I can use against them in order to get a refund as I paid a fee to get premium access on the site and they've taken my account away from me for no reason.

Does anyone know any image hosting sites that are actually any good? I can't seem to find one. At the moment I guess I'll use Imageshack as well as uploading some files here.

It's not feasible for me to re-upload all the pictures I've posted, so I guess what I'll do is upload a .rar file to multiupload for every member containing all the pictures I have of them. Someone wanted me to do this for Minegishi a while back, so I guess at least they can be happy about this...

17. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

^ Maybe you can use the attachment system?

18. karles48

Sad to read that, Afro_Stud, it's not fair... :hmm: I hope you get a refund (and an apology...).

Please, those members from the eastern coast of the States take care...

19. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

Damn, just about an hour ago I went to Photobucket and they had an opinion poll. I took it to tell them how I dislike the load speed. Had I known, I could've written something about their handling of such cases. I mean, if someone has a paid account and such a huge collection, they should at least contact the user about it or issue a warning.
    Deleting everything rightaway is overreacting IMO but I'm sure their TOS are worded accordingly and will protect them from having to refund you anything if they don't want to. Good luck with that!

As for the reason, just the other day I've been thinking "man, Afro Stud must be costing them quite a bit of bandwith". Seeing how much you post and how many members we have, I'm sure it adds up quickly.
    Browsing the galleries now, it's easy to see just how big a loss this is and I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for everything you did. Maintaining the galleries for so many girls surely beats everything else in terms of time / work required.
    :worthy:

^
    ^
    I don't think the attachement system was meant for something like this.

@RSL:
    Sad to see you go, but the best of luck to you!
    Thanks for being a great moderator.

20. Sorceress628

Sorceress628 Kenkyuusei

Giddy, are you ok? Hurricane Irene isn't even done with Virgina yet but is already raining in NYC.

I'm pretty sure my high school will be flooded. Its surrounded by riverbank on 3 sides.

Hope all stage48ers on the eastern coast are safely evacuated.