Single [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 1st Single [Mujin-eki] '12/02/01

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ijkm, Dec 6, 2011.

1. xKenbe

xKenbe Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 1st Single [TBA] 2012.02.01

Interesting... Though I'm not an enka fan, I'm looking foward to it.

2. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

That's incredible. They are all awesome voices. Hikawa Kiyoshi just seems to open his mouth and this incredible sound comes out. Poor little Wasamin, but she seems so calm the few times I have seen her do a solo bit. Will be great experience, she will be nervous I imagine.

3. otahiro

otahiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

I give the girl props for pursuing an enka career. She definitely needs a lot more vocal training, as her voice is very timid for enka. Whether she can manage that as a member of AKB48 remains a question, given any of the girls' busy schedules. If she really has the desire, she'll have to pursue that full-time after AKB. The ironic thing is that her enka single will sell more than H!P's Maeda Yuki's singles due to Wasamin's AKB popularity, regardless of how she sounds.

4. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

^ what is your rationale of your reason mate ???

5. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

@otahiro: I think Wasamin's voice isn't weak, maybe it's a matter of personal preference. In any case, she's unfortunately one of the unpopular members, so I don't know if just the AKB name is going to be enough for her to sell heaps and bounds.

I hope she does though, she's really talented

6. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Wasamin's voice certainly isn't weak. She has quite a good voice and it will get a bit stronger and a little deeper maybe as she gets a bit older, he voice will basically 'fill out'. Having an appropriate voice won't be her problem.

She is still young and may be beginning a long journey that is enka learning and growing along the way as they all have to do. And this is what makes it good, you will be able to watch her grow in ability and style over time, if she is really dedicated.

She won't come out and be like the established professionals of course, nobody in the industry will expect that at all. She just needs to be credible and demonstrate real potential, and she has pretty much reached that milestone. I would image she has been doing lots of work on it these past 6 months with some coaching, and hopefully a mentor. I am sure she will be dedicated to this course since they all must know careers with AKB48 are not forever.

Wasamin has a good head start though and that is years of singing with AKB, being in front of large crowds and singing often. That will help a lot. They will need to be careful in their song selection, something to suit the young girl.

But at the end of the day, at least she is giving it a go, and does have some real talent.

I am reminded of a video clip I saw on youtube of a young French coloratura opera singer with a great raw voice that showed her at the very beginning of her career, and then 12 months later, after some coaching and training. She had a lovely mostly untrained voice to listen to at the beginning, but just 12 months later she was incredible. She went on to become a great star, now in the later part of her career. Natalee Dessay.

7. oddball

oddball Member

^
    nice post, speaking of youtube here are a couple of clips od Wasamin singing enka.....

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dYl0LbGoI[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-dZL0hmWQQ[/yt]

really do think she has the ability to become a good enka singer!

8. otahiro

otahiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

I was actually calling Wasamin's voice timid for enka, not timid in general(definitely not weak for an idol). I've been listening to enka music since I was a child(pre-Onyanko Club days) and am very familiar with the genre. Up until a few years ago, I used to watch the NHK Kohaku Uta Gassen for the enka performances, not for the J-pop.

The great thing is she's only creeping up on 17 and has plenty of time for her voice to mature. She will just have a lot of training ahead to strengthen her voice to meet the standards that enka songs demand. It took Jero about 5 years of professional training from the time he won his first enka competition to his 2008 debut with "Umiyuki"...lyrics by Aki-P. :)

Is she really considered "unpopular", like her handshake lines resemble Shiichan's earlier in the year before her Shukan AKB episode? Either way, I have confidence in the AKB marketing machine that her single will get decent promotion. I don't expect her to do Mizumori Kaori or Hikawa Kiyoshi numbers, but it would be nice if she could crack the Oricon Weekly Top 30 and beat out a few established acts on the way.

9. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

I think some people already said it, but I think she is a good enka potential singer :) She has a good voice and moreover she seems to be happy doing it. It will be quite hard to break that stereotype of an idol, but at the end of the day she won't be singing as an idol all her career (as all the other girls of AKB48).
    Also, the most important thing is that she is pursing her dream of being an enka singer, which I think its the most important thing for her to do, follow her dreams. So AKB48 will just be a step to her music career. I do hope she doesn't leaves AKB48 soon, she has a nice personality and she might be too young to start her enka career IMHO.
    ganbatte wasamin! [party]

10. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari

they already start promoting her as she was able to perform with Speed and to sing a solo line. [clap]

11. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika

All of them had solo lines in that AKBxSpeed perf ;p almost ;p

12. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

But she was included in this perf. over other good vocal girls who are more popular than her but weren't included in both collaboration (Speed, MaruMori). (ie. Sayaka) I think it means something too.

13. non.

non. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon

Tracklist (as listed on 7net.)

CD
    1. untitled (title track)
    2. untitled (c/w track, original b-side)
    3. cover song #1
    4. cover song #2
    5-8. instrumentals

DVD.
    1. 'Title Track' MUSIC CLIP
    2. History of Iwasa Misaki
    3. Making of 'Title Track'
    4. Special Secret Bonus Clip

I bet the two covers will be enka songs that Aki-P wrote the lyrics to. [wonder]

14. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

I think this news alone is a "Heavy Rotation" in her career, she is right now "the most talking about" girl in AKB48 after Mariko-sama, as I'm really happy for her, as I'm starting to get worry, what well become of her regarding Watarirouka Hashiritai 7, & AKB also. But I believe in her, she have a strong personality with a strong well & and a big head between her shoulder. she can handle the triple sceduale, it's not like warota7 performing everyday. I think a lot of people right now take notice of this future Enka singerm even non fans of AKB48.

15. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

I am sure she will stay with AKB as long as possible and all her commitments. Don't want to put the cart before the horse. She has to be able to cope with what she is doing and get some acceptance.

I think the AKB background will be very good for her as it will incite curiosity plus bring a few AKB fans with her. The Enka genre should be happy as well as it raises its profile and brings more and younger eyes and ears to enka.

I also think it will be good for AKB48 giving them some added stature as being able to produce some serious singers and not just the Jpop cute genre. AKB48 would benefit from promoting her. Would could have AKB-Enka :)

And you have to love enka. No hiding your voice behind dances or loud music there. The voice and expression is the entire act. So it can be really scary if you don't have confidence in your voice.

And I agree that Wasamin still has a lot of work to do. But it should be fun to follow her.

16. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

chainangled11 December 2011 @ 01:14 pm
    [Iwasa Misaki] ☆Delusional team☆
    original post
    2011-12-11 16:06:05

Konnichiwasabi (・∀・)ノ

Yesterday, sorry
    I couldn't post ´`

I did

all day recordingーー!!!

Haaaaa...

For the rime being, I'm just relieved I was able to get over yesterday...

I seriously thought
    I would break down ^^;
    Depressed ^^;

It's really~

a good song.

But I can't say what it is yet←

I think it's like me.

But it's totally different from the songs I have delusions about!! haha

What kind of song do you think it is??

Everyone,

please tell me your various delusions (^ω^)

Ahh

realizing that it's my own song is mysterious, I can't take it ;`・ч・´

I'm still waiting to do the coupling song, so I'll do my best

The coupling song is too interesting!!!
    It's a surprise in a certain meaning of the word LOL

It feels like
    "merooon" (^O^)/

Please look forward to it

So...

Today

it's a handshaking event at Makuhari Messe (´∀`)

This time I definitely planned on doing a Azunyan cosplay...
    so yesterday I was going take it out and iron, but...
    T/N: Azunyan is a character from the K-ON movie that came out recently

yesterday I ran out of time so I have to abandon it...

(T_T)

Instead, I'll unleash the zettairyouiki
    T/N: That's the area between the top of knee-high socks and below the skirt

For the people coming

please treat me well

\Wasamin/
    ----------------------------------------------------
    -- Wasamin begining her recording [clap] --

source: blog48.livejournal.com

17. sayayumina

sayayumina Kenkyuusei

well the only time I heard her sing was in kagekidan, I think she was OK but I can't really elaborate since this is the only time I've heard her sing. But an enka single seems to be fitting for her :) wonder what the concept of her PV(s) would be like ....

18. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

I am very glad to hear this from Wasamin. It means she is being challenged, and that means she is really learning stuff. Becoming a 'real' solo singer, especially enka, is extremely hard work and takes lots of repetition, frustration and learning of various singing and phrasing techniques.

When a song is sung really well you never realise all the little things they are doing except to think that it sounds really good.

As to what she should be singing I think they should avoid songs that makes it easy to compare her with current professionals. That would be unfair on her.

19. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

From reading what she wrote and knowing how hard she must be working, it's making me even more excited for this single :)

Really can't wait! :)

20. oddball

oddball Member

^

Well a depressed Wasamin can't be that good of a thing!!! :cry: :cute:

Still I know what you mean, it's definalty good to she that she is both challenging herself and being challenged by those in charge of her single to push herself and her ability, it shows that they think she is worth that effort on and that they want her top become better as she herself wan't to become better!