The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Re: THE STAGE48 post dump!

I'm going to send you my oculist's bill :lol:

2. caramujo

caramujo Kenkyuusei

Megaupload Site Taken Down Amidst FBI Charges

The Federal Bureau of Investigation shut down Thursday one of the world's most popular file-sharing websites, megaupload.com, and announced the arrest of four of the people behind it in a global crackdown against the suspected online pirates.

Investigators said there was no connection between arrests in their two-year investigation and the political firestorm that erupted this week over a pending vote on the Stop Online Piracy Act.

Seven people have been charged with online piracy crimes in an indictment unsealed in northern Virginia. Four of those suspects are already in custody, authorities said. The megaupload.com website, which was available earlier Thursday, appeared to no longer be online later in the day.

The four were arrested in New Zealand. Federal agents and other law enforcement agencies simultaneously moved to search bank records and server farms in multiple locations around the globe, authorities said. The charges include conspiracy to commit racketeering and criminal copyright infringement.

http://online.wsj.com/article_email...71060611948408-lMyQjAxMTAyMDEwOTExNDkyWj.html

3. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

That is sad. It was easily one of the best of all those file sharing sites (Fileserve, Hotfile and whatnot). I had an account there and have relied on it many times. Too bad.

4. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Megaupload

...so it means, that basically ALL closed captions linked to H!O got f*cked and without chances of reupload (tested before with single missing). I might pack those I have and throw somewhere, but other hundreds...

AKBINGOs were stored also, as I remember, so no direct DLs now.

5. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

DAMN! This is bad. :fear:

Pretty soon we might not even have any resources to get any AKB. Damn that SOPA Act, this is a back-step to progress and could well throw us into a digital stone age. :fear:

Stage48 needs some protectin... Any assassins here? :pirate:

[shock] If you could read that without quoting me then your eyes must be in amazing shape. [hehe]

6. Justin

Justin Kenkyuusei

Woohoo! We're in the news again! But honestly.. Why New Zealand.. If I see them at the district court, I will congratulate them

If you guys want to stop SOPA, sign all the petitions.

7. karles48

I guess it has nothing to do with the SOPA. After all, that law is just a project (american members will correct me if I'm wrong) and it's an american project, so they can't (or maybe I should say 'shouldn't') arrest people abroad. However, this is indeed a kick in the crotch...
    :asdfgh:

8. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

Either directly or indirecty, it has everything to do with SOPA. Sad to say but it's obviously either New Zealand being whipped or a New Zealand move showing it's initiative in allegiance to the US initiative. Besides, the feds are an American thing and there isn't an FBI in New Zealand* so it's might just be the mighty long arm of the US extending it's reach. :confused:

Edit: Yep, it was definitely the US that shut it down.

*Well, there was this one time in highschool this Maori kid trying to enter the restricted access music lab i was guarding with a hand drawn FBI badge, lol that was epic.XD

Either they ran to NZ or the masterminds of Megaupload were from New Zealand. Yeyah! :awesome:

9. caramujo

caramujo Kenkyuusei

Anonymous hackers claim to have crashed Justice Department website

Anonymous, the group of activist hackers, claimed to have crashed the Justice Department website on Thursday in retaliation for prosecutors shutting down the popular file-sharing site Megaupload.com.

"The government takes down Megaupload? 15 minutes later Anonymous takes down government & record label sites," the group wrote on its Twitter account.

A Justice Department spokesman did not confirm whether the agency had suffered a cyber attack, but justice.gov was not loading as of Thursday evening.

Minutes later, Anonymous claimed to have crashed the websites of Universal Music, the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), which are some of the most vocal proponents of tougher copyright enforcement laws.

All of the sites were down, as of Thursday evening.

Anonymous claimed it crashed Copyright.gov, but the site seemed to be loading normally. They said FBI.gov would be "next," but the site was not yet having any problems.

The group claimed that the coordinated attack was its "largest ever."

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-v...us-claims-to-crash-justice-department-website

10. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Its has begun...

I hope that Mediafire doesnt shutdown next >_<

11. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

This is bad news people. Seriously. SO much stuff was on MegaUpload, and MegaVideo. Was the site even hosted in the US?
    Sometimes you get the feeling anonymous can hack into anything they want. If this is starting some kind of shutting down websites battle, this is bad news.

12. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

Shit, imagine if this causes the next world war. [wonder]

The stronger enemy states of the US should invest on free file hosting next. [hehe]

13. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

let's just all stop going to the movies, buying movie DVDs, supporting E3 games and etc, kill the industries before they propose more stupid bills~ who needs Hollywood and those TV series when we have asian movie and animes.

14. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

^ OMG TOMOCHIYUU WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN I MISSED YOU T^T

15. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

That's because the yesterday at GMT+8 would be much later compare to yours I guess. I was planning to take the 500,000th post but work and sleepiness intervened. [hehe]

:fp:

Why do they have to take it down when I'm in the 7th and last part of that 3gb direct download and that's just another 100mb left. They should have schedule that for tomorrow. :tongue:

Looks like torrent would be more abound now I hope they don't see it as the next target especially HO!. [worried]

If that happens the no.2 entertainment market would be on the center stage which happens to be Japan and which also happens to be dominated by AKB so I support that move. :D

16. Justin

Justin Kenkyuusei

Well it was on the 6 o'clock news. I missed it though. But apparently they weren't New Zealanders, but just living here. And they live just a little bit up north from me. I heard they had a really nice house and cars or something. If anyone cares about the story, http://tvnz.co.nz/one-news/video

17. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik

TomoChiyuu: really good idea, this should be played first and from the start, BUT only applying to content related to companies calling for introduction of these laws. It would mean paying attention only to independent/indie companies, or even other kinds of cultural goods, but it wouldn't strike customers as much (still much to hear/read/watch [hehe] ) as those giants... :music: :tongue: :whistle:

18. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

I'm glad to hear the European Commission is very critical of the proposed SOPA legislation. Not that they care on the other side of the Atlantic but it's great to see there are still some sensible people in the world of politics.

19. karles48

True, but wise up, if the States want something, Europe will give it to them tied up with a nice blue ribbon (just remember the passengers lists of european people flying to the states, the boy from wikileaks...). The FBI has begun a war I don't think they will be able to win. One thing is fighting against a terrorist group, but this has pissed off millions of people everywhere in the world, and I'm sure some of them are quite dangerous and skilled. If hackers were able to hack even webpages of the Pentagon or the Nasa, I don't think the FBI would be able to stop a cyberattack...and the potential damage is far greater than anything we can imagine... :(
    PS: Of course I won't be surprised at all if mediafire is the next site to be taken down...

20. Justin

Justin Kenkyuusei

Ahhhh, thought I'd post this here..

Had a long and fun day celebrating Chinese New Year. Had so much food.. even had takoyaki..

So many beautiful chinese girls too..

Was a few metres away from the Prime Minister.

Watched an amazing fireworks display.