Single [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 1st Single [Mujin-eki] '12/02/01

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ijkm, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 1st Single [Mujin-eki] 2012.02.01

On Amazon positioning ClariS is right next to Mujin-eki.

Not too bad then since ClariS is well known and has an existing following.

2. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]

3. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

A lot of the girls has been taking about this. Maybe a 200k sale is modest with advertisement like these.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ET920

ET920 Member

^ 200k modest? That is what Tomochin and Acchan sold. They might have printed 30-50k units in total.

5. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Yep, this is enka; she isn't Hikawa Kiyoshi, so we can expect record breaking sales. That said, 4th is an impressive start. Perhaps she'll hit about 20K for the week.

I was mulling about picking this up, but I think I will. She's a lovely singer.

6. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

Of course I'm exaggerating. [hehe]

It's hard to sell enka to wotas even if its an AKB member. :^^;:

7. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

The irony is once you are well known you can make lots of sales even if your CD is not much good. AKB48 could make a CD of two dogs barking with Acchan whistling and still sell a few hundred thousand CDs.
    But you can be a great singer and not sell anything.

Once you get to the top you have it made, you then get lots of fans because you have lots of fans. The benefit of incumbency. If people hear your CDs are selling like hot cakes then many will go out and buy for that reason.

Sometimes to get the break you need management buys up a bunch of CDs to give the impression of good sales to start the ball rolling for more sales or the next CD. Calling it a marketing expense, or long term investment. Would not be surprised if AKB at some stage bought up a bunch of Wasamin CDs to improve the impression of success, thinking of their future with Wasamin, in creating a reputation for her.

Heck, if I were really rich I would go out and buy 20,000 of her CD/DVDs then a few month later have them delivered randomly around Tokyo, a double help.

It isn't just enough to be a good singer with a good song, unless it is a great song. Lucky for Wasamin she has the AKB association and they can do a lot to raise her profile amongs AKB fans, if they want.

After the sales period is finished for this CD it would be beneficial to allow the CD to leak onto youtube so people can run across her there, since she has such a low profile.

EDIT: Also nice to see Mujin-eki 23. just pass ClariS 24. on Amazon. Can she get onto their page one ..Top 20.

EDIT: Getting closer....Wasamin 22...well they are both on the up now, but ClariS just jumped to 21

8. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

This single is sold as a normal Enka single, nothing much except limited edition with DVD.

All solo and subunits have 2-4 types with containing exclusive events tickets. And those girls are at least senbatsu level but Wasamin is still a theatre tier girl.

I recall Tanamin and Nakayan's Gamba Mamba DVD sold only 9k in 1st week. This single is already doing way better than that.

We have to see the sale pattern from tomorrow, if it falls just like normal idol single, it will be at most #5. But if it had an artist-like trend, i can see this can fight for #2 spot with SKE48 2nd week as the strongest competition.

9. SomethingWild

SomethingWild Kenkyuusei

Baby Gamba sold 743 copies in its first week.

10. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

anybody knows that is the exact amount of wasamin's enka debut ??

11. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

I'd really like to see the numbers as well, especially since S/mile and ClariS are so close to each other. Wasamin could very well just be a few hundred behind them. We're definitely going to see a fight for the 2nd and 3rd place spots this week.

A 15K-20K weekly for member who's not very popular and singing enka (which isn't exactly "hip" with the youth of Japan) would be impressive. 30K is also possible depending on how far or close she is to the 10K mark. Hopefully her sales have the stability of the AKB soloists past so she can reach it.

12. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

This...

I think this result is about what would be expected. For the average fan, there was no real incentive to pre-order a ton of copies. And it is an enka-themed single after all. Of course everyone wants to see a decent amount of copies sold. But at the end of the day I think it was just as, if not more important that the song was well-received quality-wise.

It's not about "let's make a fast buck with this AKB/Enka novelty". More like is she going to be a viable enka talent for years to come. Personally, I think she has made a case for that already. At least enough of a case to pursue it further than this debut single.

13. otahiro

otahiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

For enka artists other than the Prince of Enka, Hikawa Kiyoshi, a successful enka single sells throughout the year despite not so huge 1st week numbers. Mizumori Kaori's "Shounai Heiya Kaze no Naka" debuted at #7 with 28,532 units sold, but ended 2011 as the #72 single of the year with 104,045 sold.

Similarly, Tendo Yoshimi's "Futari no Funauta" opened up at #23, selling only 5,226 copies, yet ended up at #129 for 2011 with 52,679 sold. Sure, there are plenty of J-Pop artists who sell well over 52k their first week, but with enka artists, you can probably rule out a huge percentage of their first week sales being from superfans or wota. The impressive number is the amount that sells the remainder of the year.

So let's say Wasamin only does 20k or so for first week sales, and let's say that number is attributed to mainly her fans from AKB. The enka community may continue to buy this single throughout the year, as that is how enka sales go. You know, the obasans are in no rush to buy the latest singles like standard J-Pop fans. She may very well double or triple (or more!) her first week's sales figures by the end of 2012. That's a great upside in my opinion.

The downside is that the enka community just may not like her single, and the majority of her sales will come from the first week and disappear shortly after. That also wouldn't surprise me given she is a new face to the enka community and her duties in AKB and WH may prevent her from promoting/performing on multiple enka shows throughout the year. However, the early signs are her numbers shouldn't be too low given the genre, and they won't be as bad as former Hello! Project enka singer Maeda Yuki. Despite her poor numbers, Maeda Yuki has released eleven singles, one mini-album, and one full album.

14. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan

That was barely even promoted though wasn't it? I remember seeing like 2 videos and then never hearing about it again.

I LOVE this release. I mean I really, really love it. I preordered it even though I'm broke. She deserves sales. It's gorgeous and Aki-P clearly thinks the girl has major potential to give her such an amazingly classy song. I hope this isn't the last we hear of her and she has semi-regular releases.

15. ossan

ossan Member

first day sales: 7,352

16. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

not bad (off topic: obama meme LOL) Well I think it was good, not impressive, but good. Lets see how this goes afterwards

17. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

Actually 7354 copies on first day is dream of some artist.

18. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

HEAVY ROTATION Wasami version is freakin' awesome!! [rock]

19. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

WOW WOW WOW
    Every song in this Single is AWESOME, Mujin Eki is a very warm song, Heavy Rotation is just brilliant, this is the first time I listen to a song with a great two different versions, I will like it even if it came before the original one, and the other two song are SOOOOOO beautiful, it give me a feel of the Spring, and Wasamin sang them with a very relaxed mode, now I believe her voice can fit in any kind of genre & not just Enka.
    Akimoto Yasushi...PLEASE in the next AKB48 Singles, and if there is Team A7 please please give her more important songs. I really love to hear Wasamin more & more. :inlove:

20. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Yeh the first few times I listened to Heavy Rotation it gave me that addictive feeling, you just wanted to listen to it again. It is sort of surprising that it sounds so good in enka style. Probably it is the heavier enka style that helps pull it off.

Like I said yesterday, from the samples I listened to she has a young voice, but a full voice. Her voice is very pleasant to listen to. So cant wait for my CD/DVD order to arrive here in Australia.

As for sales. I think somebody put it in perspective by referring to the number of sales super popular and perennial AKB48 front lady gets for her singles. She has a big fan base, very well known. Poor Wasamin has been almost comparatively anonymous to the general public over the same time period. So it is going to take some time and patience to create greater awareness of her. That is the major battle, becoming known, regardless of innate ability.

For Wasamin this is an enka marathon anyway, and over the next 30 years you can see her mature by the way she sings Mujin-eki which I think something Aki-p was referring to.

I have only one concern. That she makes enough sales in the end to get more singles. Because I really want to buy more of her stuff. Cant get enough.