Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for AKB48 in 2012/13

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Discothèque, Dec 18, 2011.

1. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Re: Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for AKB48 in 2012?

Aachan graduating and Team 8

jesus christ, save us all :psy:

2. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

My biggest fear: YUKO. GRADUATING.
    ;;;
    if that happens... idk if I would follow AKB at all anymore........ ;;;;

3. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

I don't think you need to worry about that. There's no way that they will let go of Yuko right after Acchan's graduation
    My biggest fear would be the formation of team 12 :rofl:
    Seriously, I can't stand the increasing number of members anymore. Why don't they just stick with 48 members and other sister groups can operate on their own rather than join in AKB activities [shake]

4. Geter92

Geter92 Kenkyuusei

I hope nobody else graduates, I've already lost two of my favorites don't wanna lose anymore. I fear Acchan leaving will cause a trickle down effect and cause others to leave.........this day sucks :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

5. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

There will be more graduations. In fact I had expected a whole number of members to announce their graduation today. But now they hit us with our ace. This was the difficult one and the one to prepare fans for change - management will now consider all other announcements after this one less of a shock.

Once they perform at the Dome the original first gen members will have reached their dream and AKB will have to move forward/into a new direction. First steps have been taken this weekend with promotions, the exchange program system and changes to the sousenkyo rules. And of course Acchan leaving. Aki-p's plan will slowly take shape over the length of the national tour.
    One thing I am relatively sure of is that the first chapter of AKB will end at Tokyo Dome. It will be the last station of the group as we know it.

On a sidenote: Shortly after today's concert, Togasaki announced on the official blog that 12th gen kenkyuusei Suzuki Rika will graduate the group on March 31st to concentrate on her studies.

6. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

Re: Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for AKB48 in 2012

I was expecting her to graduate, but certainly not this soon. In fact, I was actually hoping for her to stay till the end but that would be at least impractical to even speak of it.

2012 happened to be, quote, the year of reformation or change, but this is starting to get a little too drastic for reformation or even change. Not to the casual fellas maybe, but more on the insiders.

I suppose we're bound to see something in the next big event. Elections possibly.

7. maki2589

maki2589 Kenkyuusei

^ speaking of the next ellection im expecting to see some changes and the possibility of some members jumping alot of spots in the ranking i mean if the acchan fans keep supporting akb then other members are bound to get those votes right? and besides with the lost of acchan im thinking fans would be trying even harder to get their oshis higher rankings now that the bar for no.1 has been lowered(even if its just a little bit).

8. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

^
    There are actually a few ways to go about it. I'll split them into appropriate categories.

If Maeda stays
    - Either fans will push her through the clouds or she will lose fans.
    - My speculation, being a Maeda oshi myself, is that the first will happen.
    - It's happened before with SDN, so I can expect this happening again.
    - If the exact opposite happens, then many of her fans will split into other members.
    - Huge jumps are expected to happen if this was the case

If Maeda leaves
    - It is certain that the charts will scramble up very messily
    - This is due to the loss of Maeda in the list
    - Think about it, 140k votes split into 200 members, that's an average potential of 700 per member
    - If that's the case, then there's no telling who will end up winning
    - Or the exact opposite happens, everyone will drop out of elections as if nothing mattered

My likely guesses are that either Maeda gets a massive boost if she stays, and a large scramble happens if she doesn't. The other guesses are just possible alternatives. I could be wrong though. We have to wait.

9. renx2

renx2 Kenkyuusei

I think some fans (probably not a lot but still some) will actually leave with Acchan.

10. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

The last thing I want to hear before this year end is another first gen graduating. We already got two this year alone. :fp:

For God sake let there be none.

11. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

Can someone tell me who else is graduating? Apparently I didn't hear the news that someone other than Atsuko is also graduating............

12. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

So far, it's just Atsuko at the moment but don't be surprised if more members are announced.

13. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

You're looking at one now.
    Dependent on how things shift, really.. If Maeda was still tied to AKB regardless of her leave then, that'd be great and all; but the book does say, no strings attached. We'll see how this goes.

14. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I guess acchan's grad signals some sort of shift and we'll probably have more graduations. It'll be tricky though since most of the other senbatsu members are in sub-groups as well. So yuko for example will also have us wonder what happens to not yet. Well maybe the next ones to shine are the popular members in ske/nmb/hkt. :)

15. Gentlementleman

Gentlementleman Kenkyuusei

aww man! reading all this makes me feel so depressed. It's like my small AKB48 world is collapsing. [worried]

16. renx2

renx2 Kenkyuusei

Re: Spoiler -> Really? I would have thought otherwise since Jurina is in Team K now, at least "temporarily".

17. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    ^
    ^ The only way to get over this is just to make this graduation like any other and move on. Anyway fans will start to calm down and realize that they all aren't thinking straight.

18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I completely agree with this. AKB48 won't end with Acchan's departure (like Morning musume didn't end when Abe left, and I think that Abe was more important to MM than Acchan to AKB48), and many of her fans will find another oshimen (of course, those who don't have another one yet). What about those fans who will stop supporting AKB48 because she's leaving? Well, no drama here, we all new Acchan wouldn't stay here forever so their AKB fandom had "use-by date" from the beginning, they will keep on supporting Acchan whatever she does, and the rest will keep on supporting AKB48...

19. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

If you think it hurts now, wait until Acchan's final performance when she finally leaves. On that day, many Acchan fans are going to really feel it. The hurt will eventually fade, though not really, because of all the memories. It'll hurt less over time.

I'm lucky that I'm MD :hehe: :fear: because the departure of Nacchan stung since she was one of my favorites. I still miss her :(

I'll stay with AKB for as long as possible even knowing that my favorites will eventually graduate.

20. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

I've never been truly "clingy" to AKB as a whole. Like some, I guess you can count me in the category that likes only certain people. And frankly, if it weren't for Maeda, I wouldn't know AKB more in-depth, and so are the chain reactions to SKE. This kinda happened with some of the graduated-member-oshis.