1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for AKB48 in 2012/13

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Discothèque, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    title says it all really

What do you hope for, fear, or predict for AKB48 in 2012?

2. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Re: Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for AKB48 in 2012?

I predict that Acchan will still be center for all the singles.

Totally original, eh?

:awesome:

3. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

I have a fear they might graduate some of the less popular members/members with delcining popularity [sealed] Other than that, still gonna be onward and upward for the juggernaut that is AKB! :D

4. digital clone

digital clone Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana

I hope there will be new stages. I fear that there won't be. I also fear that some less popular members will graduate. I predict akb48 single sales will fall.

5. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

Hopes: I hope that members like Hirajima Natsumi, Kasai Tomomi & Sato Amina to wake up a little, & be back to their positions, Hirajima Natsumi is one of the first members to join AKB48 (Correct me if I'm wrong) & yet until today I don't see her enter the Senbatsu Member, she's super cute, & have beautiful personality, all of what it takes to be in the front AKB48 members, I hope she will imporve in 2012.
    Also I hope AKB48 to be well Known in the world more & more, and be No.1
    I hope for Iwasa Misaki's Single to success, & to top the oricon charts. [party]

Fears: My fears will be the graduation of some members specially Shinoda Mariko [worried] I want her to continue even more & more, at least for one year.

Predictions: AKB48 will continue their success & rise beyond the sky of the entertainment world.

6. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

Hoping for new stages. I mean, I DEMAND new stages. They've had these for way too long.

Fearing they would get overshadowed by all the incoming kpop stars. I'm not that fond of kpop personally, only a few of the top artists like f(x), SNSD(OF COURSE), KARA. I still prefer Kpop and of course AKB, so I fear that kpop will take over japan and our girls too. Please don't kill me kpop fans, I would like my favourite groups to be more famous in Japan and throughout the world, but not take over jpop and AKB.

Predictions... I predict Mariko would graduate.... Which is something nobody wants obviously, but it's a fact that she's getting older as well.

7. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

Hopes

- New stages. Four new stages for all FOUR teams. PLEASE
    - Team 4 gets filled up with another 5 members
    - Team 4 gets treated like a proper team (still sad about no penguin pv)
    - Kato Rena and Iwata Karen getting promoted to team 4
    - Yui makes media senbatsu at the election
    - Instead of janken they will organise a wrestling tournament
    - No more hair (accessorie) related singles
    - Wasamin has succes with her enka career
    - Horipro subunit

Fears

- Team 8 before they properly sort out team 4
    - Exactly the same year as 2010 and 2011
    - No new stages
    - Mariko will graduate :D

Predictions

- AKB48's popularity will reach a new peak around 2012 election, sales will decline after that, and then stabilize
    - Yui will make media senbatsu
    - Mariko won't graduate
    - They will live stream all big events like the election and probably another janken

8. Shimoneta

Shimoneta Kenkyuusei

I've got a lot of similar/the same answers as several people here! Here we go--

HOPES
    ★ More sub-unit (preferably Warota & Not yet) singles.
    ★ Team 4 will gain a few more faces (Kato Rena please~) and be promoted more seriously.
    ★ I actually like mostly everyone in both the Media/Senbatsu line from 2011 so I'm okay with it sticking that way!
    ★ More accessibility for international fans (Google+ is a good start!)
    ★ AKB○○48's success, of course!
    ★ Fresh and exciting new corners on AKBINGO!

On the note of my last hope, I always thought a corner where a more experienced AKB member could be paired up with a younger member and they go out for a day and learn from each other would be really nice. When it comes to Teams A/K/B, I don't feel a huge gap, but then Team 4 almost feels like its own entity at times. I think some efforts to make things seem more unified would be fun.

More people specific hopes would include KitaRie making it to Media Senbatsu, and Shawako building more attention in SKE48.

And then my last, and mostly personal hope is that I can catch a Team B live next time I'm in Japan. XD

FEARS
    None, really. D:

PREDICTIONS
    ★ I predict AKB's marketing strategy (read: PUT THEM EVERYWHERE YOU CAN) will continue to garner them fans.

By not only have group activities, but several smaller "themed" units, they are able to reach into a lot of markets. With that said, I see them still maintaining success in 2012, even if sales were to drop. My guess is the combined profits from all the groups will still put AKB as an whole out of reach (or close to it)!

The beauty of the idol industry is just that-- being an idol is so much different than just being a singer/actor/model/etc. There is always a method of getting exposure. Even if a person may not like AKB's music, they may enjoy their variety shows and so on.

9. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

Hope:
    - New stage songs for all teams
    - AKB48 continues to gain momentum in 2012
    - Better singles for 2012 because 2011 wasn't as good as their previous years
    - Every solo and subunit sales continue on a upswing in 2012

Fear:
    - Graduation of some members like Mariko and Yuko
    - Singles for 2012 will be like 2011
    - No new stages will be added in 2012
    - SDN48 is as good as gone, with no hope for it being revived again

Predictions:
    - I suspect that Aki-P will continue to add new groups into the 48 family like he did this year for HKT48 and JKT48
    - I hope every prediction made in this thread will actually come true :)

My Opinions:
    - Despite not being around at the time AKB48 hadn't rose to popularity, I always thought the singles were the only thing that AKB48 had. However, the moment someone mentioned about stage songs, I took a listen and before you know it, I prefer those over the singles.
    - As for the singles in 2011, I couldn't really get into them because they just didn't have something I was looking for. I mean, I never was a fan of Flying Get or Ue Kara Mariko when it first came out and still not a fan of it now. The rest of the singles were okay but could of been better.
    - Despite the rise in Kpop in Japan, I don't see how much of an affect it would have on AKB48 since if they did, the group would never get the sales that it did this year (singles wise).

10. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

I'm not sure if these are classified as fears or predictions :fp:
    - A xxx48 group (come on, aren't there way too many already, I still prefer AKB, adding more will just make the market becomes saturated sooner)
    - Another Janken tournament (not that I really hate it, quite interesting at first but then, I don't see the point of it, senbatsu members don't really care much about this tournament and when they win, the single would be treated in a "different" manner)
    - No more surprises in senbatsu election (again, this election is no point, Acchan would still be the center and there's a high chance that Takamina would drop out of Kami 7)
    - Singles become repeated (not just the theme but the PVs)

11. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Hopes: AKB48 is still there
    Fears: AKB48 stops being there
    Predictions: AKB48 will still be there, even stronger than now

It may seem too simple, but for me that's all that really matters. I didn't fall in love with Miichan, Tomochin or anyone else, I fell in love with AKB48. Even if my oshis graduate I'm sure I'll find other members to follow (after all, most of them are lovely enough to deserve it) so, as long as AKB48 still exists it's ok for me.
    PS: when I say AKB48 I mean the 'XXX48 family'

12. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

AKB48 will have their busiest year in 2012, but not for business reasons. They will be as much a public psychological service as a business enterprise.

It is quite probable now that the globe will enter into a long recession, which has already begun in some places and there is going to be some economic turmoil. Net result is for a quite depressing 2012 with little optimism about. It is always at these times that entertainment become a more then necessary detraction from reality.

AKB48 and others will become more important to some and in demand, though they will need to revise their cost structures and offer more and cheaper public concerts going forward. Their type of music is what people will need. So I see AKB48 being busier and more popular than ever in 2012.

Prediction: Wasamin will be catapulted to stardom. Not because she will become a great singer, but a singer of the right type of music for the times and being a member of AKB. As with the the escapism of usual AKB music there will also be the need for nostalgia, reflection, story telling and the like expressed the way it is in Enka music. Almost a self pitying type of music. AKB should keep her and develope her as an Enka singer within AKB and a regular part of their concerts, a very nice and appreciated mix and contrast within their concerts.

I have a very very pessimistic outlook for the global economies next year, and with very good reason that the vast majority of the public will be oblivious too.

Next year will be a year of change in public mood and perception and emotional needs.

13. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

QFT. Hopefully anyway. :inlove:

Hopes:
    - AKB stabilizes their popularity.
    - AKB does more promotion to reach international fans. (Internet will help you!)
    - Wasamin makes senbatsu.
    - New stages.
    - Younger girls getting pushed to the public eye to help maintain AKB. The top members probably have a decent number of years but others getting pushed (Yui/Fresh Lemon) aren't exactly that young either. Maybe I'm thinking too far into the future. :D

Fears:
    - AKB drops out of popularity.
    - Graduations...
    - Another repeat of the same singles.

Predictions:
    - Our wallets will still be empty.
    - Team 8 is formed.
    - Possibly a new subunit?
    - Some new, crazy event akin to shuffle/janken.
    - More ***48 groups.

14. czy

czy Kenkyuusei

Hope:
    New awesome stage songs
    New awesome singles
    Continue to improve their popularity
    Give the lesser known girls spotlight too

Fears:
    Graduation of the more popular members
    Decline in their sales & Popularity ( Once youre at the top, its kinda hard to stay at the top )
    No new stage songs :fp:

Predictions:
    More addition to the 48 family probably
    New faces added to Team 4
    AKB will probably defy the odds and climb to greater heights in terms of popularity :XD:
    Amina will finally have the spotlight she deserve :awesome:

15. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Predictions:

- AKB's singles all hit the million mark

- Yui makes media Senbatsu

- Paruru makes Senbatsu

- Miorin ranks Senbatsu in election (and later becomes a regular)

- Another dark house will place surprisingly high in election (2010 it was Tomochin, 2011 it was Yuki, 2012.... Sasshi? :shifty: )

- B6/K7 (Although the hope for new stages is all but lost...I feel it... I feel it in my bones...)

- Team 4 gets completed

- A new subunit consisting of Team 4 members

- French Kiss/Not yet 1st albums

-The Top 10 spots in Oricon will belong to the whole 48 family (I know, this sounds like a 'hope' but if NMB's numbers keeps rising the way they have between their first two singles and we've yet to see how HKT will do...I think it could happen)

- Watarirouka Hashiritai (7) will continue being awesome [rock]

Hopes:

- Team 4 actually gets treated like a legit team

- Team 4 gets an original stage

- All Stages get proper, mass distributed CD releases

- After the annual Sakura song, the release pattern won't look anything like the last two years.

- PLEASE give us more stuff like Kataomoi Finally. ;______;

- Janken results are much better (aside from Miichan and Mariko, the results kinda sucked)

- A lower Senbatsu/upper UG wins Janken.

- Nacchan gets more attention :cold:

- Chiyuu gets a regular unit

- Lemon gets a seiyuu role

- Tomochin's next single outperforms Dear J

- AKB0048 is the biggest anime of the year :awesome:

- Wasamin's first single (and the ones after) do well <3

- More regular subunits and another solo debut

Fears:

- Sakura song-->Song about hair accessory-->song about CD production/release--->cool song about a challenge--->UG song w/ senbatsu Christmas song :fp:

- No new stages

- Chiyuu will graduate for medical reasons

- Acchan will graduate to focus on her acting career

- As the result of one of the above graduations, Tomochin will also leave (I dunno, I've always felt like if Acchan or Chiyuu left then Tomochin wouldn't be far behind but then a lot of people thought TakaGaki would leave together so idk :<)

- An extremely boring year with nothing that pleases me or grabs my interest

16. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

That would be so awesome. I'm happy there are more Paruru fans here.

PARURU! PARURU! :approve:

17. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

hopes:

- akb48 will be popular than 2011
    -Mariko & other older members dont graduate [sealed]
    -takamina at least make to top 5 (she kinda has to she's the captain :) )
    -stages for every team
    -put more senbatsu in variety programs [rock]

Fears:

-akb48 will get less popular
    -akb48 will disband
    -Mariko & others will have to graduate(i really dont think she will but yeah)
    - akii will keep making 48 groups and akb48 will get less attention :(
    -kami 7 doesnt stay as kami 7 :cry:

Predictions

-acchan will get more popular( hopefully takamina as well lol :D )
    -acchan rank 1 yuko rank 2 yuki 3? [shake]
    -team 8 will be created
    -more popular 2012 last year of their BOOM! (cross fingers its not the last)

18. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Hopes:
    more dramas and movies from akb ohta pro
    good singles for tomochin
    churi makes it to senbatsu
    akb48 groups ownage of oricon charts like this year
    not yet v sexy zone again in oricon battle

Fears
    scandal involving a high profile member -- hope there's none.

:)

19. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika

^ there's already a scandal.. just watch SKE's new single PV preview..

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THnJfcaKquk[/yt]

20. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    wow, ske songs have been high quality since pareo. the dance is great, that's where they're clearly better than akb. hmm, I guess this'll be controversial. :)

I like that rena said she loves churi. [clap]

on topic, I guess I meant scandal to the top 16 akb members. I figure they can survive scandals involving other members. :)