Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for AKB48 in 2012/13

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Discothèque, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

Re: Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for AKB48 in 2012?

But I find that after getting no.3 in the election, Yukirin has got a whole lot more media exposure than ever (HanaKimi, CMs etc.) On the other hand, I hardly see Tomochin these days [wonder]

2. koiso

koiso Kenkyuusei

Hopes: All the best for the 48 family :D :D :D :D
    Fears: Takamina rangking worse at senbatsu election no 8th or worse position please :( :( :(
    Predictions: More AKB official shop will be opened in other country :drool: :drool: :drool:
    AKB selling rate beat love machine~~
    AKB will be known in all over the world :D :D :D :D :D

3. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

The general election is a great crowd pleaser and marketing tool.

It is however a bit unfair as the first lot to make it up the top then begin to get votes because they are popular. It becomes kind of self perpetuating and makes it harder for others of higher talent to get to the same level. But since this is a business this is exactly how you would want it to work, with a little nudge here and their to improve the gene pool from time to time.

As for Takamina, I doubt that management will 'let' her position fall too low. It would be a very bad look inside and outside of AKB. You can't have your mentor, AKB hero and Captain's Captain hanging around at 19. They need to ensure she has a position that is appropriate to her real life ranking in AKB. So yes, they would play with the results if they are able if, if Takamina came in at 20 or some such. In my opinion.

Im sure if absolutely necessary Aki p can afford to buy 20k or 30k CDs (then have them resold) lol.

4. oddball

oddball Member

Well Hana Kimi would of been decided before her result came out and she's always been in commercials with AKB or French Kiss and Yeah she got a good position in Flying Get but I felt she got swallowed a bit in Kazefu, like it was before her 3rd place.... Of course Yuki isn't the only You'd never guess Rie was 13th for example....

(of course Yuki is quite a difficult case because she hasn't been featured as much in the past like say Acchan, Shinoda, Itano et al have been so she moves down a bit in concerts etc still atm)

It's the other way too, Itano though dropping down to 8th still gets as much as she did before and Takamina will always be a big part of a single (rightly so btw) whatever her rank is, like Jurina is still used alot though her popularity is on a bit fo a down atm...

And of course senbatsu elections are not the whole picture, I aprriciate that, it's why I say they don't really count that much in some cases.....

5. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

@ oddball: yes, I agree that some do get more privilege than others despite their election results. Jurina is quite special as she's seen as the representative of SKE. They just can't suddenly drop her. And some girls are pushed too much that management is like shoving everything possible to their face (no offence, it's Yui)

@ Kinaa: Takamina coming at 20 would not possible but 10,11 would. Her popularity seems to be declining (dropping one place each year) but yeah, if management (ever) interfered, no one would have any doubt (it's Takamina after all). It's not possible to give her the crown but it's not impossible to keep her in the middle of top 10 [hehe]

6. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

The "reform" that was mentioned earlier in this thread and other threads will mess things up.
    What "reform"? Is management considering another (type of) team shuffle?

SDN is suppose to end soon.
    Don't really want another team shuffle as the last one really sucked!
    Maybe another shuffle is due since the last one was supposed to make changes for the girls to help them improve themselves and get some life back into the AKB groups.

AKB is currently riding on a popularity high so maybe management fears that complacency is settling in (or has it already?) and needs to make changes Again to shake things up.

Let's see what happens when the "reform" hits [worried]

7. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

I can definitely see what he means about the year of reform. Think about what is already going down this year:

-SDN disbandment (or restructuring, like I highly suspect it is)

-Two solo debuts (and the one most likely to be long term isn't even a senbatsu member)

-Shimarena is made Captain and Minarun is reinstated, showing that management is serious about showing where they stand

-Aki-P is already working on original stages and we know for sure we're getting at least one this year.

-SKE and NMB's first singles of the year are tackling mature subjects possibly propelling both to the next level

-THE SAKURA SINGLE ISN'T A BLOODY BALLAD :D

And we're only four days into the new year! With a start like this, it's difficult not to see big graduations, big role changes, plenty of new music, and more exciting projects to come.

==================================
    @Kokuhaku: Yeah regarding Tomochin, it really is just her solo activities that's slowed down significantly, her role in AKB hasn't reduced at all. She still gets priority in the dance formations, centers for Acchan in performances and included in AKB campaigns. It's almost like Kami7 has become Kami8 now to include her. I was thinking her slowed solo exposure was more due to her illness since she's still Horipro's most popular/pushed member and did have a 3rd single coming, she still gets CM's and stuff but for the "quiet" to have lasted so long certainly raises question marks.

8. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

9. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

^Forgot about the anime too... yeah, this will definitely be a much more interesting year than the last (thank god).

10. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

Be careful what you wish for. This year could well be an emotional rollercoaster.

11. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

AGREED [speechless]

12. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
  13. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

Hopes.
    - SKE break 500 thousand barrier.
    - More tv show for SKE.
    - They stop with bikini theme PV. :fp:
    - And stop putting SKE in AKB single. At least for 1 single because I really want to know how much AKB can sell without SKE and NMB. This include taking them off from the handshake event too.

Fears.
    - We already know that the sales gonna drop this year.

Prediction.
    - Mayu gonna be 18 this year. So Akimoto definitely going to start promote her like crazy. It's still too early for her to be center but the time will come, not this year though. And yes, when the time comes, it's gonna be double center with Jurina. Aki-P has been pushing this pair so much.
    - The sales gonna drop. Not too much but still enough to make everyone in this forum to talk about it for days. :hmm:

14. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy

^
    Wait what? I thought this thread was for AKB not SKE.

15. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

^You thought wrong.

16. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

I think the title of the thread is pretty clear but I don't think 'no more SKE in AKB' singles is off topic at all.

But if someone wants go more into detail about SKE I'm sure the SKE forum has his own 2012 thread though.

17. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

I didn't post any of my SKE/NMB predictions because I wasn't sure if it were 'allowed' and there's no prediction threads in their forums. If the OP doesn't mind, I think it'd be good just to have all the xxx48 predictions here instead of going through the trouble of separate threads.

Trust me, I'd rather be emotionally strained than emotionally detached from a group. 2011 made me a bigger S/mileage fan than I was before with all the auditions, sudden departures, and changes in roles. Whatever the AKB coaster has in store, I'm ready (just let the ride be interesting). :lol:

18. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

Oh I'm absolutely fine with it. I just assumed at least SKE had their own thread since I keep hearing how popular they are now. But go ahead. I'll start.

NMB will outsell SKE at the end of the year and Sayanee will rank higher than Jurina at this years election.

OR

SKE get their own election, all SKE,AKB,HKT,JKT,NMB members are elegible and Acchan wins it.

19. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

We do? o_O

*reviews his own personal notes*

I think I'd actually be fine with this.

Just 'cause it's so...ridiculous. :p

*imagines legions of fans flipping over tables in rage*

20. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika

SKE will do a concert in a dome and this time, they will feature AKB as the sister group..

Mainly, its an SKE concert that has AKB singing a couple of songs like how SKE usually does in AKB concerts.

and.. SKE will rock the dome HARDER than AKB'