TV / Radio [ANIME] [AKB0048] 12/04/29~

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by xinchun, Oct 18, 2011.

1. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

2. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

i have to say that AKB0048 really have exceeded my expectations, i never would have imagined that this anime carry out the ideal of AKB48 this well... Watching the first two episodes has definitely replenished my drying fandom, at the same time it has also opened up my girlfriends eyes... so now she is becoming more and more open and accepting of AKB48. She's slowly turning into a fan like us :]

ALL HAIL AKI-P THE GENIUS

3. Meetan's-hime

Meetan's-hime Kenkyuusei

How am I supposed to wait a whole week for a new episode?! Can't cope!

4. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Copious amount of drugs may help.

Alternatively, watch AKB48 performances. That always makes me happy, whereas I never do drugs.

5. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

You say you are watching AKB48 perfs and you say you don't do drugs... what's correct now? Does not compute =(

Also, I suggest watching concerts. The sheer power of the fan calls may keep you alive through the week, so you can watch ep3, which is imperative - you wouldn't find rest if you died, you'd just return as a ghost to watch this anime.

6. Meetan's-hime

Meetan's-hime Kenkyuusei

Could I do both?

OTL Srsly, though, I watch/listen to 48 music on a ridiculous amount everyday. Luckily finding variety subs has helped a little, but I /need/ translated new anime episodes or manga chapters to survive now. THE MUSIC IS ONLY GATEWAY DRUG, TODD. I'M HAVING WITHDRAWL FROM THE ANIME, IT'S ONLY BEEN A FEW HOURS. :fp:

And lmao, the ghost thing is true. I'd float around the theatre and business building in Japan, attempting to find closure.

7. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Another thing I find helps is naming your characters and starships on Star Trek online after 48 family members and songs.

If you see Centa, Matsui Jurina, commanding the Assault Cruiser U.S.S. Kataomoi Finally, that would be me.

8. prataz

prataz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Episode 2 is so awesome.

The reference to Paruru, Yukirin as acting Captain, Sayaka with a light sabre, Takamina's killer ribbon and Mayuyu as a real cyborg... It's FAN SERVICE TO THE MAX.

I almost tear when I heard AKB Sanjou... it's one of my favourite Team A songs and a fitting song for the start of this stage.

However, I still feel Mayuyu's vibe on Chieri.... But perhaps I'm too used to Mayu's voice after her drama that it's hard to not imagine her saying out her lines for Chieri.

It's still kinda weird to see someone else play Mayu when Mayu is just there =/

9. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

Mayu's seiyuu does the best acting in my opinion, I can definitely hear Mayu's voice

EDIT:
    I knew it had to be anna the announcer :D

10. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    At last some action.... but I still can't make myself like the background songs when they're at it, I feel weird since its a far cry from what I'm use to in Macross Frontier. :hmm:

11. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Try rememebring it isn't Macross Frontier then :p it is AKB0048!

12. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I know but the artwork is copycat! Very few distinction from the series I followed first, can't help it. :fp:

13. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice
    It is missing the love triangle for it to be a macross series :lol:

14. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Don't make me bring out the mighty hammer of memory loss :p :D I'll use it if I have to!!
    Back to topic, liking the introduction of the SKE/NMB girls. Mita Mao's character is a good laugh!! Kuumin's is adorable, loving the usagi hood she's wearing..a little nod to Kuumin there I guess! Shawako's seems to fit her quite well, could totally see her as Suzuko.

15. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Just watched Episodes 1 + 2 back to back. ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT.
    So excited right now, had to put on AKB Sanjou.

Here's my thoughts:
    I loved the song choices, they were so epic when they came on. I love Shoujotachi Jo and AKB Sanjou was such a fighting song. I loved the instrumental arrangements of AKB songs. Much better than the No Name OP and ED songs, but they might grow on me. I shouted out "MAYUYU!" when she appeared. Yuko didn't look much like Yuko. The cutest girl was the one with green hair and glasses. I didn't like the CGI, but I never do, either in anime or live action stuff. The dancing scenes looked like the CGI from a little girls dancing anime. The animation overall is very good. I don't know how this will go down with normal anime, non-AKB fans, its full of in-jokes. Nagisa no Cheiri.

16. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    Thats one of my favorite anime :fear: and not because TGS does the second ending /lies

But yeah it did kind of remind me that because theres not that much anime that employ 3D animation. Well to the best of my own knowledge and it is limited

17. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

lol I totally missed that :D
    NAGISA NO CHERRY! XD

18. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

^
    LOL Me too I didn't catch that either... XD I should have... lol ^^; orz

I don't think any of the anime versions of the popular members are really super accurate, though I admit some are more accurate than others. But I think all of them are pretty easily identifiable. And honestly, I like how Yuko looks in this. =P (And I like how she's got more screentime than Acchan... lol Though it's awkward to talk about Yuko vs Acchan these days... @.@ Damn graduation. lol)

I think it's cool how they showed SKE/NMB but I wonder how they'll introduce Kanata, who is Sonata's older sister... lol You would think they'd have been introduced together, but I guess it didn't work that way once Sonata was cast to an SKE member and Kanata to an AKB member... lol

Actually, the way this was cast is interesting. I mean, it makes me wonder if they planned out the character roles before the casting, or casted and then picked which roles they each had. I feel like it could be a mix of both... Nagisa was, from the beginning, a pretty clear candidate for the main character... I have a feeling they wouldn't give her part to a member of SKE/NMB/HKT no matter what... I wonder if they planned out Chieri's backstory before casting Mayuyu... Because her role is pretty important in a special way that Orine and Yuka's aren't... I guess because one might lump Orine and Yuka together as "Nagisa's friends" but Chieri is their friend who was separated and then reunited... So it's different. Mayuyu, being the clear leader in terms of popularity, seems to have been cast in an important role. It would have been awkward, and frankly unfair, to cast Mayuyu as the main lead, so I guess this had to do... lol

It seems like maybe it was planned specifically in the way the characters appear and how they are casted that the SKE/NMB members show up in episode 2, whereas all AKB members have some sort of role in both episodes. It's kinda cool actually, to hear Suuchan and Harukyan in different roles in addition to their characters. I guess diversity is good. lol

I'm still really happy they gave a small role to one of the girls who didn't even win, though. That was really cool.

It just occurred to me that I haven't watched either episode with subs yet.

Well that's on my to-do list... XD

I guess since I understand most of it in Japanese I don't even bother watching it twice, but I realize that I do miss some small things, so I guess I should re-watch the episodes after all. lol

19. Sorceress628

Sorceress628 Kenkyuusei

Sayaka-sama! you made it into the anime. So happy right now...

I didn't get the acting captain reference for Yukirin 6th though.

Dear AKB0048 writers, director, staff, cast, I love you all.

20. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

It's kinda funny how they totally neglect Sayaka in real life but she's one of the main in the anime
    Not complain tho cuz I want to see her kicking soldiers butt more [clap] [clap]