Event / Concert 37th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2014/06/07)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jan 8, 2014.

1. |8 | 11 | 20 | 48 |

|8 | 11 | 20 | 48 | Kenkyuusei

I think you can't find google or yahoo or altavista maybe? heuheu
    FYI, Kaotan a.k.a Matsumura Kaori is AKB48 Group Kenkyuusei "Society President" and Lifetime Honorary Kenkyuusei.

Enough said!!!

2. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    I miss that, my fault.

Either you're a great fans of her that you see the need to register just to reply this,
    or you could have just use your main account.
    It's not like I'll bite. :hmm:

3. |8 | 11 | 20 | 48 |

|8 | 11 | 20 | 48 | Kenkyuusei

its my main account, not clone one.
    btw, I am new of this fandom and I just passing by here. heuheu

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I also remember people saying "She belongs to Team B". Just like Acchan didn't move from A and Yuko never moved from K, I don't think Mayu should have been moved from B.

5. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Is this real? :omg: ...and Yuko everywhere.

Release the DVD. Take my ¥ ¥ ¥

6. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
  7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Which makes me wonder why aren't Sae and Umechan there.
    Yes, Sae refused the kennin last year, but because she wanted to prove herself in SNH. I'm sure that, if offered the K captaincy, she'd have take it with pride. Yui could very well be her co-captain and the team would still keep its original spirit, IMO.
    But no... Sae had to go to SKE and Umechan to NMB. And they wonder what will happen with Team K when Yuko leaves. :fp:

8. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Her speech was wise and beautiful!!

9. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Just asking, who prepared the short introductions which were read by the lady MC for senbatsu members? Does it mean the staff already know the results prior to the announcement day?

10. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

I don't think anyone here know who prepared these short introductions. For all we know, they might have prepared hundreds of those short introductions and have them display on demands on the screen in front of the MCs, seeing all those introductions are rather general than specific.

11. mayuyukamioshi

mayuyukamioshi Kenkyuusei

do someone know where can I watch the perfomance of the sousenkyo?

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

When the DVD comes out. The performance wasn't streamed.

13. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I'm going to quickly sum up my overall impression before the hype of the election cool down.

• Add "Upcoming girls" was a good idea. Members still cherish their position even though it's below future girls. Also, it show that despite being "out" of the previous sousenkyo, the current one show that around 9000 people cheer for someone who doesn't rank. The strength of AKB is that even being "unpopular" from the eyes of casual fan, there's member supported enough by dedicated fans to continue walking their path. I find it very beautiful.
    • "New" Generation did well enough for me to be satisfied. Of course i'm missing my dear Kitagawa Ryoha and Shibuya Nagisa (i'm planning to vote for them next year) but Nishino miki was a good surprise for me. People are a little bit hard to say they are disappointed in Okada Nana and Kojima Mako, proportionnally of their push, but it's their first ranking and looking at the total amount (20k), you know people answer positively from the push. Also, Uchiyama Natsuki and Iwatate Sahoo are proving that there's also promising members aside from the pushed one. Future looks bright in AKB.
    • On a personal note, i am of course disappointed in Tashima Meru's ranking, and i see a lot people calling her a fail push and claiming Sakura or Haruppi being "true" Ace of HKT48. First of all, i am not disappointed in her but more about me, or her fanbase, to have thought she would naturally rank high considering her current position in HKT. It's still a matter of fanbase, if they follow strongly or not their oshimen. I want to advocate that Meru always tried her best to live up people expectation with a smile, from her convincing performance in Stage performance/Concert to her presence in MC and cheerful personnality (Tentoumou chu episode). My view of a fail push would be of a member wasting the opportunity the management give to her, and Tashima Meru is not that kind of people. That being said, i admit it is time to try a change of Center to see if it does influence HKT popularity (our single are stagnating)
    • Something that i can't explain or understand, is the surge of pride from members like Katoh Rena or Takahashi Juri, or even member from my side like Moriyasu Madoka. I mean, why now? Why not before? These are Members who stand between people pushed-but-not-really, or having mixed handshake results. I really appreciate that AKB48 still surprise me in that regard and even if i can't find the effect that created that leap, i'm glad to see Rena finally achieving her dream to rank. And in awesome fashion.
    • Something personal again (it's the sousenkyo after all, a lot of emotion going on) and it really striked me since the beginning of my trip in Japan. Milky's being #18, loosing around 6600 votes. I won't hide it, i was really angry. It's undeniable that the scandal affected her, and on top of that i find very questionable management decision to send her to BII/SKE Kennin ; while it could be seen as something to strengthen team BII lack of popularity, it could also have been seen as putting away Milky and make way for Yamamoto Sayaka as the top of NMB. You know, during SSA concert, SKE crowd were pretty cold toward Milky, to the point that Kizaki Yuria was embarassed during their Ookami no pride unit. But Milky stay strong, smiling and having a "that's okay" attitude. Also, she cried during team S shonichi, feared to not be accepted by SKE fans. It was a though time for Milky, and this "so-called" scandal didn't help her feel better at all. It is at the darkest time that a member need support the most. To stay strong, and to keep faith in their oshimen, whatever happen. If Milky's fans, or even NMB fans don't do so, who will? If her fanbase stayed behind her, she wouldn't have such a drop in total amount.
    • Still, she gathered all her strength to put a smile on her face, and thanked the fans who supported her (those who stayed). I think it was heartbreaking (And after such a strong moment of courage, Kaotan saying she's super frustrated to be #17 in front of milky...i mean come on). I felt like she was trapped, guilty of a sin people "assume" she commit. And even if she did, i can't support the act of a fan that leave her for that reason. I just can't. Maybe because i am grateful of Sasshi that i think that way. Perhaps. But is your connection with milky weak enough to be broken with a scandal? That's the question i give to those who left her. Not anyone else. Even if i fail to convince people (which is not my goal), at least i have spoken my mind.
    • Ikoma Rina's position was the biggest wtf situation to me. We had a big conversation on Nogizaka thread to figure out how their fanbase would react ( and it wasn't in favor of ikoma). I also went to an Nogizaka46 in Japan to only witness the no interest that Nogizaka fans have of AKB group. Seing her pretty low in prelimn and not being called after Next girl, i thought Ikoma Rina was done for, as "People only vote for their oshimen" rule was something i learned in japan. But yet again, i got completely wrong. Nogizaka fandom, as SKE and HKT did before, wanted to show their strength and skyrockett Ikoma to 14 place. And it work, i'm goddamn impressed. (or scared??). I mean Ikoma was center but never was really popular compared to Shiraishi Mai, Nishino Nanase or Hashimoto Nanami. Imagine if Nogizaka chose one of those three? Conclusion, we will have to keep track of Nogizaka growth, as they are strong contender to "biggest fanbase" title.

• I am of course very happy of HKT48 girls result. They worked really hard this year, and it's finally paying off. Sakura being #11 is the highlight, going beyond even HKT fans expectation. I remember saying "how far she will go?" as strong member like Sae, Yui and SHibata Aya ranked, and it brought a lot of excitement. I'm proud of being an HKT fan.
    • And of course, as an HKT fan, i was rooting for Sasshi to win and end our run in incredible fashion. When Sasshi was called second i was really surprised and a little bit sad, but well Sasshi got over it really fast so, so should I. After looking back at the Sousenkyo few hours later, i felt at peace. People were asking Mayu to win so things get "more interesting" or "because she deserves it". I was perplexed because for me, winning the sousenkyo is about being the most popular above everything else. If Sasshi won last year, it's because she deserves it, having the biggest fanbase. So believe it or not, i was Happy that Watanabe Mayu win. In THAT way : because she had the strongest fanbase. Mayu won the sousenkyo fair and square, and i want to congratulate her and her fanbase for that.
    • Something that i noticed, is her reaction for being first. She reached her ultimate goal, the crowd chanting her name before the announcer spoke her total vote amount. While some members completely broke into tears like Shinoda Mariko did by being third, i was surprised Mayu kept her cool and composure during her whole speech. And i realized : Watanabe Mayu never stop believing in her. And as we have all witnessed in this thread, her fans never stop believing in her as well. I realized that faith is strength, and with that, member like Mayu can overcome any challenge, like waiting patiently for 6 years her time to come. I really come to respect that, and this is an inspiration for me. I have to admit, this is something i failed to do with my own oshimen. Failing to have faith in her. It's something really positive that Mayu finally won as it express that everything is possible and you are only limited by your own will.
    • Last but not least, I'm glad Mayu won for AKB's sake. Her speech really moved me. I really like how she talked about her sempai to speak her mind in an elegant way. Her endless aim to be achieved by "stop looking at her sempai back anymore " and to start her new goal as "wanting to be a sempai that my kohai could look up onto and rely to, as Yuko and Acchan were for me". By doing so, she clearly said her time in AKB has not yet to end and she is not "aimless" after being #1. Really, Yuko can graduate in peace with Mayu having this state of mind. I really feel like the torch between the old and the new era have been conveyed. Also, saying "I will protect AKB!" was pretty badass, and i can't help but clap my hands to princess Mayu for being first. After all, she was the one that made me look into AKB48 when i started being a fan. Thank you Mayu.
    Looking forward the clash between Mayu and Sasshi next year, with Sasshi being the underdog. I feel like we're gonna have another "3rd election climax" again, and i'm sure i will be there to witness that! Because i love AKB48.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  14. sania10786

sania10786 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    Sorry to be late to congratulate but...anyway Congrats Mayuyu!:flower:
    I hope that 37th single won't be like "So Long!" or "Labrador Retriever". It's not that I don't like them but I want energetic song for Mayu's victory. I want the fierce Mayu! Something cool like Furage, maybe? Mayu needs an iconic song like Acchan's Furage and Yuko's Hebirote, a song when we hear it we immediately think of Mayu as the center and it would be weird to see someone else performing other than the REAL center of the song.

Then congrats Sayanee and Paruru being in Kami7!:worthy:

Jurina at #4 is really frustating. I, myself can even feel her frustation. I think she at least aimed to be in Top3. She is 4th because Mariko and Yuko are gone and it would be really good if she was 3rd or above (she could prove something more). Yukirin is just as tough as Mariko....:| I doubt Jurina can surpass Yukirin before Yukirin herself graduates first. But who knows? SKE fans are strong and united anyway

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  15. support

support Kenkyuusei

This was a really good election like last year! I have a wall of words with comments for every single ranking, a can of coke and a completely free day! This is a really bad combination! warnings of teasing ahead! Oh wow the sugar high....

80. Oshima Ryoka - what a nice little surprise, literally and figuratively. Ryoka entered the group at a really unfortunate time and had questionable timing overall. She came in with an almost stupidly huge generation, initially got noticed for her skills, name and short height but got shoved into the back of an actual team of superstars too soon before any real support can form for her as a KKS. She's talented for sure but was never even in the first 10 names to turn up when management are looking for aces. Good for her to get this, but unless things drastically change for her this year it will be difficult to keep it.

79. Komada Hiroka - I have no idea who this HKT girl is but she doesn't look like she's in the HKT senbatsu (defo not the front anyway) looks very pale and demure, expressionless and has a very typical idol hairstyle. That is all I can say.

78. Miyazaki Miyo - Oh, she's back! Kind of. Miyo's heyday felt like a lifetime ago and in idol years it probably is. I remember missing her bitchy humour once upon a time and vaguely hoping she would rank higher somewhat. But she literally disappeared to me for the past two-three years and I forgot she's still in the group. What has she been doing? Some small Kpop stuff? I always have this feeling she's kind of bored and embarassed of being in AKB compared to the shininess of Kpop. Imo she either needs to find something to stay for in this group or leave really.

77. Kobayashi Ami - Wow she fell a lot and loast 5kish along the way. SKE voters are the most random and unpredictable voters ever. It's like they are hipsters or something, super strategic hipsters: this girl never ranked before! Shoot her in! She ranked last year! Refocus efforts on other avenues of interest! Still don't know much about her, quite pretty I guess and a surprisingly high pitched voice.

76. Ogasawara Mayu - I have a soft spot for smart girls and Mayu is definitely quick witted and always working to get the best reactions out of people. It's just too bad she has such bad momentum right now, was slowly being pushed back from her front role status for years and is now in the awkward limbo stage of being catapaulted into the jungles of AKB where the competition is way higher. Next year will be very important to her, if she could buckle down and crack the variety world of Tokyo she could do very well for herself like sasshi. Or at least get solid work like Oya Shizuka.

75. Saito Makiko - The biggest drop this year. This girl is a very solid performer but that's all I know of her. SKE is seriously difficult for me to get into for some reason and I just think they aren't managing the group very well at the moment. They never release much, seemed to be second priority all the time, are relying too much on the popularity of the older members and seem to be desperately promoting younger girls at the last minute as the graduation rumours list grows ever longer. I'm probably wrong on many accounts so feel free to refute me.

74. Abiru Riho - Wow she's tall...in comparison to the others anyway. Another SKE but from K2 this time.

73. Yakata Miki - I may not know much about SKE but Mikitty is cute, stands out and is hilarious from what I see. I'm glad she's back in and I do hope for higher for her in the future

72. Yoshida Akari - I just see her as NMB's giant even though she seriously isn't that tall. This huge drop in position is not going to do any good for her with all these kennins and transfers coming in and I'm kind of surprised because I thought her votes from last year were more solid than that. I guess NMB also did a bit of strategy voting this year to get Miru and Ripopo in and Sayanee up? Yoshida didn't seem to change much in terms of activity anyway

71. Tanabe Miku - She's hilarious and kind of cute. This is a really unexpectedly nice moment and very sweet reaction overall. She's definitely going to feel good about this for a long while and hopefully get some promotion work out of this. A classic case of completely out of the left field result for me. I totally labelled her as an unpopular and forgotten member for years but she might just fight back if the right opportunities come from this ranking. I heard a whisper about how good she is with fans lately but I have no clue as to what caused this

70. Maeda Ami - I can't say that she's still young anymore really. After the wreck it ralph movie and the stroke of luck that she looks like a main character in it I haven't heard anything about her. I'm surprised she ranked compared to other mid gen staples like Suuchan who looked she had more work after last year.

69. Ranran - I had some high hopes once upon a time with Ranran. She's super talented and seemed capable of carving a place for herself but stuff happened and she just got lost in the crowd. Now having being sent to SKE so recently it's not predictable how the transfer will do for her. It's better than staying in AKB and stagnating I guess, but SKE senbatsu is bloated with competition and SKE fans are an unpredictable bunch. This ranking just seems to indicate that interest in her is just stagnant with a decrease of around 300 votes

68. Umemoto Madoka - Another huge fall with a loss of 7k ish votes. I'm kind of thinking strategic voting can hurt feelings more in the long run when the strategy changes.

67. Murishige Anna - I like Anna and there appears to be a lot of fervent Russian fans of hers around. I, however, hate her repetitive gag and want to burn it with fire

66. Iwatate Saho- I just know her as the sweet looking one in team 4 who's kind of memorable, she kind of vaguely reminds me of Mahiro in Nogizaka46 and that's a nice association which helps. She's probably going to be at least second row of team 4 now i.e. where she already is i.e.e nothing really changes but at least a decent position is guaranteed for a while

65. Nagao Mariya - Oh dear...this is kind of awful for her. Sure it's a centre position but Mariya already got a centre position in a song before and she lost 7k votes in one go! I really think it's because of her no longer being a staple young one of team K anymore. What else could it be? her fans not being impressed with her exponential increase in fashion and gravure work? This can kill her push with all the other priorities out there...

Overall Upcoming girls is full of people I don't know, people falling, falling and falling and small nuggets of happiness here and there. At least I'm fond of the centre and most of the front row. I really should get to know more non senbatsu sister group members....

64. Matsuoka Natsumi - She's the pretty and relatively taller front girl in HKT who appears to be gaining popularity from what I have heard, she will probably rise higher unless they do a NMB and drop like a stone. Well her year is set so that's nice for her

63. Uchiyama Natsuki - Somewhat dorky looking girl who appears to have some very fervent fans. Maybe, just maybe this will better her position in team 4 from pretty much back row

62. Nishino Miki - It's a good thing she ranked or who knows what would happen with her positions, promotions and whatnot. I like Miki, she always has energy and I love the contrast of the three musketeers. They could have been the new no sleeves if they havent forced them into bubblgum outfits, grabbed a lot of sister group KKS, pored a shedload of sugar over them and pulled Kojimako within the senbatsu wall. Ah well, things happen.

61. Kotani Riho - I like Ripopo a lot. She's super strange and quirky and pulls a deadpan face like no other. Management obviously likes her a lot too but she never seemed to show a return for their investment which is dangerous. Well she finally showed some results which will mean more ripopo in the future for a very long time, not that I'm complaining

60. Sakaguchi Riko - Who? Well she's not in the HKT senbatsu and looks pale with a typical hairstyle and----oh my goodness this feels like deja vu! Seriously need to know more about HKT...

59. Shuu - I think the shuffle did badly for her. Here was Shuu with her adorable smile doing her own thing to slowly get B2 popular....then BAM! mayhem and kennins and transfers and popular people everywhere! Poor Shuu...she can't sing for the life of her but damn she's adorable

58. Jonishi Kei - This girl got some kind of aura that would kind of fit into Nogizaka is what I feel. Like Yoshida I thought her votes were more solid than that but she lost 3k votes, huh...she's no longer 4th in NMB but she will still be in second row for sure. Well next year we will know better as to what her true popularity is anyway

57. Ishida Haruka - man she's 20 now. So weird. She lost about 1k votes and I still don't really get her popularity even now because I don't remember her doing anything really except AKB shows?

56. Oba Mina - she only lost around 500 votes but I guess things are tighter now. She has no neck but a lot of boobs is what I hear the most of really. She did have a hilarious sketch that I saw a while back so that's cool

55. Furuhata Nao - She's adorable and a decent enough showing for her first time ranking. So bouncy and dorky with a really nice voice

54. Yamada Mizuho - isn't she a rumoured graduate? Well she's tiny, cute and pushed so this bodes well for her

53. Ichikawa Miori - I think an intervention should be made for her. An intervention telling her that no-one likes lemons all that much and would much prefer apples.

52. Kuramochi Asuka - I'm kind of surprised she is still here and she lost 3k votes which doesn't seem like they would be back any time soon. I think she can get nothing more from AKB really unless she wants to train up the team, which feels weird with no new stages coming any time soon. She really doesn't need the indignity of falling into upcoming girls anytime soon and I think it would be much better if she prepares things for when she leaves

51. Okada Nana - She's awesome. This rank is awesome. Everything is awesome.

50. Kimoto Kanon - This is so weird. She's meant to be an integral part of the future of SKE so I really thought that no matter the tactics of SKE voters she would be within the plans. Was last year a fluke and Kanon a case of too much too soon?

49. Iwasa Misaki - She's centre again! But of future girls now! This must be a record! That's a lot of vote increases for a girl who releases one single a year or something. Iwasa is talented and in the background but I hope she keeps doing her thing

48. Motomura Aoi - Popular HKT member, isn't she famous in HKT for gravure? Well anyway HKT is on a roll like NMB was last year and SKE the year before that so business as usual

47. Sasaki Yukari - This is really high for the debut of a girl who isn't that pushed but was quite popular as a KKS. Good going, that is a lot of votes there

46. Iwanaga Tsugumi - She looks like a really new member of SKE, maybe they will promote her next? although she is 20 already...

45. Tano Yuka - It's a shame because I'm a big fan of Tano, she's such a ball of energy and everything she does is quality stuff. She only lost around 500 votes I suppose so I hope this is just a fluke. Well I don't think they will stop promoting her in K just yet since she's going to hit the big 18 next year which is when things tend to speed up promotions wise.

44. Isohara Kyoko - Oh a newcomer from SKE last year that had actually ranked up? How rare! I remember she was kind of funny, I don't know why.

43. Shiroma Miru - The blazing hot NMB member shooting up in popularity in that group, she got to be in the centre of a song and now things can only get better this year

42. Oota Aika - A decent increase in votes and a rank up, things are apparently going well for Aika but then it's a good year for HKT overall. Her stints in senbatsu seem to help. I'm still perplexed why they pick her to promote over the others

41. Yagura Fuuko - Very pretty girl with a very annoying voice. Her acting is hilarious and her singing makes me cry blood. She makes me smile and I'm glad she's doing well

40. Kinoshita Yukiko - After years of false hopes this is a really nice surprise. i guess not turning up in prelims is the way to go. Stylish and talented, Yukko looks awesome in PVs and elevate them to be better

39. Anai Chihiro - I find this girl so pretty and likable so I'm really happy with her rank.

38. Tashima Meru - It's been years since I saw her in that H!P audition (man she looked dodgy then) and doing a double take when I saw her as the new HKT centre. Meru is talented and hyper, but she was put in a position which I feel doesn't help her popularity in the long run and I think that's part of the reason Mio went ahead of her now. It's like everyone is just waiting for her to be replaced as centre right now and that's a horrible place to be. Still she increased in votes a lot and improved in ranking overall, so it's a bit soon for gloom and doom

37. Furukawa Airi - She drew another picture again. My friend thought she was taking out a bra when she reached in to take that picture out. She does like her drawings and anime stuff I guess and I like that she's cheerful every year. Still don't quite get how obsessed she is with her drawings. It's her mascot with balloons this year? It would just be cooler if she got a flag out or something bigger than the year before

36. Kojima Mako - Is she the lowest member in a senbatsu outfit? Well this is a nice enough debut I guess. I'm just glad she isn't too far away from the other two musketeers. I really don't like how they just chose her out of the three to promote to senbatsu when they were pretty much comparable in most aspects like handshakes and talent etc. She is so much more interesting with the other two and so bland by herself, the group dynamic makes them all look better together.

35. Umeda Ayaka - What happened here? Seriously what? Did she piss off people? Did all the old school team K fans just gave up and left? That would explain Sae's votes as well. A loss of 15k votes is staggering, it's like people gave up as soon as she wasn't in AKB anymore. This is weird...she was a wall of votes for a few years now

34. Futumura Haruka - I have no clue who this girl is but she's pretty and has a great smile in her profile. She's also young for an SKE member and this could be her chance with such a good position as a debut rank

33. Fujie Reina - I am super happy with this. Reina was the one who I was worried about the most with her not being there in prelims and the chaos of transfer. With such a solid and steady rank, not to mention a centre position, it's not unexpected if she's going to be a permanent NMB senbatsu member from now on. If you are counting all the NMB members she's no.6, all NMB members without kennins she's number 4 and full time NMB members only she's no. 1. No matter how you look at it she's very likely going to have a very good year, it's the best leaving present she can get to set her on her way to NMB. Sure she's lost around 400 votes and one position, but I think overall it's a good trade off for centre if the song's anything like last year i.e. awesome

Overall: No matter who is in this, Reinyan makes it all better as centre.

No matter how many years past, undergirls is a horrible name.

32. Kato Rena - i've long since stopped predicting her to rank, it's like fans are resistant to her or something. Of course she would rank this year with her position in the prelims, but it's still a nice surprise for her to rank in undergirls. Rena can finally hold her head high after years of people being confused and sometimes angered with her push. When a push doesn't work? Keep pushing!

31. Takayanagi Akane - A loss of 8k. Akane used to be the beacon of team k2 and grabbing attention whatever she does. It's not that she's any less awesome now, but K2 has changed and there's so, so, so many underdogs and competition out there now combined with tactical voting. I like Akane a lot and miss the days that she was no. 3 of SKE, but that was years ago. I'm glad she grabbed an awesome company and hope they build on her many strengths, but Avex might be too big to care about her enough.

30. Oya Masana - she lost a few votes, but Oya is as steady as a rock on a ground. With roots growing out of it. And a fat baby sitting on it. Or something. Well anyways she's popular, apparently for being obsessed with kids and funny. I don't really see her in much so I don't really know.

29. Yamada Nana - I like her, her fails are hilarious. It's nice that she's quite steady in her position within NMB and the rankings. If she keeps up the good work there's no reason she won't stay in undergirls. I don't really imagine her hitting senbatsu for some reason though

28. Takahashi Juri - I'm really happy with this. This is so weird...like pushes from 2 years ago are suddenly working now. It's just really nice to see younger members of AKB ranking significantly

27. Tomonoga Mio - Highest ascent so far, can she keep this up for next year? Mio looks prettier than ever even though I still feel she's still relying on her cuteness too much. Her singing and dancing leaves me cringing but she's still very likable

26. Takajo Aki - It's awful that looking upset once meant that everyone looks to see how she would react every year. Takajo seems to have given up on ranking in senbatsu ever again and is in some kind of zen state. I guess she's focussing a lot on acting and external stuff now

25. Moriyasu Madoka - the old looking HKT member who isn't old. This was really surprising to me, I thought Natsumi was more popular, but then again HKT voters are kind of on a crazy no expenses spared roll right now and seeing her so high in prelims might have lit a fire under them. Or maybe she's that popular? Hmm, all I know is she doesn't look very excitable on shows

24. Muto Tomu - Super chuffed, I love it when underdogs rank and her thanking Yuko probably made hundreds of fans head explode. She shouldn't have left K, it's members like her that give K a heart, which they desperately needed as much as they needed youth at the time

23. Kizaki Yuria - She lost a few votes and went down a place, but then Yuria is in a weird limbo position. She went straight from the front row of SKE to the centre of team 4, that's a move to take time to adjust to. I just know she's young, can act and looks sleepy all the time.

22. Minegishi Minami - No one returns to senbatsu, no one. I'm not upset about this at all because Miichan had a good run for 8 years now and there are way too many people with more momentum than her at the moment

21. Kodama Haruka - It would be nice if she got senbatsu but this was the most I had realistically hoped for her. Haruppi is a sweety who never lets anything get her down for long

20. Iriyama Anna - that's a huge rise and it's nice she answered the phone. People keep saying she's gorgeous and whatnot but I definitely feel something's missing with all those puffy and girly outfits on her. She needs a gorgeous dress like the ikiru koto PV and grown up heels to really bring her mature beauty out

19. Kitahara Rie - She's so graceful about it all and I did think she had a chance to come back to senbatsu. But it was not to be and it's just how it goes this year I guess. However her agency is too powerful for the management to not give her the summer PV at least so no worries really.

18. Watanabe Miyuki - It's really sad to see her hold it all in. There's just something about her not being angry at all but looking so sad that does you in. Milky will be back, the first to reach top 16 again after leaving will probably be her

17. Matsumura Kaori - I really don't get why she wants to be an idol when she seems better suited as part of management or something. I understand her popularity but I thought she's a bit too much of a loose cannon for her popularity to be that huge. All the power to her really. I just hope this isn't going to be another pseudo-real slice of life PV again, both election songs Kaori was involved in just weren't my cup of tea at all.

Overall: Full of awesome girls but possibly a boring PV

It is awesome how a bigger chunk of this group are wearing colorful outfits

16. Kawaei Rina - she's cool and whip smart, her coming into give the speech was downright awesome. Reminded me of when Yuko came in even though she was sick during an election. She's going to have a very good year and there will be little to no complaints about it for this girl

15. Shibata Aya - Wow her eyes are scarily huge...and then they get WIDER. Well anyways last year was probably not a fluke due to the whimsy of SKE voters...unless they were aiming for more SKE in the senbatsu rankings this year? hmmmmm.....well they probably won't keep shoving her to the back of SKE now so yay for her

14. Ikoma Rina - HAHAHAHA I knew it! I thought that if Ikoma's small fanbase put 100% into it and the overall nogizaka fanbase put like 20% effort into it then senbatsu is a steal. I knew there was an unknown spot in senbatsu when it was coming up and the names were whittling down, so I guessed she probably had it because there was literally no other name it could possibly be. Her confused look was absolutely priceless and just right methinks. Wow i like Ikoma a lot more since she stopped being centre. She's kind of proven something now so it would be nice if she went back to the group again

13. Yokoyama Yui - I feel like she can't stop hyperventilating now or people will actually be disappointed. Jokes aside Yui is sweet and it's nice she kept her position, even if her votes went down a lot. From looking at the votes this year she might not be so safe next year

12. Miyazawa Sae - She's a solid senbatsu member even if she did lose over 20k. The thing is, this isn't something that would worry Sae really. She always seemed too cool for this competition anyway. She will just go on doing her own thing and impressing people in surprising ways. Rankings never stopped her doing what she wants.

11. Miyawaki Sakura - She's a pretty awesome girl on all accounts and I think things will get even better from now on. Cute looks, popularity, underdog status, variety intelligence and being articulate goes a long way. HKT really is on a roll.

10. Suda Akari - I'm surprised at how high she is, but Akarin always injects a shot of energy into singles so I don't have any problems about it really

9. Takamina - I didn't expect Haruna to be higher but other than that this is where I expect her to be. There's no one she really has a chance of beating above her really

8. Haruna - What a troll. That is all.

7. Shimazaki Haruka - Her speech is much better this year because she ran away before she can screw it up. People asking questions always makes her look worse than she does because she's just no good at answering them. It's good she kept it short with a 'thanks' and make her fans deliriously happy with a 'you're great, that's it really' phrase

6. Yamamoto Sayaka - I'm so happy she's in this position. You have no idea how wrong it feels otherwise. There may be a little backlash about Sayanee being overrated right now, but at the base of it she does have skills and it is impressive. She's just really impressive in every single way and a very good role model for the 48 groups

5. Rena - I knew she would be here really, Jurina is on a roll afterall and Rena is much quieter this year in comparison. I really do think she can't go any higher if things continue as they do and this might just be a sign she's done all she could in SKE.

4. Jurina - Crazy increase in votes still not enough for Yukirin. However Jurina will just carry on snapping at the heels of the girls above her for forever and a day. It'll never change really

3. Yukirin - Well that was dramatic. Her fans really don't show any weakness do they? There's nothing much to say really, she'll carry on being popular with her fans carrying on saying she doesn't get the respect she deserves for her popularity. Such are the troubles of dedicated fans of popular girls I suppose.

2. Sasshi - This was a nice surprise, I was thinking it would be boring if Sasshi won again. I thought we were going to leave the days of the Aachan and Yuko wall behind when they left, but Sasshi looked like a bigger wall than ever. It's nice to know she's not unbeatable and there's a chance for everyone. Unless Mayuyu becomes a wall

1. Mayuyu - My friend started laughing like a maniac when she won. She went a bit crazy really. At least I got a free lunch out of it. happy for her and she was my choice out of the top 4. I hope this means things will continue being interesting.

Overall a very very exciting night. Now I wish there were translations out there...

16. yuminoya

yuminoya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    it's kinda late but I really need to post about my sousenkyo's feeling :awesome:

first of all big congrats for mayuyu for finally being #1, she totally deserves it and hats off for mayuyu oshis.
    honestly idk why but even though she won this year, I don't feel very much excited because she centered a lot, it feels like she always been the center of AKB, idk

kinda feel bad about sasshi though through her speech. she did a great job pulling up HKT girls.
    tbh a lot postiviness coming from this election, a lot of girls haven't rank before and now they ranked in!!!
    I'm sad when they called Haruppi as #21, as expected sakura still is the ace of HKT after all, hope she'll rank in senbatsu next year :cute:
    sakura's fanbase is truly awesome, she ranked up every single year, who knows where she'll rank next year?
    about meru..... even though she was pushed very hard, but still not enough.

sad for milky, not really a fan of her but dropping rank from senbatsu is really sad.
    ikoma rina ranked in senbatsu... nope nope nope sorry
    about kaotan... not yet senbatsu but she'll center for UG, that's a big achievement.

I was scared shit when sae had those long pauses, it felt like she wanted to drop the grad bomb but she can't. maybe it's because her being assigned as captain?
    and troll kojiharu, I was in the bathroom when she trolled and haven't watch her clip.
    paruru's little speech, even though sometimes I don't like her salty image but it's now slightly changed, she's cute.

now for my oshi yukirin, this is like the first time she looked really serious in a sousenkyo, when she had that praying pose (I prayed as well lol)
    I was super happy when they called jurina #4 -no hate for her, but girl can't beat yukirin easily-
    more than 100k votes, WOW. many people predicted her fall this year but NOPE! can't really underestimate yukirin oshis huh? after all she's that girl in 2011 from #8 - #3.
    I just hope she'll get more spotlight this year. idk maybe center is not her thing? she said herself it's okay even when she's not the center..
    she barely center anything except in team B (but now mayuyu is back, not that I hate it but now mayuyu will get the most spotlight in team B, different from before when yukirin is team B ace without mayuyu), but I still think that she's the face of B, she's an original team B from the start after all.

17. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I said this before, everyone keeps saying that 'xxx'48 group's team got ruined because of the recent shuffle, but really, NMB had it the worst. And this election proved it. I really hope management bring NMB up again and focus on them more because they're getting the short end of everything right now.
    I just want to say, NMB fans are dedicated no matter how much is may not seem that way. One NMB representative in senbatsu and two in Under Girls is not good enough. This election has been more of a slap in the face to us all to tell us to wake up and face reality. Our girls aren't happy and we have to work just as hard as them to get them to be happy. We'll prove to everyone that we are just as united as the other fandoms. :twisted:

18. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    @yuminoya that's why some people call her the original darkhorse because she can be unsuspecting

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I was gonna say Kobayashi Kana but I just realized she was in B between 2009 and 2012.

Oh, well. The situation sucks, and Sae and Umechan will probably graduate before returning to K.
    But I hope they, at least, get one last performance there before leaving for good. :/

ANYWAY!
    As far as ranks go, I hope they make Renacchi and Juri the next in line for the ordinary senbatsu, just like Ricchan and Annin came in last year. :blush: Yay for surprise ranks!

20. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

Sure, I can see you all very united, at oshi-ing / power voting Sayanee that is.
    Just look at the comments in Takane no Ringo PV on Youtube (be it in Japanese, English or Chinese), this is when her push starts picking up significantly.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    It's scary enough for 1 person to be so dominant in a 5-person group. For large groups such as NMB, this is just horrifying.
    With her now aiming for #1 and that the insane push of the past months proved to be working, I can't see this stopping anytime soon.