Single AKB48 37th (Kokoro no Placard) 14/08/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    There is one "saving grace"- what I liked most about KFC is the LIVE TV Peformances - I swear I have 8-10 copies of this song sung throughout the Summer of 2013- Someone even edited together a Multi-Costume & Multi-Senbatsu highlight cast - I loved KFC cause it showcased different Idols making cute faces and No performance was the same! Much like seeing say "Les Miserables" (Or "Rent" or "Wicked"?) 10 times with different casts - You enjoyed the unique collection of casts- The Songs were simply the medium.

I FIRMLY believe we (as fans) will enjoy seeing this song performed LIVE in the coming weeks/months on TV or at festivals. I saw Rina Kawaei center KFC last summer (in like August) I was half drunk and watched a YouTube vid on my phone (cause someone Tweeted the link) and it was a totally different vibe & take on the song- YET, the exact same song...that's when I knew KFC was the smart choice. EVERYONE could "see what they wanted to see" and Every Idol could make it Their OWN!

Perhaps this is the "one size fits all" approach we've seen & grew to enjoy on KFC - before we've seen other performances of it??

THIS was a Team A version of KFC and I loved it
    [​IMG][​IMG]

It's only 1 performance- Maybe we haven't seen this song in the "best light" yet? like when it's Officially released? Maybe it's a BETA Version?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    ^I mean that's the concept of AKB right?

You have 16 idols on stage and during one performance, you can keep looking at the one you like the most.
    Your eyes automatically follow the girl you enjoy the most, so to speak.
    At least that's what I do lol

Also, I find ForrestFuller's proposition to hug your oshi in your imagination awesome.
    We should all give it a try.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  3. cbhh

cbhh Kenkyuusei

@Starshard, @eroisa, @Slacker13 thank you for all your comments.

You are right about my English, @Slacker13. I'm not familiar with English. But i believe everyone can understand what i write.

Um... Maybe the word "attack" i used is too serious and actually i didn't want to use it for all people doesn't like the song. I just want to give it to the people who are trying to tell something "correct song" or "incorrect song" . It's very simple that a person like the song or not, how he(her) like or dislike it and finally it's still one opinion, not bigger or smaller than the others.

Yes, i completely agree that everyone should show their true opinions about the song. But i think if they don't like the song, they can choose a way to show their expressions. It is not about "correct way" or "incorrect way". It is just to care a bit about the feeling of other people who love the song.

Can someone change from this "this is the bad song" to "i don't like it so much" (with me, i can completely understand how their feeling are about the song).

Finally, all are just my opinion.

4. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Looking the dates of the handshake events, both are in January and February! I wonder when will the dates of the autumn and Sakura single gonna be?

Hopefully there's events in mid to end May in Tokyo, my friend are planning to fly there

5. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    ^
    May is a great time to visit Tokyo. Both times i have been there have been in May. Mild/Warmish weather and hardly any rain.

6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Taking a guess and saying the fall single comes out October 29th and the Sakura Single comes out February 25, 2015.

7. sania10786

sania10786 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    People begin to blame everything if something doesn't meet their expectation. Including me. And it's normal, you will complain if you are not happy with things.

- Lately since Acchan graduated (nah biased), all the single that AKB released (leave UZA okay?) are more into plainly-bubbly-cutesy-cheery-song. Not only that, the costume, the chords, the melody, all of them are not that complicated as it used to be. Their "old" songs uses more minor and # chords, and these days their song can be played only using 3 mayor chords the least. The melody,too is kind of....plain. The only thing that appeals is just the repetitive lyrics *sigh. I don't ask AKB to make songs like their "old" era. Their songs right now can be made better, with giving more efforts in arrangement, costume, and performance.

- I hope the real costume-the mascott costume for KNP won't be that bright blue-pink one like someone posted it. We need something more charismatic to match the song. Even though 'till now I can't take a liking to the song, at least the costume should be done the best. We have that beautiful golden-chinese style Furage, marching band theme(?) HebiRote, cute sailor theme Kachuusha, and a lot more. Don't just waste girls' great appearance to plainly dress like that.

- They never actually dance since....UZA, right? It's not like they can't dance. The choreo I meant. Even in Maeshika Mukanee, they're just jumping around, lifting hands...OH MY Who is the man behind all this mess?! :fp:

- I don't agree with people who said this song is not gonna be different if Kojiharu or anyone else centers it. Center does matter. If not, why is everyone so damn sensitive over that? Mayuyu is doing all she is good at. And I think she is just great at smiling. Yeah. Smiling. I think she should learn more to make other facial expressions. There are many types of smile, and she does the same everytime. If she doesn't learn soon, we will get another bubbly-cutesy-cheery song for next songs as long as she centers it.

8. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Yeah you're totally biased about Acchan you miss a lot of things.

Maeshika Mukanee has the kind of music that doesn't really need choreography to hype up the audience. It's not even the "plainly-bubbly-cutesy-cheery-song" type you said.

9. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

This isn't true now - your info is outdated by a year or two :p Look at, well, pretty much all the "cool" songs so far, be it Ikiru Koto, UZA, Kodoku na Hoshizora, team B stages, among others, Mayuyu has a lot more than just smile now.

Moreover, your argument would only be true if the songs and choreos are created based on the Center, which isn't true. It has been established long time ago - all the way since Heavy Rotation actually (check the old documentations, or if you are lazy, one of the choreographers' blog a few pages back) that the songs and choreographies are created before they even know who the center would be - in KnP case, AkiP ordered him "an old disco dance song" even before the election. At that time, only very few people thought Mayuyu had a chance to center.
    That's what people were saying. Regardless who the center was, the song and the choreo would be the same - not just for this single. The changeable part was the lyrics, and that's about it.

10. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @Slacker13 I've never said that Mayuyu can't dance, only that she's bad in dancing. :D But she dance better than she sings, I don't like her weak childish voice. And how can a girl be #1 without these basic knowledge? Simple because everyone don't agree with my opinion and that she is cute. And has a fine ass according to a lot of posts in her thread.

11. sania10786

sania10786 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    @Starshard I know that already. I mean, the aura or feelings. It's not the same when we have someone more or less energetic to center it. Like if someone's character has something to do to make it more or less appealing. If you think that way, then there is no point in having Mayuyu as center because regardless who is the center the song is gonna be boring anyway. I have watched all the PVs you mentioned and I don't think she improved that well, her expressions in all those PVs seems forced...it just doesn't seem right. And I don't even oppose Mayu as center...

@Yuki88 That's the problem. Maeshika Mukanee indeed doesn't need any dances at all. It's like a band song. It is just the same when you force "Give Me Five!" to turn into dance song. Rathen than forcing it, they could be doing band theme again.

12. Eustion

Eustion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    What knowledge ? You can't judge people that way, I'm sure every person have their own weaknesses, and you can't force people to agree with you. The last words are giving you a minus.

13. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

To all of you guys saying that Mayuyu can't dance AT ALL, she does alright for herself, even dancing as a soloist. Sure, she's not the best dancer ever, but if a girl like Matsui Rena can center the dance-centric SKE songs, Mayu is fine in AKB. I think blaming the lame choreography on her is absurd, even if the center had been Jurina it would've probably stayed the same.

I'm not even a Mayu oshi, but I swear I thought if she of all people won the ssk people would lay off the haterade a bit, because well, she's been in AKB since forever and is a stereotypical idol. Whatever blame you want to put on someone for this song and choreo, it's none of the girl's fault. Mayu has done fine dancing in all of the singles so far, except UZA, but you can't compare that choreography with the average AKB single in which she is perfectly fine. She's used to center everything from Team B to Team A to Watarirouka Hashiritai, so it's not like she comes out of the blue like Sasshi did (no hate meant for Sasshi, I love her, but come on, if a girl who had never been center like her could pull off KFC beautifully, what's the reason behind an eternal center and ace of her team/subgroup not to be able to do so?)

There are some A-sides that will not resonate with each of us for whatever particular reason, and that is perfectly normal, I for one could never really get into Kimi no Hohoemi wo Yume ni miru, even though Jurina is one of my favorite girls, the song is just boring to me, I can't help it. But I think that's just a matter of taste, as there's no objective way to judge that, maybe most of the western fans will hate it but japanese fans will love it, we don't know yet. The simple dance could also be a throwback to former idols like Onyanko Club, when you watch their performances, most songs had really simple dances, it wasn't that common to have super flashy dances back then. They also probably want lots of hand motions so that people can follow them during performances. I admit that I would prefer a more energetic or at least elaborated dance (for example, look at Perfume and the dances to their ballads, they are really intrincate regardless of the tempo of the song) but I'm going to wait for the PV and following performances before I form a final opinion on this one.

So far I like it, I think it's a sweet and melodic song. It's probably not going to be my favorite, but who knows? I'm in love with Labrador Retriever and I'm a sucker for classic idol music, so it's got a lot of good things going on for me.

ETA: What I'm trying to say is that it's ok to dislike the song, obviously, but don't blame it on Mayu because she has nothing to do with any part of the creative process. And if you guys don't like the center, just look for your favorite girl until next single comes, I highly doubt Mayu is going to be an absolute center, and I'd rather we didn't have that anymore, because it's more fun if it's changed up a little bil.

14. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Mayuyu is a fine dancer, as good as most of the rest. Totally bizarre that it be suggested otherwise. (god, Im defending Mayuyu lol)

The song is fine I have little problem with it as a standard AKB idol song. The outfit not that bad either...think young girls in little white short dresses. The choreography...lacks much of interest and needs lots of work. They were obviously trying for something...no doubt they will rethink it a bit.

Also different tempos for this song work as well.

15. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    While Mayuyu is poster girl of that "light choreography" in AKB singles trend since UZA it's not only her problem. There are very few truly energetic dancers left in top. Jurina and to some extent Takamina/Sayaka are those who can pull out more complex moves if needed.
    Then again from Aki-P point of view there is no point to change this new beaming smile dolli-sh image if it works.

Now the new problem is if it becomes so static that girls event don't bother properly lip-sync (Haruna :twisted:)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  16. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    until the days Mayu can dance like Rena (not even Jurina, Sayaka, Takamina) i wouldn't say she can dance okay. She's not a decent dancer but i guess she doesn't have to when all the songs she sings these days are moving around 1 inch and making gestures

17. MurasakiSora

MurasakiSora Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I agree that dancing isn't Mayu's forte but to call her not a decent dancer is to say the same thing to most of the AKB members too since being good at dancing was never a requirement to being an idol and I wouldn't say a lot of them are that much better. It's all subjective since the last dance-intensive single we had was UZA and Mayu backed out from centering it due to the dance. However the only others to have to dance the center segments were Jurina and Yuko who are by far some of the best dancers in the 48 group and if anyone else could have danced it is in the end speculation since we never witnessed it. We don't know if Rena is a better dancer than Mayu or vice versa since there was never a good way to compare the two. Yes she can dance SKE's singles and they are a lot more dance-oriented than AKB's singles but we wouldn't know if Mayu can dance those songs or not. For all we know, she might do better than Rena. It also doesn't help that songs centered by Mayu have been of the slower kind which means they wouldn't have much dance anyway. And being in an idol group, they'll have to dance a lot of songs where they move around one inch and making gestures but that doesn't mean anyone's a bad dancer, it's just apart of the choreo.

18. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Looks like we know who to blame now. We can't fully blame the girls for it.

19. MiyukiLove21

MiyukiLove21 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    Milky4urHeart
    I didn't like the song when hearing it the first time but, after hearing the sped up version this song has been stuck in my head. Overall I would say it's not gonna be one of my favorites but I think after a couple of times listening to it I'll come to like it :)

Opinion - view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I REMEMBER WHAT THE SAXO REMINDED ME OF (in the speeded up version)!

if the video does not show watch the video here

:XD: