Takahashi Minami's successor (2ch topic)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by honeysenpai, Apr 16, 2012.

1. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Actually, I would bet my money on seeing multiple GMs (like a GM board) after Takamina graduates – you already see this with all the respective captains, because within each group you know that there's somewhat a hierarchy (until Nishishi was asked to step down, SKE was Nishishi (now Sae), NMB is obviously Sayanee, AKB is Yuihan and HKT is Sasshi) between captains with Takamina standing as leader of AKG.

Also, I'm hoping that Takamina goes into business management, not idol-dom, so I hope she'll be like Julie Fujishima and start co-producing. It would be nice to see more women go into music management, because at this point the ONLY ones I can really think of are all Johnny's (save for Shinobu).

Yeah the current competitors for center are all rather young, save for Rena, who still has a good 4-5 years of AKB left (she's 22 now, hopefully she's going to be like Kojiharu and stay forever) so we're not going to see any movement soon. Add onto that the fact that Mayuyu and Sasshi are dedicated wota, meaning they're like Sayumi from Momusu – they're going to stay in the group until they're pushing 30 or so, so you won't see any movement out, just more competitors stepping up.

2. mincl17

mincl17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  3. DaimonMichiko

DaimonMichiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    To me, Sayanee has always been more of Takamina aura then Yuko though.
    So yeah it kinda makes sense.

4. mincl17

mincl17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    It will be hard since Sayanee wants to be center too while having the desire to become Takamina. Wanting two different things will be hard. She needs to focus on just one because the pressure and work on both things might be unbearable for her.

5. YukoOshima

YukoOshima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Sayaka will be Takamina and Jurina will be yuko and paru will be acchan

6. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Weighing in on the conversation even though i don't think i've been here long,

Sure you're never going to get another Absolute Ace/GM because nobody can replace them (mostly due to nostalgia factor if you ask me), but i haven't seen anyone mention the possibilty of splitting the role in two, having two people with the role of GM, there by reducing the load slightly. It also invites conversation and debate on which one is better much similar to the Acchan Yuko situation, increasing interest in the group.

Also, i'd say Yuihan for a role like GM, but that's more because she comes from AKB, as opposed to Sayanee. I had thought Jurina and Sayanee were in competition for Yuko's position, which was why they became Kennin of Team K, but as someone aboe has mentioned, Sayanee seemed to be going more for Takamina's position and inherited more of her aura...

7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Another alternative would be to bring back the concept of Group Captain and give them more powers. Nishishi was SKE group captain from their Gaishi Hall reshuffle until the February 48-group shuffle but no mention was made of that post continuing. I had always thought that Sayaka was NMB group captain but I don't recall any explicit mention of that lately either. Give each group a captain, say Yui, Sayaka, Sae and Kyappu/Lovetan and make it more than a ceremonial position so as to take some of the weight off the Soukantokou.

Also you could make it so that the position of Soukantoukou is given to a different Group Captain every 6 months rather like the EU council presidency is rotated.

8. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Sae as SKE captain? i'd assumed ske fans raged enough already when she became team S captain (i don't know, my guess).

But no, that sounds like a good idea overall, would love to see it implemented.

9. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Yui is the best bet I think. Like Takamina she wont climb to the top, but will always generate strong steady support (thus respect). She is tough (impressed with her championship wrestling gig) and seemingly calm and has her wits about her. Like Takamina she has that emotional side, when promoted.

10. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Well she is basically the group captain right now so is Sayanee and Sasshi. But then by officially announcing it is another thing

11. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    just because she's Team S captain doesn't mean she's captain of SKE, much like how When Shinoda became Team A captain, Takamina was still representive of AKB (totally ignoring the fact she became Soukantoku and that's why she stepped down), and if Sayanee stepped down as Team N captain, she'd still be representative of NMB. Sasshi isn't even captain! WMatsui is still the representative of SKE if you ask me, like AtsuMina, with Rena being the more representative..

12. Nuneul

Nuneul Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Shimada Haruka, or Yokoyama Yui. Maybe Iwata Karen ?
    Miichan can be a great choice, but I think she will graduate in the same time as Takamina & Harunyan so...

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

To be honest I don't get what Takamina does as general manager lol

From what I've seen, she just does the pep talk before the concerts and such and it's only natural that she does it, since she's been doing it since 2005... but I don't think she has that much influence in the rest. :confused:

14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    The duties of a General Manager would likely include many things done behind the scenes, and wouldn't necessarily be apparent to the public. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I know, I know. That's why I'm wondering what she does exactly.

I feel it's more like a honorable mention than anything.
    Something like "Yes, you're the captain, but you are more captainy than the rest because you're a 1st gen, so... general manager!"
    I don't see her actually having any say about what happens in the group. :confused:

16. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    that's cause the GM position is a background position, just as Cristafari mentioned, as well as being Aki-P's representative (which in actual fact is the 48G representative) wherever she goes, so it kind of relieves the amount of stuff Aki-P has to do. Whenever there's a scandal she's at the frontlines as a spokeperson.

17. Amina26

Amina26 Kenkyuusei

I would go for Sayanee. I see Haruu being the successor to Yui.

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Well, scandals are being swept under the carpet lately, so... lol

What I'm saying is that the title didn't actually give her any more responsibility. She was already doing all that before they put a name to it, just as some girls were acting as captains before they designated actual captains. It's just something natural for her.

Also, didn't she say she didn't want anyone to take the position? I remember reading somewhere something along the lines of "giving it back to AKB" or something. I really don't see anyone with the neccesary authority to act like a whole representat of the group.

Sayanee has the attitude, but would it be correct that she speaks on behalf of her senpais? :confused:

19. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    she said she'd like the role to die/graduate with her, cause she deemed the role too bothersome and such to the rest of the group. So unless they volunteer to be GM and everyone approves, the role sticks with her till the end.

Sayanee is rather....introverted? soft spoken? when she's in akb. In nmb she's the captain of the whole team, but for some reason when she's around akb, she shuts up and i quote, becomes 'meek like a cat'

20. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    @Raizy @Trinu If Takamina wants the role only to herself, then so be it~ But if other members are willing, then it's better to let it go~