Album AKB48 6th Album [Koko ga Rhodes da, koko de tobe!] 2015/01/21

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by penguindash, Nov 3, 2014.

1. KatieKat1690

KatieKat1690 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Really!? are you positive its the takamina/camera poster? If so I think I might have to order from there....

2. landax

landax Kenkyuusei

3. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    I don't know Japanese but I'm looking at the photo tweeted and the fact it says Amazon in English to draw this conclusion . . . https://twitter.com/zeroikeda/status/557846228223160321

4. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I can now confirm the poster that comes from CDJapan is a gorgeous Ikoma Rina one.
    Oh and of course I got a Yuria photo so if anyone wants to trade...

5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Day 2 Sales
    --------------------------------------------
    Day 1 Sales: 693,047
    Day 2 Sales: 17,363 (710,410)

6. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    Looks like this album is doing comparatively worse compared to Tsugi no Ashiato. I wonder why. Is it the songs? Or is it because Tsugi no Ashiato had air handshake in its DVD that its sales were skewed? Lol

7. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    More than likely it's due to lower theater edition sales for the 2-shot events. I know a lot of fans who significantly cut back their theater editions. Many reasons, but the primary two were:

- They are still sitting on 2-shot tickets from the last album
    - Several events were scheduled during Golden Week (when most people plan holiday travel)

I myself only ordered 4 copies, as opposed to the 24 I ordered for the last album.

8. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Listened to Type A's CD 2 finally.

1. 7-kai no "Les Mis" (10/5) Kojiharu's solo is the best track in this collection thus far. It is a goddess tier song for a goddess tier queen like her. She hits the notes effortlessly and I think she needs a solo single straightaway.

2. Oh! Baby (5/5) Team A's song is also great and fresh, very cute and uplifting but more modern. I'd love to see it being performed with some fresh dance breaks from Ricchan and Manamichan who would rock out to these mid-tempo hip hop beats.

3. Downtown Hotel 100-you Shitsu (3.5/5) This song is fresh and interesting and a more urban version of Kurumi to Dialogue. I can't wait to see this song being performed since it features lots of new gen faves that don't get much exposure usually. Juri and Anmi are kinda oddly placed here and I'd place them in Koko Rhodes instead. I would love to see a version with all the KSGKs and good dancers:
    AKB48: Yuria Tano Ryouka Moechan Yuiri Manami Yuami

4. Koko ga Rhodes da, Koko de tobe! (3/5) This song isn't too catchy or memorable but it does have great costumes and the senbatsu is really great. I guess it'll be the signature song for the girls that are going to break senbatsu this year. I'm not too sure about the inclusion of Ayanan and Yuiri since she isn't exactly getting big and I love Seina but it seems like she'll fit in better in either Birth or Bokutachi no Ideology. If it's up to me I'll make the senbatsu:
    AKB48: Annin, Renacchi, Juri, Mariyagi, Abemaru
    SKE48: Anmi, Nao, Rion, Harutamu, Marika
    NMB48: Fuu, Miru, Nagisa
    HKT48: Haruppi, Anai
    NGZK: Ikoma

At this point I don't really like any of the songs anymore.

5. Birth (2.75/3) This song sounds straight up like a Momoiro Clover Z song. I think I might grow to like it but there's a reason why I'm not into Momoiro Clover Z. Kinda weird that it's just 11 members, I guess I'll make it into a full 16 and put Seina here, move Rinacchi from Bokutachi no Ideology here and drag in Hinana from AKB, Yuuri from NMB, Ego from SKE.

6. Junsui Soda Mizu (2.5/5) This is pleasant but forgettable as per everything about Mayuyu. I like how Mayuyu is consistent with the retro concept though. It's a good look for her.

7. Conveyor (2.25/5) I really can't remember anything about this song except for the line CONVEYAAAAAA. It is pleasant but so generic and doesn't really inspire any feelings.

8. Henachoko Support (2.25/5) This song is ok, rather cheerful but generic and doesn't inspire any feelings as well.

9. Ai to Kanashimi no Jisa (2/5) NMB continues with the old school influenced music with Sayanee getting a gaudy rock tune straight out from the 80s. It is an ok song only because her voice is so beautiful and she suits rock styled song but this is her worst solo to date imo. It's just so Takamina concept and not fresh rock.

10. Kanojo (1.5/5) The thing that really annoys me about this song is that how they are taking Sakura's waifu baiting even further once again. I've yet to even look into the lyrics and I can already imagine what it's going to be about. I like Sakura since she's really pretty and all but I absolutely can't deal with how they are pushing her like she's some ideal dream girl that's cute and clever and also sexy with all the boob flashing in all her gravure rubbish. It is just so boring to me. Also they have heavily layered her vocals in this song and it sounds really weird. I wouldn't mind the song if say it was someone else singing (maybe Lovetan? maybe even Daasu lol) Otherwise, the song by itself is generic and nothing special.

9. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    I'd agree with you on almost everything except the last part. The song itself is pretty good. It's just that your general dislike towards Sakura seemed to bias your opinion. Lol.

10. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

That may or may not be true hahaha. Well the song is alright and sounds like it can be fun but I think it is way out of her range and she doesn't have the ability to really sing it. I mean, they vocaloid the hell out of it!

11. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    Haha to be fair most akb songs are overly autotuned though (try listening to clips of akb singing live. Good God), and people still like them. So I guess it boils down to personal preference? ;)

12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    @calvinize Most artists now-a-days use autotune to some extent. Kanojo is just very badly done. I just don't get why the production team went the route they did. Or why Aki-P approved the thing to be put on the album as it is. It could have been a very nice song.

13. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I couldn't agree more. It's a great song, and it could've been AMAZING. It's nothing bad on Sakura's part at all.. the production is very clearly poorly done.

14. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    ^
    agree. the song itself is great, and I think it would be different if they just use sakura's natural voice. and IMO the good usage of autotune in this single is in sasshi's song, setsunai reply.

15. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    YES. I'm glad people are seeing a positive example, because it's so common that people just defecate all over auto-tune.

Sasshi's solo is so simple and enjoyable. it's catchy, standard, classic, likeable, and nothing out of the ordinary... and that makes it perfect. This song should've been an a-side, like for real.

I feel like Yukirin and Sasshi's 3rd singles were just made into these album solos, to be honest.

16. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Planning for Yukirin's third single is already underway. They are looking for something to attach it with, like the drama for the first single, and the Zexy Magazine Wedding SP for the second single. So, yeah.... Yukirin's solo on the album is just that, another song on the AKB album. One I happen to like very much. :D

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Day 3 Sales
    --------------------------------------------
    Day 1 Sales: 693,047
    Day 2 Sales: 17,363 (710,410)
    Day 3 Sales: 9,868 (720,278)

18. Atsu-nee

Atsu-nee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    They have a lot down sales in this album, haven´t?

19. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    This is still more than 2 twice the number of sales the no. 1 album in the US for this week got . . .

20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Fallout Boy right?