2NE1

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by clarizza, Jun 18, 2009.

1. clarizza

clarizza Kenkyuusei

2NE1 New K-pop wonders!

[​IMG]
    From the left: Dara, Minzy, Bom, CL

This 4 girl strong group debuted a little over a month ago (may 6th).
    Before they made their debute, they appeared in a CM with Big Bang, with the song Lollipop.
    They made their debute with the song Fire, which I have linked to below.
    They have become very popular in the short time they have been together as a group.

2NE1 belong to the same agency/label as Big Bang, one of Koreas most popular boy bands. 2NE1 have been suggested to be the female version of this group.

This group is all kinds of awesome, great talent and some interesting personalities.
    So do please check them out, and stay tuned for future releases.

[​IMG]
    From the left: Minzy, Dara, CL, Bom

Short videography:

Lollipop (with Big Bang)
    Fire (Street version)
    Fire (Space version)

Take A Bow (Rihanna cover, live in the studio of radio show Choi Hwa Jung's Power Time)
    Just to show of some vocal power. Left to right, Minzy-CL-Dara-Bom.

Members:

[​IMG]
    CL
    The 18 year old leader of the group, she is featured as a rapper in the group.
    But she has some amazing vocal skills, check out the Rihanna cover.

[​IMG]

Minzy
    15 years old, featured as the groups main dancer and rapper, but just like CL she holds her own when she sings. Eventhough she is the youngest, she is a force to be reconed with.

[​IMG]

Dara
    24 year old and perhaps the most famous of the members before their debute. She used to be an actress in the Philippines. She is featured as a vocalist.

[​IMG]

Bom
    The 25 year old main vocalist of the group, she had some collaborations with Big Bang on some of their singles before she debuted with 2NE1.

More info onWikipedia among other websources. No fun to just copy-paste =)

Credit goes to whoever feel they deserve it.

2. clarizza

clarizza Kenkyuusei

My favourite is Minzy.
    I love her cute and dorky side and how fierce she can be in her performances.
    Korean groups always make a big deal out of "Maknaes" or youngest member, the youngest member often end up in this cutesy role, so it's really refeshing to see a 15 year old dominate as she does when she is performing with people 10 years older than her and with more experience.

CL is an obvious choice for leader. Second youngest, but her "aura" is that of a good leader, in my opinion. Hard to explain it, you just need to see her in action. Along with Minzy, she seem to be the most talented of the girls. Great vocals, fierce dancing and an overall ability to draw you in when she performs.

Dara, she is really pretty, not so easy to see in the PVs where all the girls look stunning, but you can clearly see it if you look up videos from radio shows, and similar where they have a more "natural" look. Her vocals are the weakest in the group, but so far she have made it work. Expect to see an improvement as she sped more time in the group. And her hair is amazing, both the pony tail and the ant-antenas.

Bom, hmm.Her vocals are good, but in my opinion not better than the 2 youngest.
    I'm not gonna speculate in how much or little work she have had done on her face. Noticing when she smiles is an artform in itself. =)
    I Like her, but she seems a bit out of place in the group. Might get better over time though, as they all adjust and get comfortable with the concept of the group.

Overall I'm really excited about this group, being backed up by YG Ent. and Big Bang raises my confidence they will have a comeback after they are done promoting their debute this summer.

For the record, a comeback in Korea doesn't mean they will be gone for years before they return.
    They usually have 2-3 months of super intense promoting of new single/album followed by a break. Rinse and repeat 6'ish months later.

3. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

Bom, tho she may be lead vocal i don't think she was singing as good as the other girls during lives.

Minzy is my favorite. Daaaaamn that girl can dance her ass off!

Dara's hair is amazing. That upside ponytail is kick ass.

CL love her voice and glasses.

4. clarizza

clarizza Kenkyuusei

Minzy being adorkable <3

Too bad that SNSD will have their comeback next week. Will steal a lot of attention from these girls. Hope they still manage to put up a fight though. They have done better than any other new debute in recent years. So 2NE1 might surprise us and give SNSD a run for their money.

5. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Out of the current wave of kpop girl groups, 2NE1 are definitely my favourite. I can't pick a favourite member, which if anything is a good thing. I think I'm leaning towards Minzi the most.

6. Natsumi

Natsumi Kenkyuusei

I fell. Now, I like they.
    I don't know who is my favorite yet.

7. Ali

Ali Kenkyuusei

For ages I thought 2NE1 and 4minute were the same group ><

Anyways, now that I can finally tell them apart I gotta say I'm loving both groups. Their music is a welcome departure from the R&B- and bubblegum pop-dominated tracks from most kpop girlgroups.

I love their style too. And I'm so gay for Minzy it's ridiculous XD.

8. Perfume_Lover

Perfume_Lover Kenkyuusei

9. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

10. chou

chou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    you <3
    2NE1 is really good (i LOVE fire) but i don't really consider them to be a female version of big bang. and lollipop sucked D: one of the most annoying k-pop songs ever. i look forward to them putting out more stuff however. CL & minzy are hot.

11. clarizza

clarizza Kenkyuusei

Respect your opinion, but can't agree with it. =)
    I love the song, I find it really catchy and catch myself pushing repeat over and over.
    The PV? Audio Visual crack. The girls are on fire, a realy strong first appearance. Big Bang is Big Bang, enough said. =)

12. clarizza

clarizza Kenkyuusei

2NE1 just wrapped up their promo work for "Fire" with a smoking hot performance.
    Minzy is just unfreaking belivable awezome, there should be a law prohibiting an underage girl to play with the audience like that. :hehe:

I'll borrow this GIF posted at allkpop.com to illustrate my point:

Watch the full performance for more. :drool:

Fancam photage of the making of their new PV have also been published. Most likely their next song to be promoed,I Don't Care. I'll wait untill I can hear a HQ version of the full song before I pass my judgement, but what I have heard so far makes me want more. And that's always a good thing. :approve:

13. clarizza

clarizza Kenkyuusei

14. yuna6

yuna6 Kenkyuusei

this group is amazing! they really are the female big bang in terms of style and their songs. really love their uniqueness that i haven't seen in many girl kpop group nowadays. they kinda have a lil bit of everything in them don't they?

15. clarizza

clarizza Kenkyuusei

16. Perfume_Lover

Perfume_Lover Kenkyuusei

in the club is good

17. clarizza

clarizza Kenkyuusei

I Don't Care PV

Great that Minzy are able to show of her vocal power in this song.
    Too good to be "wasted" on rapping. :drool:

Videos from their first Live performace of I Don't Care should be available in not long, can't wait to see it. They have decided to only do 1 live performance at music shows per week, with a new coreography each week. Going for quantity over quality.

This is sort of unusual to how other artists do it in Korea, where they are all over the place.
    "Spamming" us with their performances, so hope this strategy works for 2NE1.

Their mini album was pre-ordered in 50k compies, thats pretty impressive for a group that have only released 1 digital single + the LG campaign. So happy for them. :omfg:

18. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    wasnt a huge fan of "fire" but yesterday a friend selected that song for karaoke, its actually quite fun to sing^^;;
    even made me like the song abit more.

right now in korea they are still in the debuting stage i feel, maybe by the end of the year a more solid fanbase and following, plus more apperances, perfs can help solidify them as a girlband here.

19. berlaberla

berlaberla Kenkyuusei

What do you guys feel about I don't care?

I've been so addicted to this song for weeks. And I can't believe Minzy's age. <3 her!

20. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^"I don't care" is one of my faves of theirs.
    It's awesome.

I don't care, is actually that song that made me like 2NE1. Because seriously I didn't get their popularity at first. I thought "lollipop" sounded annoying and they looked stupid. I found FIRE uninteresting, so gave up liking them for a while.
    But, since I love K-pop girl groups I gave them yet a try, trying to figure out what people saw, I didn't. And with I don't care, I did. Now I love whole their mini album. It's great. <3