Event / Concert 37th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2014/06/07)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jan 8, 2014.

1. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Let me add that elections are elections so people do vote based on a variety of factors, not necessarily how much a member appeals to them. For me, an important factor to keep in mind is that this is a ranking that will affect one and only one single only a year. Couple that with the probability this result will affect a member's career for the rest of the year (usually younger members see the most benefit while older ones barely get anything out of it), and that's my decision on how much and Who to vote for.

2. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Eh, well, when someone argues with your opinion, you are allowed to argue back, especially when the people arguing back do not address some of your arguments. I wouldn't call that imposing upon. You were the one who was being judgmental and accused him of being insensitive and of not being a better human out of the blue, so his response that you should have read what he wrote was not surprising. I found the whole discussion about how the handshake incident will affect the election and how people respond interesting, but that doesn't mean I am being insensitive to the incident.

All rka is saying that he thinks the money spent on voting Iriyama/Kawaei because of the incident would've been better spent on projects that may have bigger impact than some anonymous votes, I can't see how that opinion can be seen as being insensitive, or gosh, wrong. The way he delivered this point may have offended some people. And it did, and the discussion got heated. Like always :p He's just arguing for better ways to show moral support than sympathy/pity/solidarity votes.

I don't care how and why people vote in the sousenkyo and I won't judge anybody by it, but I do agree with rka that a project to show solidarity to the group after the handshake incident would be a wonderful thing.

3. BeMyGuest

BeMyGuest Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawaeirina
    ^ Not really, a few times people were just stating a different opinion than his and he kept going with his opinion over and over again, yes, this is what I call imposing. Only 'cuz some fans will give them solidarity votes, doesn't mean that there won't be other projects as a form of support. I don't think that sending them a post card, is a better way to support them than to vote for them in this election that is probably very crucial for their careers and emotional state due to the accident. First the shock of low rankings at the prelims, then being attacked and injured and now a possible lower rank than last year at the finals(which would be basically a step back in their careers). The sad sequence of unfortunate events is what I assume these solidarity voters will try to avoid. So no, I don't agree this is wrong, pointless or naive. Whatever kind of moral help is, is still help and it shouldn't be called pointless. The comparison, votes to Facebook likes was also ridiculous, since the one is determining their career and future, while the other does pretty much nothing. So to say that these votes won't be any help for the girls is the only nonsense I see here.

4. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    rka was trying to get his point understood, that was why he was continuing with it. Every time he made his point, a new person wanted to make an argument for it. He's not wrong for wanting the election to be fair, and yes that can be defined simply as allowing the appeal of members to be your reasoning, not external factors indirectly linked to their actions. It's not fair what happened to Rina and Anna either, but there's another side that wants all the other members to be taken into account as well.

The constant debate over right and wrong was a waste of time on here, this was all really about what would be fair. Simple as that.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The election has NEVER been fair. From the moment you allow the people vote more than once, it stops being fair.

6. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Worst Case Scenario

1. Sasshi
    2. Jurina
    3. Mayuyu
    4. Yukirin
    5. Rena
    6. Paruru
    7. Takamina
    8. Sae
    9. Sayanee
    10. Kojiharu
    11. Daasu
    12. Yui
    13. Miyuki
    14. Kaotan
    15. Ricchan
    16. Yuria

Best Case Scenario

1. Mayuyu
    2. Sasshi
    3. Jurina
    4. Yukirin
    5. Rena
    6. Paruru
    7. Sayanee
    8. Takamina
    9. Kojiharu
    10. Sae
    11. Miyuki
    12. Yui
    13. Ricchan
    14. Daasu
    15. Sakura
    16. Miichan

7. moonlit

moonlit Member

While I do not mind that people vote for Ricchan&Annin (and maybe the other three affected girls) because of the incident, I do believe that a project to send them presents&'get well notes' would have a greater impact on them as people rather then the Ricchan&Annin the idols. That is all. I think it'd be really touching. So if somebody is organizing such a project...
    However...
    Will they benefit if people power vote them? Yes!
    I believe part of @rka point is, if they got pushed very high this senkyo because of the incident, then how would it look for them next senkyo?
    Those extra votes this year wouldn't be there next year and if their rankling would drop much, that'd be... a sucker punch to both of them. Like "you care about us only because of the attack!" sort of thing.
    At least that's how I'd feel in that position.
    ('imho' refers to the entire post. Whether that is how they'd feel or not, nobody can know)

@mysoshipinups Almost agreed, my dream scenario would be Haruppi beating her way into Senbatsu XD, but that's a bit unrealistic U_U;

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  8. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    That's not the point of what I was saying, I was referring to the way fans typically vote for who they want, the reasons would be generally because they like that member. A fair judgement, not a fair process. Whatever the case, I made a point that the fans who think this are just being compassionate in their own way and should be equally respected for that, it's about having the best intentions for all the girls.

And I respect your viewpoint, it would be a statement to the tragedy to vote for them, who wouldn't want to erase what happened?

We'll see this election I guess.

9. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    RKA- If you really want to drop it then drop it. Seems more like you want to make sure you get the last word and then have everyone ELSE drop it

10. aspen_552001

aspen_552001 Kenkyuusei

If they really do get a high rank this year, then it is up to their respective agencies to repackage them as high ranking members and push them appropriately. The girls on the other hand, are responsible for pulling in more effort.

Ultimately, I still feel that there are some who are just worried that the extra votes will cause their own oshis to drop in rank. :rofl:I just spoken to someone who is genuinely worried about this while purchasing a photo.:rofl:

11. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I'll be working this year, so no live stream for me! :( But I must admit it doesn't feel too bad, I'll just watch it when I'm back home and try to avoid this forum and tumblr for the surprise not to be spoiled. I am sure I'll find out the winner in the titles of the videos or the thumbnails, but I don't care, we already know who's gonna win, the surprise is for ranks 80 to 2.

12. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Anyone has a list of the responses after voting? I'm particularly interested in the meaning of the one that starts with the hiragana "ko" or "go." I forgot to copy it.

13. aspen_552001

aspen_552001 Kenkyuusei

Although, mine is, I am highly doubtful that the extra votes (if any) will be increasing her rank into senbatsu. I might be a little too negative but her low rank in the prelims speaks for itself. I predict that her rank will increase but just not enough to enter senbatsu. UG center, maybe?

14. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

In a way, I think Annin and Ricchan are screwed this election. If they rank highly, a portion of the fandom will say it's only because of the incident and that they are really not that popular, and I'm sure some will say "not deserving." If they don't move up or even drop (I doubt the latter really), then another portion of the fandom will say that even the incident didn't help them and that they are now losing popularity, etc.

15. aspen_552001

aspen_552001 Kenkyuusei

Sympathy votes aside (if any), how can they say that they don't deserve it? They have worked really heard for the past year based on their various media appearances and other projects.

16. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    AKB48's senbatsu members are already fixed all-year round. it's just that the senbatsu election measures how much support a member can get when fans ranked members in popularity by buying multiple cd's. the senbatsu election doesn't make much difference to non-senbatsu members. I think the more effective way for a wota's oshimen to be noticed by the management is if the members can sold more HS slots and is high demanded and regarded by the fans. the management wants members who has a religious follower who always sold out her HS slots, buys everything she releases, watches her every show and guesting etc, etc than a member who only have a massive support on an annual event.
    anyway this year senbatsu election. I hope no one will pull another stunt and announce graduation again.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Didn't some people say just the same last year when Sasshi won?

Oh, it's her wotas voting like crazy to not see her drop after the scandal.
    It's just some Chinese rich fans she has.

etc.

When a person is voting, they don't just think "Oh, this girl did well in this PV" or "She looked cute in this magazine". EVERYTHING plays a part in a girl's image towards the fans, not only their CMs and their acting, but also the scandals (like Sasshi's and Miichan's) and misfortunes (like Ricchan's, Annin's and even Karen's) that happen to them.

18. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    @rka Yukirin just got kennin'd in NMB, so I doubt she will graduate this year, but before her kennin I saw her as the next one to go. I mean that's it, there's nothing more AKB can bring her and she's ready to fly on her own.

19. moonlit

moonlit Member

Wait. what happened to Karen? O__O What did I miss? (unless it's the reason why she refused the transfer, which was of course understandable)

I don't think Mayu'd grad, though I think she'd feel pretty bad. It almost feels like she's been preparing herself the last 4-6 months that she'd loose to Sasshi again. At least, this is what it looked like to me
    I think the possibility of Shinoda vers 2 is reasonably high.
    Yukirin, well, she's been busy with solo activities for a while, so her attending to AKB/NMB is just obligations right now. I do believe that she enjoys being an idol a lot though, so I don't know about graduating.
    I'd say Kojiharu could pull a Shinoda, but she's been saying that she won't be graduating (soon), so I don't know about that.
    Takamina will be the last 1st gen to graduate, that much for sure. She won't leave before Kojiharu/Miichan. Miichan won't be pulling a Mariko-sama number though.

Also, I think it'd be harmful to Mayu's image if she gave up and left the group just because she lost to Sasshi again (as much I would love to see Mayu kick Sasshi off her throne, I do believe Sasshi has much better chances to win). Personal opinion though.
    Mayu always stuck out to me as a strong willed member. Sometimes to some probably even bullheaded a bit XD So I'd be disappointed. I love how she's been trying to improve and vary her character since the last sousenkyo.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  20. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @rka
    well, management always considers multiple factors anyway so, I'm not surprise on SKE management considering the sousenkyo results to push members. but I think the real factor for a member to be noticed by the management is if she has a massive follower who always support her all-year round. and I don't think that if ever Mayuyu lose again that she'll graduate. certainly not I don't think she'll give up easily especially now she's on top of AKB48 (not the whole AKB48 Group)after Yuko somewhat graduated without yet a farewell concert though that will be a big surprise announcement. Kojiharu might announce graduation like Mariko on sousenkyo since her objective in staying in the group is to put new members over her and helping the group on their 1-Million streak record.