4th Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Generic_User, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Edward900

Edward900 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Looking forward to see them! In need of a 4th Gen oshimen (or a few of them lol). :banana:

2. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I have to say I think your opinion is premature and above all, rude. These girls hardly had the chance to properly show what they are made of, and you dismiss them as subpar?
    Don't get me wrong, it's okay not to be blown away by a first impression, but the things you are saying ("anything better") are downright insulting. Even if you feel the need to say things like that, couldn't you at least waited until they appeared on Koujichuu or have a blog written? It might inspire you to come up with decent arguments.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

When 3rd gen was first introduced it wasn't obvious how strong they would be. Only a few members stood out right away (Yoda, Yamashita, etc.) and it wasn't until we got to know them that they really took off. If you look at the beginning of the 3rd gen thread a lot of people weren't even really that impressed with initial first impressions (i.e. looks). And several 3rd gen haven't even come into their own until very recently (Denchan, Mukai).

4th gen seems to be in a pretty similar situation. A small handful of members have a good first impressions (Tustsui, Endou, Shibata, Tamura) and then a bunch more that we just don't really know much about.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  4. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    It's not that I am directly insulting them, that was what came to my mind by first impression judging their profiles, characters and presentations. To me, Nogizaka has high standards, and a new gen that doesn't disappoint these standards, would have been like that:

[​IMG]

the 4th gen Nogi girls I discarded are the ones that I see by first impression as subpars, who would never become prominent senbatsu members, succesful or huge HS sellers... (so I hope they could be at least interesting for "comedy"), but if I will be wrong. I would be happy for them of course.

5. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

At long last they will debut in Kojichuu
    IMG_20190114_020504.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    The 4th Gen will become, just like their senpai, beautiful memebers of Nogizaka46 because they are members of Nogizaka46.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

What the point to add 'i hope i'm wrong' in every judgment you thrown out? A judging is a judging, no need to be hypocrite.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I hope I'm wrong cause I care about the group and I want it to be at his best and with succesful members.

9. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. If you care about the group, you should support them no matter what not underestimated the girl just by your first impression. Unless you can see the future, so you can say this girl will be like this but i hope i'm wrong.

'i think you are idiot, but i hope i'm wrong', words like that can't be used to show your care. It's just pure insult/judgment covered with 'i hope i'm wrong'.

I think you just like to heat up by bringing silly topic not only about the 4th gen but also like saying that Ikuchan boobs is potoshoped or saying Yamaguchi Maho partner of crime just because she don't call any names. But i hope i'm wrong.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    what you talking about? I'm just expressing my thoughts. It's not that I'm going to the members and saying "you don't seem that good and are below the average of Nogi girls, you shouldn't be there". I'm expressing what I think here on that forum, that's a bit different.

If to me the first impression of this generation is not that good apart of some members... it's just my opinion, and so I made a group of girls who to me would've been much stronger as a presentation of the 4th gen group.

If new kanji keya members weren't needed, and the selection was only for nogizaka, I think the selection would have been very similar to mine...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

Your selection doesn't even include Kamimura Hinano who is objectively the best one.

12. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I forgot about the new hiragana member lol. Well since 4th gen is 11 new members, she would've been the 11th one :D

13. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Well.. sadly i'm not wrong :(

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    honestly, i dnt rly like to commenting about visuals publicly

could say 3rd gen were cuter on their debut than 4th gen may arguably true. but saying these dudes from kanji are better is kinda annoying

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I somehow get what @SteCola is trying to say (or at least part of it). Just remember, we have different taste. And face value is not the only thing to like/love when it comes to our Nogi girls.
    Visually, only two girls caught my attention: Tsutsui & Kaki. Keyakizaka got some few pretty faces (Seki, Riko, Rina, Hinano) that might fit with Nogi
    But . . .
    I'm happy with our new members.
    That's all, I wouldn't comment any further. All we've seen so far from our new Nogi girls are just previews. It's not fair to compare them with 3rd gen, and it's not fair for 2nd gen to be used as the measuring stick. It's hard to predict what's in store for 4th gen. Beside, Idk about you guys but I'm not gonna end up liking all 11 new members anyway. Now with the other 9 girls, I might find another favorite. So I'm just excited for next week's show. Time to know more about them.
    No offense to the other group. This is Nogizaka46. Girls are in better hands, imho.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Calling them dudes isn't much better.

This is exactly what I mean. Sure, I am not blown away by every 4th gen member either.
    But rather than harsh judgments, I choose to wait and see and be surprised. Because there is more than meets the eye.
    And I agree with the rest of your post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    yes. and im not a nice guy and wouldn’t try to be ;-)

especially if its related to something i care and idgaf

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Anyway, will they do the principal? I was hoping they do principal instead of that useless zambi stageplay. Principal is really important to train the new members. And of course, it's Nogi tradition.

Endo Sakura, Kaki Haruka, and Tsutsui Ayame will be featured on Weekly Shonen Magazine (2/6)
    IMG_20190114_191754.jpg

19. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Among 4th gen members, I only remember Seimiya Rei face and name. I hope next week Koujichuu episode help me to know them more. :)

20. ritto2908

ritto2908 Member

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    I think that the purpose of recruiting 4th gen is to fill the under-member group, which is shrinking gradually. At the end of the day, most of 3rd gen will be the staple Senbatsu members and serve as the core of the group when more 1st gen graduate. I don't want to underestimate the 4th gen just yet since it is too early to do so. However, I do have an eye on some members and can't wait to see their introduction on Nogizaka Koujichuu.

• Winner Winner x 1