Single AKB48 18th [Beginner] 10/10/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mr Waffle, Aug 20, 2010.

1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Re: [SINGLE] AKB48 18th single - [Beginner] - 2010/10/27

That was great, one of my favorite performances of Beginner. :D Besides the yukatas, I loved that it was LIVE singing for once. Even if it doesn't sound as good as the recording, I appreciate the effort.

Only complaint would be that it seemed like they weren't really trying though, or just everyone was tired. It was missing the "fierceness" that defines Beginner, hardly anyone was giving it their all for the dance. It could've been the best :cry:

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

^
    I guess that dancing with a yukata doesn't help. Besides, they look quite shy of dancing just for that (lucky!) guy ;)

3. MecchaMelon

MecchaMelon Kenkyuusei

^ Also consider that usually when they give their all in their dancing, they're not worried about singing live, too. Splitting of energy, and all that.

4. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina

Am I in the minority? You see, I do like Beginner but not among my favorite. I choose Ponytail, Heavy Rotation, Sakura no Shiori over this. I don't know, the song is good but I guess I love AKB more for their bubbly pop image than their fierce side. And I guess I really am in the minority so rather my question is, am I ALONE on being not a big fan of this single? hehe.

5. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

No, you're not alone. We recently had a voting about the best AKB song and, even though Beginner ranked #1, I didn't give a vote to it. On the other side, the songs you say ranked #9, #5 and #40, but Ponytail and Sakura were my 1st and 2nd choices. I guess we share a love for AKB bubblish side... ;)

6. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina

^ Wow, #40 for Sakura no Shiori, a song released this year? Seems that its not that popular, hehehe. Beginner is a good song, the intense dance and meaningful lyrics are definitely makes it a memorable akb single. It's just that I love akb for their carefree, bubbly, image. And I do think most akb fans love them for that. When I think about it, Beginner is popular because it brought something new from akb but I bet that it will not be good for akb to stick with this kind of concept. People will always want akb to go back to their roots of cute, school girl image.

I'm just a new member here; I've noticed the song vote/poll where everyone gives their top 40 (or was it 50?) songs. What was it for? Just a popularity survey? Thanks.

7. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

that performance was terrible. like WHAT THE FUCK D=

i think its the worst akb performance i ever saw D= yeah, its indeed the worst one ive seen.

it also rememberd me why i disliked acchan so much

8. eyeless

eyeless Kenkyuusei

^
    What Acchan has done to you to make you dislike her?

9. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

if you never noticed the ":|" face she puts all the time when shes performing then i dunno =/. and in this particual performance it was f*cking annoying.

all of them had the I DONT GIVE A DAMN face though. but with acchan its always worse because she does it ALL THE TIME. or did. i dunno... i haven't paid enough attention/didnt notice she still did it until now.

im not even talking about the TERRIBLE vocal performance that was like, worse than a karaoke you can find in youtube. the way they performed the song was annoying as fuck.

10. ET920

ET920 Member

That is her attitude. In both Majisuka Gakuen and Q10 she filled the "I don't give a shit" [speechless] character, which fit her way of being. I am not her fan, but for good or bad she is the face of AKB48. A good chunk of what they achieved should be thanked to her.

11. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

They all sounded like tone deaf people. THIS IS WHY AKB DOESN'T SING LIVE.

12. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

they can do an amazing work if they want though

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTgzMTk3NjIw.html

best akb performances ever

13. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

Not live.

I didn't say they can't have awesome performances. Just live performances aren't their forte.

14. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

..that was live.

15. ET920

ET920 Member

Yes, that was live, Takamina's voice is on top of all because her microphone is tuned higher than the others (which would be understandable since she is credited to have the best voice), and at around 4:35 you can notice she entered late to the "massugu" part.

16. rafaelaboy80

rafaelaboy80 Kenkyuusei

And when Acchan dropped her mic during the mic switch part Ponytailshushu, you heard the sound.

17. AnOriginalName

AnOriginalName Kenkyuusei

PK^
    ^
    Lol I think that has less to do with mic volume and more to do with the fact that Takmina is just loud XD :hehe:

That Jpop live perfom is one of my favs, and it was definitely live.

I do agree that the yukata beginner perf was lackluster, bar some girls, but I find alot of the AKBxx perfs are lackluster.
    The MS Superlive perf, however, was amazing to the max.

18. ET920

ET920 Member

I find AKB to XX boring. Of course, there hasn't been that many episodes to judge, but monthly shows are usually of lower quality than weekly ones. The exception is Naruhodo High School, loved when they went to make icecream in the mountains.

19. emanc

emanc Kenkyuusei

Your hatred of Acchan is just making you zero in on her all the time you find any AKB performance disgusting. Oh, well, haters gonna hate whether its valid or not. Acchan could be falling down all over the floor performing and you'll still says she's boring and all.. [sleep]

20. ET920

ET920 Member

^ Sometimes valid complains are dismissed this way.