Single AKB48 18th [Beginner] 10/10/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mr Waffle, Aug 20, 2010.

1. emanc

emanc Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] AKB48 18th single - (unknown) - 2010/10/27

Rena is ok. Jurina is ugly IMHO of course...

I don't think they're being disrespectful since any gimmick determined by my multiple voting wotas don't mean anything. If you remove the multiple votes then probably Mariko would be front and center...

2. minna no uta

minna no uta Kenkyuusei

^Well pretty much any girl in senbatsu and UG got multiple votes from someone. The problem is that it comes with great effort from their fans, but as I said before, management prefers to pretend they know nothing of it, and, yeah, the votings have to be taken with a grain of salt, but I notice they do it only with the girls they feel like. So, for example, they could decide Myao should be in UG because to them, she didn't got that much votes legitimately, but they don't say anything to Sasshi and instead they take her vote count as an excuse to push her even more. Is the management trying to discourage people from buying more than two copies? No way, at least, not them xD. And aren't the girls' agencies rumored to buy multiple copies for them aswell?

EDIT: Also, lolol at the Rena discussion XD. I love Rena, and I think she IS pretty, ok? but let the poor guy express his opinion (even if yes, it's a bit harsh, but hey). He's not an SKE hater just for thinking one of their members isn't pretty :/ There are a few AKB members everyone dislike and so far we've been able to say we don't like them without being censored

3. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship

If there is something I've learned thanx to AKB is....

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.

4. Sumire

Sumire Kenkyuusei

Who would that be? [wonder]
    I bet we would find at least one defender of every current member..

5. lonewolfryuu

lonewolfryuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako

low on my ranks but definitely not on my dislike list, though i don't have a dislike list in the first place LOL!

6. MecchaMelon

MecchaMelon Kenkyuusei

Bahhh I don't really know what to make of all this. I'm glad for for Kitarie and Sasshi, but I'm pretty bummed about my oshi, obv. I don't mind SKE, but I do have to wonder who would've been in senbatsu if they weren't, I guess? I dunno, I guess I'll cross my fingers for good UG songs+PVs this time seeing as Nusumareta kuchibiru was pretty boring to me.. * A*;; Namida Seesaw Game was really cute, though.

...I'm also in the boat of people who couldn't call a single 48 girl ugly. There are ways to express your opinion without being insulting, and I think "ugly" is an insulting word, no matter the context. I come to stage48 over other forums because people here are typically really good at being respectful about the girls and how they feel about them, positive and negative. Word choice really DOES make that much of a difference, just sayin'. [box]

edit reading giddy's quote I realized I completely repeated Waffle, ahaha oops :fp:

7. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I'm quoting this just because I think it's so good. *thunderous applaud*

8. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

I think one has the right to say he doesn't like the looks of a girl (though yeah, "ugly" isn't the nicest way to put it :/) but to say "she's ugly so she doesn't deserve to be senbatsu"? Wtf? There's more than beauty (which is very subjective) to a girl, and yes, even to an idol. That line made me pretty pissed. -_-

Also people the AKB member is ACCHAN, not AACHAN, who is a Perfume member

Anyway, I like the 2 UG format, if it's gonna be confirmed. A balanced partition of more and less popular girls, possibly based on the girls' characteristics, looks much better to me than a rather harsh "three levels of popularity" pattern (Senbatsu -> UG -> TG). I imagine a fun, happy-go-lucky song for UG-A and a darker/more passionate song for UG-B :D what do you think?

9. lonewolfryuu

lonewolfryuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako

^ based on the Acchan x Mariko pic on the earlier pages i'm guessing like others have said before as most probably as River 2, and IMO, UG-A being chockful of "Loli Power" LOL! i'm guessing (or rather hoping) is Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara 2 -- coincidentally those girls from said song are mostly here as well -- and UG-B being Tobenai Agehachou 2 cause Sayaka and company definitely have the looks to pull it off ... my 6 cents :p

10. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Please don't hate me for this but I would tell Rena that shes ugly to her face. She personally really bugs me, just like Kinoshita Yukiko. Rena just reminds me of an ostrage. I'm not an SKE hater I just happen to really not like two of the people in it.

11. flagator21

flagator21 Member

^ If you don't want people to take offense, maybe you're better off not saying anything about it? *shrug*

12. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Don't worry. I'll just feel sorry for you. :|

13. aznnerd

aznnerd Kenkyuusei

It's one thing to just think she's ugly and another to say it to her face. That's just plain disrespectful.

14. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

This thread keeps getting stupider and stupider every time I read it. :fp:

15. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire

Well that's one way to get yourself lynched.

16. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship

Well, don't read it. :lol:

17. ChrisjinXIII

ChrisjinXIII Kenkyuusei

[speechless]

There is a fine line between respectful opinions and just doing something horrible/disrespectful and might I say you are crossing it ignorantly. I mean geez.. :glare:

18. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

There are plenty of AKB members that I don't like, but I wouldn't say they were ugly, especially to their face. That's just rude and inconsiderate.

19. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Matsui Rena is one of the most beautiful creations of this or any existence. Her presence and talent, as amply displayed in Majisuka Gakuen, were part of the reason I became fascinated with AKB48. I was deeply disturbed to learned the beautiful and bloody visage of Rena was not a part of AKB48 but instead their sister band.

If I were to meet Rena in person I would beg her to murder me in the most bloody and prolonged ways imaginable, and beg her to giggle all the time. It is my dream to die watching her giggle over my broken and dieing body while she is covered in my blood. There can be no greater tribute to her greatness than to give one's life over to such total bliss.

If you do not share my dream, I am sad for you and all others who do not see her powerful presence. I hope that someplace in this existence you can find some shadow of the joy her power and beauty bring the rest of us.

20. mizu_youkan

mizu_youkan Kenkyuusei

really, you'd tell someone to their face that they're ugly just because you really believe it? can you send me a picture of yourself so i can tell you what i honestly think? [devil]

and to keep it on topic: uh..yeah, i can't wait to hear that 18th single! i think all the senbatsu girls are pretty, even those that people say are the most 'unattractive' of akb are still in the top 1% of the world.