Single AKB48 21st [Everyday, Kachuusha] 11/05/25

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by aakun, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Saya

Saya Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] AKB48 - 21st Single [Everyday, Kachuusha] - 5/2

^Gosh why can't people just be like "Even if I don't care for them, Congrats" instead of "They don't deserve it!"
    Do they even know how hard these girls work??

2. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

^
    ^ Who is that nobody [hehe]

3. jocelyne03

jocelyne03 Kenkyuusei

*sighs*
    Of course they deserve it. It may be an opinion, but i dont think it's right to say that "do they deserve it" sort of thing. Since the girls are very hardworking and dedicated to what they are doing ><.

4. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

i don't even know why a fan would say things that.... but i guess she must have his reasons (possibly a Mr. Children's Namonaki Uta fan)

edit: someone should make a banner about how AKB48 broke the record :3

5. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

^ Its a girl, not that it matters. [hehe]

But yes, a banner would be awesome! [rock]

6. ET920

ET920 Member

That is what happens when you apply a subjective view to an objective point. The record is about amount sold, regardless of people buying 1,000 CDs, or adding multiple versions, or handshake tickets or senbatsu serials. There is no room for subjective reasoning here. Crying because the worst idol single in general and AKB48 in particular in the last couple of years broke the record is out of place. Cold numbers show it sold this much, and so deserves the position.

7. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

She is a good blogger and she means well. She isn't so much dissing AKB but the fact that they broke the record with one of their lesser songs (imo).
    I'm really proud of the girls for being record breakers, because they are amazing and they work hard, but I can understand her point. But i don't the problem is with Idols and there selling methods but with oricon. It needs to move the times and inclued mp3 and all the CD selling outlets.
    But I agree with ET, the record is about numbers not quality.

8. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

^ Exactly... and the fact that they sold this many in the post-digital download era is still amazing.

'Namonaki Uta' is not the 'best' Mr. Children song IMHO, but it came out at the right time and pre-digital downloads.

9. nevergiveupboy

nevergiveupboy Kenkyuusei

I don't know why people just have to put harsh opinions like that. Well, if they break a record, congrat them!
    I mean, wow, I don't really care if AKB music is quality or not because nearly 100% of their songs make me feel happy because they are upbeat and have nice melody :inlove: :inlove:
    And no, I don't feel hatred or angry when other artist like Gaga, Justin Beiber, etc break record because on the fact that I don't care about other artist but my babies AKB! and Yes, I have all songs (including instrumental) of AKB that have been released on CDs on my ipod (total of 500+ songs) and I'm proud of the fact that I'm a fan of AKB48, they, indeed, deserve everything they've got today because they've worked so hard for it!
    If people think organize and manage a group of 192+ to do concert together, release singles, promotional events, dance routine for each song, etc etc is easy, then they'd better think again about what they said before they write it out like that !
    just my opinion/feedback :)
    Cheers

10. heysamuraitamashii

heysamuraitamashii Kenkyuusei

I'm so glad too ;___; even though it's, like, one out of 1254354, I'm still so happy...

<3 Congratulations AKB <3

@blogpost
    I guess I can understand some of her points. She isn't really dissing the girls and is really more against how the whole system works anyway. And I don't think she means it like "AKB doesn't deserve it" but more like "this single and the system behind it don't deserve it".

but, still...

Congratulations AKB <3 YOU DESERVE IT.

11. ET920

ET920 Member

So, what is more amazing then, that AKB48 sold this much in digital era or that Mr. Children sold those many singles without Type A, Type B, Theater CDs, limited versions, handshake events, senbatsu tickets, wotas buying 1,000 CDs each, free pictures, etc, etc, etc?

Older records are usually "purer" than new ones, but this is not about purity, but cold numbers.

12. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I'm quite tired of people calling this the worst AKB single in years tbh, because that's a subjective opinion.

13. nevergiveupboy

nevergiveupboy Kenkyuusei

yeah me too, I think this single is not that bad, it's surely better than ponyshu for me :) :D

14. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

I'm definitely not a fan of how they broke the record... it seems that fans bought multiple copies instead of having a lot of varied buyers, though I do respect the method.

however, I really like the song! I didn't like it at first but it totally gets me pumped for summer... and I'd even watch moshidora if I could because it seems like a great theme song.

i still consider beginner as their finest song and performance though.

I'm also kinda tired of hearing that real music is better than "fake poppy music." I think that there's an art to making something as catchy and upbeat like these songs. just because it's not lyrics with multiple deep layers and with Bach like composure doesn't mean it's bad to listen to...

15. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

If you want an objective argument, go research about the purchaser profile and statistics. You guys also need to find the cost of advertising and promotion for both parties. And many other things that is best given to people taking economics as their major.

Seconding these.

16. ET920

ET920 Member

Uh, then this thread would be 9 post long: the first post with the release information, the second post with news media clips about it, and then one post for the sales of every day until the weekly sales.

17. AKB69

AKB69 Kenkyuusei

those gimmicks offset the advantage artists had before the digtial download age.
    now if AKB didn't sell that well on the digital charts that would be one thing. but a couple of thier songs(like 3 or 4 of them) now have the double platinum certification. thats over 500,000 digital purchases for each of those songs without gimmicks(so don't act like they can't sell without gimmicks).
    now i'm not saying 1 digital purchase equals exactly 1 cd... but that is potentially a huuuuge chunk of physical sales taken away by digital sales. so i say bring on the gimmicks to offset the disadvantage.

18. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

@ET: I didn't mean it directed to you in particular. Just saying that all I hear is how bad the single is and my subjective opinion is that it's way better than Sakura no Ki ni Narou. I probably worded it wrong then *shrugs* I don't mean that we can't discuss subjective opinions, just that I'm tired of hearing that the single sucks.

19. minna no uta

minna no uta Kenkyuusei

^I'm starting to get tired too. Yeah, we know it's a generic song but that's what we've been getting for the past three years so it's time to start playing by the rules of the game and enjoy them ...or move onto kpop lol D:

uhh I've heard this argument before, the "do AKB deserve their sales records?" argument. And that can be applied to pretty much any other artist anywhere else. I consider it a waste of time since those same folks won't be questioning whether their biases deserve their weekly Oricon #1s, so it's better to forget about it. If you're too keen on it, do what the anonymous commenter did: show them the list of 100 best japanese albums (or the HMV one of japanese artists) and compare with the weekly sales top 10 thingie. Or ask them where is their bias on that list.

20. ET920

ET920 Member

I am guessing you answered to my "purer" comment. I never said they couldn't sell without gimmicks, I said those gimmicks help immensely. Would that wota buy 1,000 CDs if not for the senbatsu tickets? Would people in Japan buy hundreds of copies if not for the handshake tickets?

Physical sales are always harder: you need to coordinate production and distribution to get sure there is always enough singles out there for everyone wanting to buy it, you need to pay upfront costs for those produced units, you need to coordinate marketing so that you don't create demand when there is no offer, etc. The digital world is different, you always have stock, you don't have distribution problem.

Finally, I don't think digital sales eat away from physical ones; they carve their own market. Without digital sales, AKB48 won't be selling a huuuuge more physical units as you claim. They aren't buying the CDs that bring so many bonus and is worth the same as the digital release, why would they buy it without it? What they buy is convenience of not having to travel, search, buy and rip the single.

And garnetjester, I didn't take it personally, just felt it was necessary to mention that people's opinion will continue flowing for good or bad. Discussion is good if it brings new points of view from time to time.

PS: AKB69's remark that (legal) digital downloads are a disadvantage, when taken out of context, is pretty fun :D