Single AKB48 25th [GIVE ME FIVE!] '12/02/15

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Criss, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Re: [SINGLE] AKB48 25th Single [GIVE ME FIVE!] 2012/02/15

Damn, I was kinda expecting a zombie apocalypse survival horror themed campaign. I swear it's should be about the time that they make one. Tsk tsk [hehe]

But really, sure it sounds nice enough but yeah I agree it sounds kinda b-side like... damn, in the making vid, the whole song is right there! :blink:

2. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Guys, I was almost in tears when the preview started and it wasn't a ballad... I was THAT happy that the 2010 curse trend had finally been broken. ;___; Yeah, the song does sound UG-ish but I like it and don't even care about the quality because it's finally something (a bit) different.

3. lightspring

lightspring Kenkyuusei

It reminds me of stage song out of the earlier stages. B3's Hissatsu Teleport to be exact. I don't know why

I usually like the UG songs, so having the same type of feel for the A-side - sold.

4. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Did the small clip on the website get extended? I could've sworn it was shorter last time I loaded it....ah, whatever. I need the full song before I can judge 100%, but listening to the preview, definitely not as good as Kaze ha Fuiteiru (I don't think anything they do will be as good as that anytime soon) but much better than Ue kara Mariko. Compared to the other up tempo sakura song, 10 nen Zakura, this one sounds better so far too so I'm optimistic, and of course waiting for a full PV.

5. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

For some reason .. I really like the song. I already feel like this is gonna become one of my all-time favorite songs and will be a huge hit!! 0_____0 !!

And the girls look darn cute in the CM!! Oh, Takamina [blush]

6. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

Like like like it very much. Will have to listen to the complete sing first and most AKB songs take a while to grow on me but I like what I'm hearing. No it's no Kazefu, but that's my favorite single of the last 3 years/ever.
    I'm happy I preordered this one!

7. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

It'd be awesome if they changed the typical "handshake" ticket to a "High Five!" event ticket instead. :D

8. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

For now, & as a fan of AKB48 I like it & I think I will like it even more when the PV comes out, BUT.... for those who are new to AKB48, or they want to hear a great song from them, this song doesn't seem to be a strong hit to attract more fans, maybe my theory will prove to be wrong.

9. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

I think this is a REALLY GOOD upbeat pop song .. back to their 2009 + 2010 singles quality. It's very catchy. It could possibly get the same level of success as Namida Surprise, Iiwake Maybe, and Ponytail to ShuShu (my favorite). I think this is what AKB needs right now. Just a really catchy upbeat pop song with some good melody. Definitely looking forward to the full song + PV!! [nod]

10. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

I want to know who's in senbatsu. Still worried about Rie

11. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

I would trust the judgement of Aki p. He is a good judge of melody and lyric.

Some of the stuff he produces doesn't sound like much at first, but the more you listen the more you like to listen. The obviously work to some formulas in their melodies that once they know they have them they will hook listeners after a while. And when you add special lyrics and dance and the girls....well that success.

But how long can you use these formulas. Its hard to produce great songs each time like AKB has done many times to date. And you would think you have to have some failures along the way. But a failure for AKB is probably a success for anybody else.

Having had a chance to listen through the chatter of tv to the song that Aki p produced for Wasamin. It is a very clever piece of work. Simple melody, perfectly balanced song, and very suited to Wasamin's voice as it is right now. Not too slow and heavy or too fast and light, Wasamin is a young lady in the making. I expect with the pv to appear as more of a light haunting feel to it. It is the type of song and sound that other enka singers will like and would fit well in karaoke.

HIFIVE looks like a 'happy' song, which isn't such a bad idea at the moment. And those dresses gives a party look to my thinking.

12. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

I'm liking what I hear, the ska touch in the song is not bad.

13. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

From what I'm listening, I can say that i am really loving the new single already [party]

Perfect way to start off another year of AKB :awesome:

14. Alexou1250

Alexou1250 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otaaika

Personally I don't like it that much but like flying get, I think it will just grow on me to the point where I can't stop listening to it xD

15. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

After hearing this song I don't know what a Sakura song is anymore. :hmm:

16. oddball

oddball Member

I've gotta say, my first imopressions of the song are good actually, took a bit of time to my brain to re-adjust to it as it wasnt quite what I was expecting but I am liking the up-beat pop sound it's going on, could even say it'a a bit of an AKB throwback, looking forward to the pv!

(Want a Yuki/Sasshi high five in the pv, was loving thier one in the advert and I just really thought they were adorable together in the making of!) :inlove:

17. Moy

Moy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

I know as a guy, I shouldn't be commenting on this but their outfits make them look so cute.
    I hope this is their performance outfit!

18. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

Don't worry its been said here thousand times before and there's a lot of guys here. [hehe]

I technically like the preview its just that this isn't what I envision a Sakura song is. I was quite taken aback at first but after multiple review its very AKB48. :)

The PV really reminds me of SKE48 because they use a lot of slow motion. :^^;:

19. popegrizzly23

popegrizzly23 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka

I really like it alot so far!!! Definitely have to wait for the full version, but I agree it sounds like somewhat of a throwback to earlier stage songs. And I've been listening to a lot of those lately trying to catch up on all the things I missed during the dark ages before I discovered AKB48. :D It kind of reminds me of Heavy Rotation, too - which is a very good thing in my book. And I agree that it's time for a light, upbeat party song. Love the dresses, too! :inlove: The thirty second loop from the website hasn't gotten old yet! I may have to go order this one.

20. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Agree, that's why I said that I think that the PV will be striking...