Single AKB48 31st [Sayonara Crawl] 13/05/22

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 27, 2013.

1. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    HEY3SP 2013.07.01 uploaded by 難波 鶏卵

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jxh3FybnuE[/yt]

2. kingmar

kingmar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Sayonara Crawl drops to #31 this week with 2742 copies in its sixth week.
    Total sales is at 1,940,770.

Incidentally So Long continues to sell into its fifth month, with 1,627 sales for #48.

3. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Yeah, but single is more than the lead song. The A, K, and B songs all are terrific and Hasute to Wasute is terrific fun. In addition, all of the pvs for the back-up songs are amazing. This is a terrific single, even granting the validity of your point about the lead song. I also went to a hand shake event, so I find it to be a delightful and terrific single.

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Does anyone know how the sales are going? [think]

5. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

I also wanna know too! Has it reached 1,950,000 yet?

6. kingmar

kingmar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I stopped tracking it because I assumed people didn't care anymore.
    #45 this week with 1,605 copies in its eighth week.

No idea how many sales since I don't have last week's data anymore, but I'm estimating about 2,500 sales last week (#33) which would give an approximate total of 1,944,875.

Should hit 1.95m in about a month or so

7. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    our wiki48 has its on oricon page for sales too, and it's updated daily/weekly
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Oricon
    the current sales for SayoKuro are

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

It's quite close, but I guess the 2M landmark will have to wait...

9. Ale_Honmayan

Ale_Honmayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    is there any single that has reached 2Million sales?
    is sayocrawl the most selling single?

sorry if my question is too obvious
    i really dont know :eek:

10. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

Yes, Sayonara Crawl is the best selling single, but it didn't sold 2 million copies (at least yet). Wiki48 have a list with all the numbers.

11. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Yes, it is a stroke of genius to sell the CD with voting ballots to keep up the sales. Otherwise, the curve slopes downward, KFC can be the first CD that did not sell 1 million.

12. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

AKS will try anything to get sales - as they should as a business. But it isn't a priority. As you said, the numbers the 48 groups have are incredible. Anything over a million is great, so its not like they have to worry about stuff.
    KFC won't have problems and I doubt the cool single will either. Some of the top members may be leaving/transferring, but there are so many girls to pick talent from.

13. hobolic

hobolic Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mogishinobu
    Music Station did an episode about Japanese double-million-sellers (CDs by Japanese artists that sold over 2 million copies) the week Sayo Crawl was released, and there are apparently heaps of artists who have already achieved this (SMAP, Southern All Stars, Bz, Mr Children, just to name a few).

Most of them took weeks or even months to reach this figure, but a couple of them only took 1-2 weeks ... i forgot who they are though ... does anyone remember / know?

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

15. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    and btw. let's not forget - No HS tickets or general election votes were involved in those cases...

16. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    They were a long time ago. It's next to impossible, now.

17. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

SMAP's single was only released in 2003. It's not too long ago. But for AKB to get 2m would be hard and would only be possible with election singles. Its too hard to prioritise one group over another or choose CDs over DVDs etc - election time is really the only time people justify spending huge amounts.

18. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    2003 is a decade ago. A different era. I think the first time I used the internet was in 2004, and that was dial-up. A lot has changed. Forget piracy, SMAP's single didn't face competition with it's digital self, as AKB currently does (AKB actually sells very well on the digital market. Especially for idols). There's a lot of other factors in as well. The big artists will never be as big as the old ones were. In physical sales, anyway.

19. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

10 years is a while, but its not huge in comparison to the other songs on the list. There are many factors that have changed and I never said they'd make it. But 2mil isn't a huge deal. It just kinda seems greedy - we want them to get another award or something. Why? They've got plenty already and having an award for boosted sales a la election seems, not cheating, but not quite fair?

20. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

While I agree on your point on the insignificance of mark, I don't agree in the 10 year being insignificant, not when that 10 year includes the popularization of one of the greatest invention for mankind, the Internet.

Kayo Kyoku also did a top 50 selling songs in Showa period (1989-on ward) and for as much as Manatsu no Sounds Good get sold (1.85 million), it was only 29th ( or somewhere around there) on that list. You can even see a clear line that almost all the song on that list are Pre-2003. In fact, SMAP's Sekai Ichi was also the last million seller until Beginner (with exception of Seishurn Amigo in 2005, popularized by 2 top male idol and drama of the year) and that single was helped by being written by Makihara Noriyuki, arguably Japan's most popular and best-selling solo creator-singer in it's history.

Also these list only now list Oricon sales while there are still plenty of "unofficial" sale Pre-80s with plenty of songs that have 3+ million sales so are you suggestion all those 60s and 70s song are all tons more better than the songs in the 80s and 90s?

It's like drama rating, 25%-30% used to be norm in Japan drama for top rating of the season but nowadays 18% would be enough to secure that spot. Which makes Matsushima Nanako's Kaseifu drama last year all the more amazing when it averages about 28% rating with one episode hitting 40%.

BTW, did a bit research on my own and here is the result, based in Japanese and Chinese wiki page, the top 100 selling song in Japan that have recognized sales figure, 11 songs are released post-2001 made the list. And only four are none-AKB (the list includes SC right now at 26). And all four also had benefit of being theme songs for the top rated prime-time drama of their respective years. And both SMAP and Amuro also got the benefit of having two top songwriters in collaboration making their comeback after scandals .

Amuro Namie "Can You Celebrate?" in 2001(14th)
    Utada Hikaru "Can You Keep a Secret?" In 2001 (82nd)
    SMAP's "Seikai Ichi no Hana" in 2003 (9th)
    Shuji & Akita "Seishun Amigo" in 2005 (61st)

In comparison in 2000 along, there are 5 songs along that make the list:

Southern All Star, "Tsunami" (3rd)
    Fukuyama Masaharu, "Sakura Zaka" (13th)
    MISIA "Everything" (29th)
    Utada Hikaru "Wait&See~ Risk~" (52nd)
    SMAP " Lionheart" (73rd)

There is an obvious line there around 2000-2001 that coincidental with the rise of Internet and change from disc based media to digital files, even despite the fact Japan's digital download market never took off the way rest of the world did.

I still remember in 2000 I'm living in school dome has is billed to be one of the first university dorm that is wired with high-speed T1 connection when rest of dome in school still don't have them yet because my dorm is the academic dorm. And the only reason we can do that was because my school along with MIT were the leading reasercher on fiber-optic technology and the dorm is used as test subject.

Source:

http://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%AD%B ... C%E3%83%88

http://zh.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/日本最暢銷單曲列表

Lastly, according to that list, there are 24 recognized 2-million sellers.