Single AKB48 42nd [Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby] 15/12/09

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 27, 2015.

1. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    I just watched Senaka Kotoba (Takahashi Minami Graduation Song) MV- LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. It symbolizes how I've felt about Takamina's role in the group (even though some others here don't believe it) and the burden she's felt.

2. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Okay wait, what?

When did she say this? And... how on earth are any of her recent senbatsu spots "bad positions"? That's crazy talk.

I dearly hope that's just bad translation or assumption, because if not, homegirl needs to wake up and realize that she's big in TWO 48G groups and can't be the star of both lol

3. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    She said she cried when she was put in the back for BwT and I believe she even expressed disappointment about this in her sousenkyo speech.

4. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Congratulations to AKB48 for being the highest-selling single seller of all time! :ome:

But yeah, I had a feeling this would go either way. It would either go a million in the first day or it doesn't. In that case, the latter happened. And if that happens, then depending on how much they sold in the first day, it will either attempt to continue the million-seller-in-a-week streak...or it doesn't, and it's pretty likely this would end the million seller streak.

I don't know why in my mind I am asking this question of "whether the upcoming AKB48 single will break a million in the first week" - for the past two years or so! :O But with Takamina graduating (in other words, leaving) AKB48 pretty soon, I had a feeling this could happen really soon.

My feeling is: AKB48 isn't the same without Takamina - especially permamently! But I realized it's Takamina centering the single...

I'm still pretty sure AKB48 will still be popular and continue to rack up #1 singles and albums over the upcoming months and years to come, even without Takamina. But I have a feeling could this be the REAL start of the AKB48 decline...

Anyways, is there any reason why the first day sales numbers were significantly lower than previously? I know this is a single that contains request hour votes, but I'm speculating maybe because it's too close to another recent release (0 to 1 no Aida singles collection album), and/or EXILE (yes, EXILE - the boys who have been stealing AKB48's hearts in the recent Japan Record Awards) is also releasing a new single that may be diluting sales numbers? Or is it something else...?

5. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    what are you talking about? Takamina and Sayanee are the only two to sell out all their handshake slots this year. check the stats online if you don't believe me.

Sakura and Mayu have an all-time low as well these past few months. In fact, same with Sasshi and Kojiharu. They had a few 0/30 recently (meaning not a single slot was sold out, meaning there were more tickets than there was demand.)

If you can't find a link or can't understand Japanese, here's the link to a few translated posts (not the best site to use but no one else bothers to translate this stuff):

http://www.********.com/2015/11/26/te-sale-akb48-42nd-sg-kuchibiru-ni-be-my-baby-re-sale-round-1/
    http://www.********.com/2015/11/21/...a-doesnt-sell-out-shimazaki-030-6th7th-round/
    http://www.********.com/2015/11/06/...ecomes-a-030-member-42nd-single-hs-2nd-round/

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  6. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    because this year = always been, lmao, i'm done :rolleyes: Yuko was a HS beast back in the days, same with everyone else i listed (some more than other), but in no case have i seen Takamina in the top 2 HS sellers for any single of AKB.

funny how all the sources you gave me is from the 42nd single which Takamina doesn't participate in. :lol: please gimme the japanese sources if you have cuz i can find them, thanks

7. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    You don't have to be so defensive. If you search through the website you will find the hs sales for the older singles. Takamina and Sayanee were top two for Halloween Night. I don't remember about BwT. I read my old post and I noticed my mistake. I left an important part of info out. It should have said "they have always been the top two ever since the beginning of the year". So yes, Takamina has been in the top 2 before. You said she never was.

Edit: I found a list of the best sellers for Halloween Night but it's on a forum with no source so I'm not sure if it counts as evidence but maybe someone here can provide a link for me. Anyway, the top 4 for Halloween Night are

1. Sayanee
    2. Takamina
    3. Sakura
    4. Jurina

Everyone else didn't sell out.

8. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
  9. ArashNine

ArashNine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    Takamina's always been a top HS seller, no one can deny that, but does no one here think that her sales this year can be attributed (at least in part) to the fact that she's graduating?

10. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    What do you mean they're the only ones to sell out? If you're talking about the first round then only Sayanee has sold out. And Sakura has been 2nd not Takamina. And Sasshi hasn't had any 0/30.

And why are you linking the latest single where Takamina didn't even take part?

HN after 2nd resale: http://mastiff.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/akb/1438077247/611

11. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I'm not so sure "if the million streak is over = management can try new things"
    It could just as easily be the opposite, " if million streak ends, do more and more of the exact same thing to get it back again"
    I kind of see it going the 2nd way

12. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    I think it's a terrible idea to go back to 16-nin senbatsu now. I hope in the next single they expand to 48, but:
    • no sister group members (requires conflicting release date)
    • only members from 9th gen and later OR members born April 2, 1993 and later
    • Wasamin must debut in senbatsu (her birth date is January 30, 1995)

13. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Sorry for asking silly question...
    I'm totally new here..
    The HS 0/30 or 30/30.. what does that mean?
    u all were discussing about it but I don't really get it..:^^;:

By the way, I listened to all the songs in this single.. Funny cause the main A-side is my least favourite..
    I actually loves all the B-sides..
    I think they'll reach a million sales.. just an instinct..

14. Jenya

Jenya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    with above comment I see anti-AKB site and it so funny to read XD

I think KBMB will sale 1ml in 1st week, let's see

15. A(KB)gent048

A(KB)gent048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    In my opinion the management should try discovering more senbatsu girls from AKB and not sister groups, also including the middle gens, like maybe Mariyannu? Komari? Miyu? Or even Kana, trying maybe the NGZK style, where almost all their members have at least once senbatsu, thus it may help their group gain more attention and popularity in any ways.

16. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    In short the 0/30, 30/30 etc. refers to the individual handshale events. When a single goes on sale for preorder each member has a certain amount of "slots" where they are available at the handshake events. During the preorder sale some people will keep a tally of how many of each member slots has sold out, according to Chara-ani and the King Records website. So, when someone says 30/30 they are saying that a member sold out all 30 of their available slots. 15/30 would mean they sold 15 of their 30 slots, and so on and so forth.

So the debate on the previous pages was about whether or not Takamina is a top seller (or more specifically one of the Top 2 sellers) at AKB handshake events. Historically she has always been among the big sellers, meaning that you could usually count on her to sell out most or all of her slots. Since she announced her graduation last year her tickets became more high in demand for obvious reasons. So I am sure this year her slots were among the fastest to sell out. But prior to this year it wasn't so much that way.

17. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ooo... thank you for the answer...
    the HS system is something new to me.. hehe

18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

AKB48's 42nd Single (2nd Day Sales)
    Day 2:
    31,921 (Total: 844,965) (1st)

Past Day Sales
    Day 1: 813,044 (1st)

19. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
  20. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Sales might slide for AKB, but AKI-P total bottom line is still increasing as he adds more groups to family.