Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    This one was slightly better than the rest, but that's not saying much since this song done live is horrible lol. Atsuko looked lost at the beginning then she kind of saved herself by hugging Sakura lol.

2. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

look like she (Acchan) look at Paruru, who probably made some funny face or gesture

3. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Everyone seems so critical and needing to say something negative. The girls look great in this performance, I love seeing the grads on stage, I still haven't begun to get tired of the song itself, and I kind of like the ''goofiness'' that I'm seeing. I simply don't understand people's reactions. I absolutely love what I see. My two cents.

4. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

not everyone, this song IMO is the best since BWT and the best first single of the year from give me five

5. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I have to say, I love KwM but only the next gen and the PV/ studio version. Those versions are really nice to listen and their coupling tracks (at least of the Types, I brought) all are nice. The PV is beautiful too - it's really sad that the performances are such a mess (but tbh, the senbatsu in the full version has feeled performed the song less often then unders have done so xD)

6. trxsh

trxsh Member

Yay, we got an Mste with the grads
    It's much better than the first performance. I think all the close-ups and beauty shots were appropriate since it's a ballad
    I like that you can hear them singing. Acchan's live vocals are very... distinct throughout haha. Also her blank face at 2:41while Yui's hugging her was hilarious.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  7. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    The song itself is great, as well as the performing girls, very beautiful. But the choreography is just messy. Don't they understand that the choreography is a part for the group to present itself well to the public in a media appearance? But, nonetheless, the song itself is good and the girls are pretty-looking.

8. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I wish they wore the outfit from the PV, coz the casual theme us too boring for me

But the grads doe, especially Yuko! It's like she never left! While Acchan looked like she rather stay at home and netflix and chill than doing this idol thing again and as for Mariko & Tomochin (& Takamina) they look exactly like guest stars

9. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Everyone is saying the performances are ''messy'' and ''disjointed'' or ''uncomfortable'' but I still like them. It's almost as though the girls are being told. ''look, do whatever you want during the intro, improvise stuff with anyone nearby if you'd like, just be on mic when you need to be''. It's novel, it's different. With every other song's performance, you're going to get the EXACT SAME choreography regardless of who's performing. With this song, it's seems a little different each time it's done. I'm liking it. But it appears I'm in the minority. Oh, well.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  10. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

@richard durbano The problem is that the girls look really stiff and awkward during those parts, so instead of making it fun and having every performance be different from each other, they look like they have no idea what to do and have these frozen smiles on their faces... that's what ruins it. And I think it's mostly due to the fact that there's an evident lack of chemistry between sebatsu members. Girls are no longer as close to each other as they were back in the Golden Era (obviously because of many factors, like the increase of the sheer number of members, and the senpai-kouhai distance between the relationship of a lot of them) and this means that they are not comfortable enough with each other to play it off as random friends doing random fun things all out of the black.

Also, many of the new gen aces have a very normal and sweet appeal (Annin, Renacchi, Paruru, Yuihan, Sakura...) so it hurts this performance too because they lack the larger than life personality that is required to make improvisations look and feel fun. It makes me particularly sad to see Yuria who was a firecracker in SKE being such a bore since she was transferred because orthodox idols seem to have become the flavor dujour in AKB senbatsu. But that's just personal preference, because I prefer my idols to be wild and crazy in general.

11. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Heck, I don't even want them to go wild, I just would like them to be lively and actually show that they're having the time of their life out there! :lol:

12. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Yeah, the problem isn't in the choreo itself, but because it seems that there are lots of adlib parts in the choreo, thus needed the chemistry to make it work.

13. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Normally that "adlib" stuff is heavily rehearsed. They probably just didn't bother because they didn't have a lot of practices.

14. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

But if there are more chemistry between the members, I'm sure it would work better. So if right now Team 4 perform KwM, assuming they have the same amount of practice as the senbatsu member, it probably would turn out better.

15. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^I think a comparison with the Kimi wa Melody AKBINGO version (AKB48 10th gen+) works. Just in general, the closer the girls are by generation and the more time they actually spend together, the better the chemistry works. As opposed to girls who come from different groups or that hardly have time together for other reasons.

Personally, I think a live performance of LALALA Message with the AKB48 Jisedai senbatsu would give us a better answer. So far there is only the official music video for comparison. But in terms of chemistry I think the MV shows that they enjoy themselves together naturally.

16. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    Kimi wa Melody on Music Station Dailymotion backup

^ A good comparison would be Team 8's Issho no Aida ni and Henanchoko live performance where there are a lot of adlib and sweet moments between members

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. Azralix

Azralix Kenkyuusei

Yuko looked amazing and energetic while acchan looked a bit bored, kind of like she was asking herself "why am I here?"

On the subject on chemistry, how much did we actually get the chance to see? We only see what the camera shows us, and it was definitely more biased towards some members than others.

18. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    So nothing new ;)

19. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    the most exciting part of the KwM Msuta performance was Kame's totally bored face during the talk part lol

20. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka