Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    I like how in the choreography every girl has a decent screen time. Obviously this is not the full performance, but it looks pretty cool regardless. The dance is fun, I found myself doing the hand movements for the "Jabaja" part in the chorus today.

2. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    they really should have featured the choreography more in the MV... somehow it works better when you see it with the song rather than cutting to random extras every other shot.

3. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    awesome performance,i like the choreo a lot.
    i hope they perform it on AKB48 SHOW!

4. trxsh

trxsh Member

The live band sounds really good. Man I wish Naachan had a different song, she's an awesome, energetic center. I also thought Sakura looked sharper than usual in the choreography? (and she looks good in those shorts!!)

I'm thinking they could have gone about putting the promotional materials together better because the live performances make me like the song a bit better, it had potential.

For example:
    NO ❌ to random running on the beach in seifuku scenes and slow-motion-walking in neon booger outfits scenes.
    Yes ✔ to interesting and non-generic storyline scenes and proper dance cuts in pretty pinstripe outfits.

5. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Sis I have something to say but I'm a god fearing person and I don't want to get banned.

IDK I love the PV. Everyone looked beautiful. The production was superb. I can't imagine a storyline for this meaningless song. The only other thing I can think of is them dancing in a 'club' but that'll be boring.

6. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    1 question: what is the reason why Okada is the only member who keeps wearing long pants instead of skirt like other member? And pls don’t tell me about those LGBT crap...

7. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    same reason as Sasshi's hat in KFC ;) stand out

8. mayushimen

mayushimen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    We don't have the full pvs yet?

9. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

and the rainbow flag and the drag queens on KFC

10. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    to stand out more from the other members since she's center.

11. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Did she actually? I thought it was funny before reading your spoiler because Nana means 7... but that's just too good to be true

For me it's funnily the opposite lol I always get random members in the singles, and I got Mayuyu in Thumbnail and Sasshi in Bokutachi wa, ...

I don't have hard copies of the previous albums (yet) but with my luck, I'll probably get Acchan buying 1830m [hehe]

12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

All right, I'll tell you the reason.

Jabaja is a disco throwback. Guess what was the most iconic style of dress for the dance floor during the 70s disco era?
    [​IMG]

13. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Wearing pants as outfit isn't 'LGBT' stuff...

You guys seriously weren't there when Sae acted as a guy in Majisuka or when Sayaka was going around singing cute songs with pants, were you?

14. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

Iirc several members were wearing long trousers during a heart ereki performance. I don't think I saw much complaint tbh

Edit : it was the music station and akb48 show performances

15. Silenka

We should expect them in any songs that are based on music from the 60s and 70s, which includes Heart Ereki and Halloween Night (and a whole bunch of others...)

16. trxsh

trxsh Member

It's not like youre not allowed to disagree but if it's just for the sake of starting shit then, yes. Just think of Jesus.

The production quality of the PV was good but I found it really lacking otherwise.
    Halloween night had a dancing in the club thing that looked cute and fun. I mean not amazing but better.

They could do a story though. If you want an example (just off the top of my head though) some kind of action drama concept would suit the beat and feel of the song. Not the lyrics clearly, but it could be like a fun parody-type thing. They could do whatever they want.
    But you take what you get, whatevs

Oh and there's no excuse for bell-bottoms. AKB isnt bringing it back, it looks bad. Our poor LGBTQ queen.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  17. Silenka

Yeah I mean who wears bellbottoms, especially if they were their mom's and especially to school, am I right? *sweats*

18. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Can't wait for all the full MVs to come out (especially NGT).

19. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    So, SakamichiAKB and NGT songs save the single for me. Watching that Jabaja performance, honestly, Naachan feels more a substitute instead of a center. Maybe because the song does not fit her or it wasnt her best performance, but 0 center charisma to me

20. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Sneaky AKS putting OgiYuka's cover on the B-type while the NGT song is on the D-type. I wanted only to buy one copy but now I am struggling if I should buy 2.