Single AKB48 54th [NO WAY MAN] (2018/11/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Ponsaradesu

Ponsaradesu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    this song is so goood I could see a good choreo coming *looking at girls dance in ann*
    hope it got a good mv I think it would be perfect ....
    but would sakura and nako ever perform the song or they already left?
    well I would be mad since it supposed to be their goodbye single ...

2. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I've listened to KPOP for 9 years already and this doesn't sound KPOP especially how the chorus sounds.

I like the song but I kind of expected more since they were hyping it to be a dance heavy song. Hopefully the MV delivers!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

if the video does not show watch the video here
    From the description
    【MV full】NO WAY MAN / AKB48[Official] Lyrics : Yasushi Akimoto / Music : Junya Maesako、Yasutaka.Ishio / Arrangement : APAZZI Title song of AKB48 54th Maxi Single「NO WAY MAN」 This work is the「last single before becoming exclusive to IZ*ONE」for HKT48 Sakura Miyawaki (center), HKT48 Nako Yabuki, and AKB48 Hitomi Honda, who will become exclusive to IZ*ONE after its debut in Korea on 10/29. Keep your eye out for the ghastly facial expressions of the members who express their「AKB48 Soul」with all their might through the most brutally difficult dance in all of AKB48 history, which is completely different from MVs that show the cuteness of idols!

Some more description about it in http://akb.kingrecords.co.jp/cd/002786.html
    Sasshi is not in it due to poor physical condition when they filmed the MV.

More about it on Oricon https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2122154/full/
    Choreo is by Ruu from Fabulous Sisters https://twitter.com/fabulous_runa (she also handled Make Noise)
    MV director is Hishikawa Seiichi (I think he is this guy unless there is another Hishikawa Seiichi that is working as a director https://twitter.com/sei_hishikawa)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    OMG... i'm speechless for 5:18 minutes

MV Quality: 7.5/10
    overall + Music : 8/10

tbh, this quite cheap for setup place & property, they shoot more on dance moves & just give an special effect

yeah, at least this one of the best released in 2018 for me

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 5
  5. desuki

desuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    i got migraine from watching the PV! T_T

• Agree Agree x 13
  6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I actually really like the MV. I like this effect that they used to make everything grey except the red colours. The editing was pretty cool imo and I hope to see a choreo MV, or at least the girls that perform it at some point inevitably deliver well. The song itself is a bit weak imo (I hadn't heard it until now in case it was released on ANN or smth before) and I expected more K-Pop, cause it still sounds very J-Pop to me, but there's still the Produce 48 B-Side, so I wonder what that's gonna sound like. All in all, I really liked it ^^

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I did not expect that MV lol It kind of reminds me of a more seizure inducing version of Perfume's Flash because of the empty space.

I may be biased but Naachan did so well and she was in the center a lot.

• Like Like x 5
  8. DavidBuenafuente

DavidBuenafuente Kenkyuusei

Is sasshi even in the music video? i cant even say half of the senbatsu bc i didnt see them i saw the same ppl over and over i iwshed a little bit more of other members

After a few listens i like the song

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영

Umm... I will need to watch the video a few times more before making my mind, but the visuals are good so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. mayushimen

mayushimen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I love the choreo, is the best part. I'm sad that Sasshi is not in, i hope she perform w/ the group.

But, where is the covers?

11. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I was trying to find the senbatsu staples and for some reason I couldn't find Sasshi, turns out she's not in the video!

12. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    CD cover not released yet (?)

13. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

My first impression after watching it was like "does this choreography even match the song?", the type of messy choreo that k46 usually do but actually is a really good pv and I think it's quite nice they are doing this with the main brand because they are saying to the new fans "hello, akb can also be like this".

The song and pv is way better than Teacher Teacher, at least for me [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I find it kinda funny that both Teacher x2 and NWM were supposed to look Kpop inspired but they ended up looking like something Hello! Project or another dance oriented Jpop act would put out.
    No complains tho, I love that side of Jpop.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  15. okayuki

okayuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    okayuki
    the MV is wonderful , the best single for me since River and Beginner. I love it! I hope they can perform at leat one time in TV with all of the senbatsu...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    That............ did not leave a good taste in my mouth

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    oh ok I kind of love it now lol. It's definitely a hype song for me. The chorus sounds great and the choreography looks hella intense. We haven't really had an intense dance like that from AKB in awhile.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I think No Way Man video looks cool. The dancing looks messy, which reminds me of K46's recent choreography, but the editing makes it better with sharp transitions between takes and contrasting colors! Unlike K46's Ambivalent video, whose 90% focus is on Hirate, NWM video gives spotlight to members (Yukirin, Juri, Hitomi, to name a few) other than the center (Sakura). This is what I like best

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Shitsuren

Shitsuren Kenkyuusei

Okay, I LOVED the song together with the PV! Not at all what I expected. The only complaints I have are that you really can't see a lot of the members that aren't in front because of how wild everything is and that it looked a bit messy in some parts because there are just so many girls!

But overall I loved it. Even the messiness fit the song? The colors and styling for the girls are super nice and I even like the costume! I really enjoy songs with this kind of aggressive energy, reminds of songs like Beginner and UZA, which are some of my favorites. (and if the worst comes to pass and Sakura won't be able to center this for promotions next month, I NEED Naachan to do it in her place)

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. lolipopo

lolipopo Kenkyuusei

You can see some of the girls struggling to catch up with the choreo lol.

The video is pretty rad tho. Love the contrast of those 2 colours.

• Agree Agree x 3