Single AKB48 57th [Shitsuren, Arigatou] (2020/03/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

A-side MV is pretty basic/nothing special, but it's a nice video all things considered. The thing I like most is that it takes color theory to heart and includes a lot of colors throughout to bring what would've otherwise been a very dull watch to life. Regarding Minegishi Minami's graduation song, I like the song's tune, I like what I'm hearing from the lyrics, I don't like that so much of it is her soloing. It feels like for the small amount of singing that the other girls were given to do in the song the thing may as well have been a solo song.

Like nobody thought about balancing the ratio of how much solo she should have in the song vs how much group vocal there should be. When it was revealed that this wouldn't be a solo song I was hoping for something like Yume no Kawa, Saigo no Door, Namida no Sei Janai, Tsuyosa to Yowasa no Aida de, or Senaka Kotoba. It's a shame it's lyrics are distributed the way they are because the score piece itself is really nice. I really wish that they would've distributed the lyrics in a way that I could've really felt those bonds that Minegishi Minami had formed with the girls selected for this shine through whenever I listen to it rather than the bonds between them feeling like an afterthought.

2. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    To be fair, AKB has never been a strong youtube performer. It's been three years (this was before NGT fiasco and some prominent members were still active) since Shoot Sign MV release and it's still stuck at 2.5M :fear:

I'm a little disappointed with the MV tbh, because I was expecting rain visual. Can't they hire MV director who can do jacket CD shot in one package? I like it when their CD cover visual matches the MV. The set is cute tho, I'll give them that.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Erbeon

Erbeon Member

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    I totally agree with AnToNa. AKB has never been strong YouTube performer. Also strategy of AKB... Sorry, they have not any strategy. They should follow world trends and make some teasers for MV(like SKE in last time) and connect style of covers with A-side.

Also my friend has told me about one interesting fact which is really important. MV has to many cuts and it's impossible to keep eye on some scene currently. Cuts are making MVs quite chaotic and nervous, there's no flow.

BUT! There's one thing which is really nice about "Shitsuren, Arigatou". This song is so catchy... Since yesterday I've in my mind refrain.... And can't kick it outside :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I really like the dance outfits until it cut to a wider shot and THOSE SHOES.

But overall it's just an okay pleasant A side and MV to me, but I suppose that isn't the worst thing. I also enjoyed all the bright and varied colors both in the MV and jackets.

• Like Like x 1
  6. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I like Minegeshi sotsugyo song and Team 8 song. But a-side... just tragedy! both song and MV. Every song in this single MUCH MORE better than a-side. Also MV looks like a cheeap b-side. Soooo flat!
    I don't have this feelings "woah... this is a national japanese group #1" when I watch AKB's MV anymore. :cry::cry::cry:
    Covers OK!
    :fp: so sad...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Mata Aeru Hi Made MV (full ver)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Omoide My Friend MV (short ver)

Jitabata MV (short ver)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Midori

Midori Member

Isn't that the full video for Mata Aeru Hi Made? It just says MV and it's the full song.

That MV though, it was so simple but as soon as I realized what all the chairs symbolized... :cry2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    My opinion
    Mata Aeru Hi Made: The song is beautiful and the MV too. Got tears in my eyes while watching it :cry2:

Omoide My Friend: A cute song with a cute MV. Nothing really outstanding to me but still nice

Jitabata: I like the latin vibe of the song and the dance is great

• Like Like x 2
  11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Apologies, yes, I've made a correction to my post.

12. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I think Miichan's graduation MV is just simply stunning ... it's of course packed full of symbolism, the empty chairs ... the candles ... Miichan and her children look lovely.
    I'm ultra sad and happy at the same time

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Omoide My Friend - is cute and catchy but that's about it. The MV is nice though.

Jitabata - not really a big fan of this type of music, but I like the dance part of the MV.

Mata Aeru Hi Made - both the song and MV is simple and touching. I actually cried after watching the MV and realized the symbolism/meaning of the chairs. :cry2: Nevertheless, it's a proper graduation song to Miichan.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    I just want to point out that the candles are pink, the colour of AKB48.

That MV is only of the few MV of AKB48 that managed to impressed me recently.

About the A-side, people who said the cut scene is too fast, I also just want to point out that the match the cuts with the beat. Listen to it carefully and you will notice. I'm actually also impressed with the editing. Still, it does feel like an advertisement for what comes after by 5G

Last but not least, I think Jitabata is the best song, but I think it has the worst MV overall. It breaks badly and the lighting is just horrible. The girls look as if they're zombies.

• Like Like x 3
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    They posted the MV explanations on the AKB48 blog
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12580893640.html

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  16. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

The graduation song music festival that was popular last year will be broadcast again this year! !
    Live broadcasting for 4 hours from 7:00 on March 16, 2020 (Monday)! !

Luxurious artists celebrate your graduation with a special live show! !
    Live details will be announced soon!
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/cdtv/sp_spring2020/

Today's video is...
    AKB48 makes a big fuss at Hiragana Karaoke!
    "Hiragana Karaoke" is a game in which a person who turns over a card (carta) with 50 hiragana characters and sang the song starting with that letter quickly wins.
    AKB48 members are Minegishi Minami, Kashiwagi Yuki, Yokoyama Yui, Mukai Mine, and Mizui Yamauchi decorating the first center with the 57th single "Breaking Love, Thank You"!
    What's the winner of this game, which has an exciting moment?
    What a shock!?

PS: Translated into the google translator.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    And the chair Miichan choose to sit on was her position in Sakura no Hanabiratachi indie single cover. Back row, second from right. It was only 20 members back then, because Mariko wasn't added yet. Hence the addition of 1 chair in the mv.

I also want to point out that when all the members lit another pink candles, only Naachan lit a white candle, for STU.

• Like Like x 2
  18. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Like everyone has said, Mata Aeru Hi Made MV is beautiful and I'd like to see how it's performed, especially at her gradcon. Like will they keep the empty chairs and perhaps some of the first gen will come and fill them in?

Miichan putting her nearly gone candle into the water and having it float away got me a bit.

• Like Like x 5
  19. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I've had this discussion in YouTube as well, if you watch later on in the MV there are several white candles (the short ones), so I think people are reading to much into this.

but ... I should add, there is one chair a bit offset from the rest on the left, that's Mariko-sama's chair
    [​IMG]
    Euh, that's a different candle ... the candlestick she's holding at the start won't float for sure
    (and this is at the midpoint, later on they are shown holding their respective candles again)
    (I'm sorry if I ruined the idea :( )

but is a nice image of setting the flame of AKB free on it's own course

ow, ... and they could have gone with a closing image of all those 1st gen candles extinguished ...
    but, no, their (the graduated members') flames still burn ... as in their legacy is still there

btw, from what I read there were many tears during the shooting
    Komiharu's twitter:
    https://twitter.com/912_komiharu/status/1237017834858770435
    =============================
    このMV撮影の日は、 スタジオ入って泣いて… 歌詞読んで泣いて… 峯岸さんと目合ったら泣いて…って 撮影の顔じゃなかったです
    ----------------------------------------------------
    On the day of this MV shooting, I cried in the studio ... Read the lyrics and cry ... If you meet Minegishi, cry ... It was not the face of the shooting
    ----------------------------------------------------
    video of Komiharu and Miichan
    https://twitter.com/912_komiharu/status/1237014704863600641

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  20. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I'm a bit confused why you're being so literal, especially for an MV full of symbolism. ;) It's still a candle that she is holding that she's deliberately putting into the water and pushing it away. It sill symbolizes her, regardless if it's the candle she's holding at the beginning of the MV or not. Also the MV is not edited in chrono order, the candle sizes due to burning are all over the place. It also shouldn't be too much of a leap to think Miichan could be doing something symbolic for her graduation in the middle of her MV that doesn't match up visually at the end. I'm just kind of surprised this is a point to argue?

If we're to take this video literally, they probably went through several candles to make this MV so Miichan probably has 50 candles. Also candles can be transferred to different bases, so if it must be the same candle for you, we can imagine or assume that the candle was transferred to a floating base. (I mean logistically it probably wasn't, but if that's going to be more satisfying for you then let's roll with it)

• Like Like x 3