AKB48 Battle Unit Matsuri: Concepts

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Theatre' started by disneyanime91, Jun 9, 2013.

1. disneyanime91

disneyanime91 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    From Japan's National Idol group, comes a brand-new, high-octane fighting game!

Support your Oshimen in AKB48's first martial arts tournament, as a Solo fighter or with a partner in 2-member Units!
    Battle across Japan on the 48 Project's most famous stages, including the Akihabara Theatre, Tokyo Dome, Nissan Stadium, Budokan, as well as on the PV sets of AKB48's best hits!
    Utilize powerful, impressive MIX attacks to take down your opponent and battle your way to the Center position!

A live battle never seen before!
    Here in world-famous Akihabara,
    These angels have come down to fight for you

ARE YOU READY?

This is just a concept that came to mind while I was playing AKB1/149, and I thought to myself: What if AKB48 decided to branch out into mainstream game genres? Not just dating sims, but things like action-adventures, RPGs and fighting games?

So here's my first pitch, and a short-term hypothetical project I'll be working on for character concepts and to keep my drawing skills from going rusty. I will be doing up short character profiles, mostly as a way to showcase my artwork for critique (directed to my deviantArt profile). Thank you, and I hope you will enjoy what's to come! Of course, feel free to pitch ideas and concepts to me via PM, it would be most welcome!

2. disneyanime91

disneyanime91 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The first challenger has arrived!

[​IMG]
    Fighter Profile:

Takahashi Minami
    AKB48 Team A
    AKB48 General Manager

Strategy: Rushdown
    Ranged 'Grapple Ribbon' attacks are effective anti-air and anti-zoning moves, enabling Minami to quickly close in on opponents to deal damage. A lack of other ranged combat capabilities make this an important part of Minami's strategy, with ribbon attacks able to stun, throw and drag opponents into range.

Hyper MIX 1: Jane Doe
    (Combo) A flurry of hard-hitting strikes, doing heavy damage and flooring the opponent.

Hyper MIX 2: GM Rush
    (Combo) A fast, short combo doing moderate damage that launches the opponent into the air, opening up opportunities for juggling.

Ultimate MIX: 48
    (Grab) If 1st hit lands, leads into a precise, hard-hitting 48-hit combo flurry of attacks, doing massive damage to the opponent.

http://fav.me/d68bvqu

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  3. disneyanime91

disneyanime91 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    [​IMG]
    Fighter Profile:
    Kawaei Rina
    AKB48 Team A

Fighting style revolves around 2 golems summoned with arcane magic, channeled through a device integrated into Kawaei's protective gear. Haste is fast, agile, but low on offensive power, relying on speed to stay out of harm's way with a hit-and-run combat style. Waste is slow but bulky, able to take the hits while dealing out devastating blows of his own. Switching between the two stances allows Kawaei to effectively adapt as the situation calls for it.

Hyper MIX 1: Make Haste
    (Combo) A flurry of strikes, doing moderate damage but with significant pushback, putting significant distance between Kawaei and the opponent by the end of the combo.

Hyper MIX 2: Lay Waste
    (Ranged) A series of hard-hitting ground-pounds, dealing heavy damage at close range, and moderate shockwave damage at long range. Affects downed opponents.

Ultimate MIX: Haste and Waste Made Friends
    (Combo) Summons both Haste and Waste golems in a devastating screen-wide combo, doing massive damage.

http://fav.me/d7kqo33

4. disneyanime91

disneyanime91 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    [​IMG]
    Fighter Profile:
    Watanabe Mayu
    AKB48 Team B

Strategy: Zoning
    Mayu's battle strategy mainly relies on a wide strike range and her arsenal of powerful ranged attacks to keep the opponent at bay. Remote-controlled bombs and drones can be placed on-stage, setting up traps to punish opponents who let their guard down. Rappa Renshuchuu is an excellent anti-air move, and PajamaDrive opens up opportunities for juggling and aerial setups.

Hyper MIX 1: Rappa Renshuuchuu
    (Ranged) Launches a sustained hail of grenades in an arc, doing explosive damage. Can be aimed up or down

Hyper MIX 2: PajamaDrive
    (Combo) Rockets towards the opponent and unleashes a powerful flurry of strikes and slashes that launch the opponent into the air.

Ultimate MIX: Hikarumonotachi
    (Ranged) Calls in a series of devastating orbital strikes that strike across the stage, followed by a screen-length sustained barrage of lasers, homing missiles and machine-gun fire, doing damage in a straight line. Can be aimed up or down.

http://fav.me/d7mqzcs

5. disneyanime91

disneyanime91 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    [​IMG]
    Fighter Profile:
    Yokoyama Yui
    AKB48 Team K Captain

Strategy: Zoning
    A wide variety of shield-based mid- and long-range attacks provide combat effectiveness at range, with fast, low-damage close-range strikes and throws aimed at putting distance between Yui and the opponent, forcing the opponent into positions of vulnerability. Honmayan Countdown is a high-risk, high-reward gamble that offers significant returns in the final stages of a match, with the potential to turn the entire match around in a matter of seconds.

Hyper MIX 1: Honmayan Beam
    (Ranged) Fires a large, sustained energy beam in a straight line from her shield, doing heavy damage.

Hyper MIX 2: Honmayan Thunderbolt
    (AOE) Generates a sustained, powerful field of thunderbolts in a radius around Yui, doing damage.

Ultimate MIX: Honmayan Countdown
    (Status) Initiates a countdown timer of 15 seconds, during which Yui is invincible, does 2x damage (including chip damage), and has uninterruptible (but not unblockable) attacks. Yui loses all remaining health once the timer hits 0.

http://fav.me/d8vylco

6. disneyanime91

disneyanime91 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    [​IMG]
    Fighter Profile:
    Watanabe Miyuki
    NMB48 Team B2/AKB48 Team B

A fast, effective, all-rounded fighter, with a variety of close-range combos and magic ranged attacks to keep opponents guessing. Aerial combos and multi-air-dash capabilities give Miyuki the edge in air-to-air and air-to-ground combat, making up for limited defensive options. Issho ni Chapu-chapu shiyo? is useful in a pinch, while Zipper can be utilized to wreak absolute havoc on opponents.

Hyper MIX 1: Issho ni Chapu-chapu shiyo?
    (Combo) If 1st hit (grab) lands, leads into a heavy-hitting combo that drains the opponent's health and MIX Meter, healing Miyuki for 30% of the damage dealt.

Hyper MIX 2: Zipper
    (Status) Summons two succubi (Akari and Kei) that mirror Miyuki's every move for 10 seconds, one on each side of the enemy, tripling the number of hits dealt to the opponent.

Ultimate MIX: Yasashiku Suru Yori Kisu wo Shite!
    (Counter Combo) Enters a lockdown stance for 3 seconds. If Miyuki is hit by an attack (throws and MIXes included), summons two succubi to unleash a devastating magical combo of hits, kicks and arcane blasts, finished by smashing the opponent into the ground. Otherwise, once the 3 seconds are up, fires a short, sustained beam of energy that deals moderate damage over 3 seconds.

http://fav.me/d8wcsoh

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  7. disneyanime91

disneyanime91 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    [​IMG]
    Fighter Profile:
    Matsui Rena
    SKE48 Team E

Strategy: Multi-role
    Rena's attacks center around the use of her range of weapons and gadgets, maximizing combat effectiveness at almost any range. Swordswoman Stance grants access to combo chains and explosive grenades for going on the offensive. In Assassin Stance, fast, agile, hit-and-run attacks with hidden daggers and smoke bombs wear opponents down and keeping them constantly guessing. Rifle attacks provide effective countermeasures at range and, as well as powerful combo finishers. Gekikara Switch is an extremely powerful failsafe option if the match lasts longer than expected, or in the hands of a skilled player, a painful, severe punishment for overconfident opponents.

Hyper MIX 1: Ame no Pianist
    (Combo) If 1st hit (AOE smoke grenade) lands, leads into a series of stealthy strikes and slashes from within the smokescreen, finishing with a point-blank shot to the face, dealing heavy damage and inflicting Bleed status for 10 seconds. Can be performed in mid-air.

Hyper MIX 2: Kareha no Station
    (Ranged) "It's Rena. I've been waiting for a long time but… I... will leave alone." And with those words, fires a sustained volley of explosive rounds towards the opponent in a straight line, dealing heavy damage. Can be aimed up and down.

Ultimate MIX: Gekikara Switch
    (Status) Automatically activated when Rena is KO'ed and Mix Meter is at Level 2 and above. Heals Rena for 50% of total HP, restores MIX Meter to a full 4 bars, while granting 1.5x damage and enhanced, extended Hyper Mix combos as well.

http://fav.me/d8x4jck

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  8. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    These are really awesome! I know it's been like a year since you last post but it'd be awesome if you'd keep it up!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1