Event / Concert AKB48 Manatsu no Dome Tour (13/07/20 - 08/25)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jun 18, 2013.

1. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ Possible Copyright violation troubles?!?

And I thought this is fan(atics) forum where main driving force would be supporting products you care about so with your money they can give you even better service in the future. :fp:

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yep, if the mods haven't said anything must be because they haven't been around/haven't seen it.

People can do whatever they want, but they shouldn't claim it so in the open, and more when it could bring problems to the whole board.

3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i can testify piracy discussion isn't allowed here in stage48. I got warned many times.

They don't force you to do or not do something, it's just we must quiet about it and not brag how we spend less money to get AKB product.

4. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

How rude! :hmm:

As an older fan member when the group was in its infancy, many of us probably bought more merchandise than you younger members now. We don't buy as much as we once did as times/finances have changed. [aup]

Putting links is one thing but just saying that it is available online is another.
    How do you know that fans don't buy the merchandise Later? Many of us do! [aup]

Thank you!

I've even said that myself without lecturing anyone over the years as a fan. Hearing it from other (younger) members still is quite disconcerting. It's living in a dream world where everything is perfect and your view is law. :fp:

Many (younger) members really just don't get that many other fans don't have the means to buy Every little merchandise that's put out. Or else they wouldn't complain about it.

It's available regardless, so live with it! Not all fans have the finances anymore.
    Some fans buy as much as they can afford but would like to view the concerts but can't due to finances. That is understandable.
    Being young and having money doesn't excuse the arrogance. :fp:

This debate has been going around for years amongst the fandom and in this forum! [aup]

As long as you can buy something, not everything unless you're filthy rich, then that's enough. If someone wants to say that something is available, then that's fine, too. Putting a link to materials is another thing which even I avoid. [aup]

/endofrant

5. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I have nothing to add to your rant, Mojo, but since this is about the third time I've seen you go on about 'young' fans, I just want to gently remind you that someone's join date on this forum has nothing to do with their actual age IRL or their length of time in AKB fandom. :^^;:

6. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Watching the Unit Disc and the Single Selection didn't throw me off. It's always good to see the other days where AKB performed. :D

7. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @frblckstr1
    of course, each grad concert ceremony has different setlist I didn't said it was total rip-off. that's why I said Sayaka's grad concert ceremony was much better than Mariko. since if you compare Sayaka and Mariko's theater history. Sayaka has many sub-units and a solo song not to mention being the leader of Team K. while Mariko only has Ue Kara Mariko, Plastic Kuchibiru, Kikyou and Namida no Sei Jainai in her concert. I still haven't watched Tomochin's concert and I haven't watched fully the 7-9 disc yet. but of course 48G Singles are the same each concert. the only songs that makes the difference are the unit songs, solo songs, team songs and of course graduation setlist.

and I don't really recommend illegally downloading it. and besides it will take a big chunk of HDD space in your computer or laptop. it's much better to buy it since as a fan it will be like a time-machine portal to AKB48 history.and of course it is a way of showing support to the group. though I don't know if graduated member have royalties in it.

8. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Sorry.

Getting tired of seeing someone posting the piracy issue as it's been addressed so many times in this forum.

Many of us try to support the girls as much as we can but the fandom has changed so much since the beginning and our personal lives have also changed. I, for one, would like to buy as much merchandise as possible but literally it's financially impossible. Life goes on and you gotta pay the mortgage, food, etc... which I've commented on many times in the past along with other older members in this and other forums.

Let's just enjoy the concert series. [rock]

9. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @MrMojo
    we understand the financial issues but don't go around posting to illegally download something and not expect to be criticize about it.but yeah I agree that let's just enjoy the Manatsu no Dome Tour Concert and let's expect next year. another set of graduation concert :cry:

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Many of us have mortgages to pay. And I agree, sometime it isn't in the budget to buy every release. But it doesn't give anyone a right to download. In fact I did not buy the Dome Tour Box. So I will not be watching it. If I decide I want to watch it later on I will save up to buy it.

There are many releases that I haven't listened to or watched since I didn't buy them.

I'm not going to change the world, and I know many around here feel that the price prohibitive factor gives them a right to piracy. It doesn't. But if you are going to live under that fallacy, have the decency to at least be sheepish about it. I think that is what pisses people off even more than the piracy. The lack of feeling guilty about it.

11. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Points taken.

Thanks!

12. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

I understand the feeling of people who invest a lot more money than others into the franchise, but I feel as if there is some kind of feeling of superiority regarding the amount of money you spend on this which shouldn't be as prominent as it is.
    Personally I did not buy this DVD, as I most definitely can't afford it and don't want to burden anyone else with having to get it for me, but I will probably find a download at some point.
    The issue with AKB more than any other artist is especially where the merchandise is concerned most of the money goes towards company funds anyway and as important as this is I don't think they are too desperate at this point, pretty much monopolizing the mainstream idol industry in pretty much the biggest music industry in the world.
    So I don't personally see the issue. What is really valuable is the genuine support to the girls. Foreign idol fandom - scratch that, the fandom of any Japanese media - is pretty much founded on piracy now. When I first saw an AKB video, did I buy it? No. Did the person who uploaded it buy it? No. Has that video been taken down so less people can access it? Yep.
    Media is media and we should be able to enjoy it without limits. Nothing replaces the feeling of new idol goods but for some there have to be alternatives. If you really love this franchise nothing should restrict how much of it you are able to enjoy

13. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Being old or young, or a newer or older fan, does not dictate how much money you have, or how much you spend on the girl's etc. People with more money still pirate, since it is convenient and saves physical space. Please don't assume its just money that prevents people from getting releases, or their age (I'm quite curious as to why you think younger fans have more money than those who are older - I know many young people who pay rent, petrol etc, and end up with practically $0 after everything, without having any fun).

In any case, its a topic that should be dropped (and people should stop bringing it up - pirating isn't a secret, but its not to be spoken of here).

For my photos, I got double Satou and Jurina. I've watched Mariko and Sayaka's concerts so far. I'm annoyed with the blur effect - I don't care about your stupid fancy editing skills, I just want to see as much of the concert as possible. A lot of camera angles also cut off the girl's forhead or eyes, which is really annoying. Also, I'm paying for the full concert - I expect VTR's to be included. Same for announcements. Its honestly making releases a bit dull - VTRs and announcements are full of emotions and are 48 Group history so I think they should be included. They are part of the concerts and are a huge highlight, so to not include them, apart from leaving a black hole/obvious gap, is a disappointment...

Regarding the talk about Sayaka - just remember there are always the giant screens in the stadium. On DVD, you're only seeing a portion of the concert. People at the concert, apart from being able to see the whole stage, could see the big screens, which often had different footage as to what makes the cut, so while it may seem a member has less time on the release, they could have had far more footage on the actual day itself.
    If anything, I honestly thought Mariko got far less time than Sayaka on the dvds. (I also thought the PuraKuchi dance off thing went on for a tad too long and Mariko looked awkward standing in the back)

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I really didn't want to comment on anything, but...

Sorry, but this sounds a bit like "if you're poor, you don't have the right to enjoy any of this" to me. :wtf:

People have priorities and that's it. I'd rather download a book that I'm gonna eat up in 3 days than spend 20 euros on it to have it getting dust a week later.

I think the board is to discuss the product we're getting and not the way we get it. Just because one downloads a single doesn't mean he has no right to an opinion than the ones who buy it. And that's what a message board is about: opinions.

This doesn't mean I get everything that way, but I do check a lot of stuff (mainly concerts) before investing such amount of money.

So peace out AND LET'S ENJOY ACCHAN'S COMEBACK FOR 10 MISERABLE MINUTES AND NOT TIME MACHINE DAMN YOU, AKI-P! :inlove: :angry: :awesome:

15. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    What Cristafari said is exactly the same as my own personal policy. There have been so many amazing releases from the 48 Group this past half a year that I've wanted to watch, that I can't wait to watch. HKT48's performance during the Rinji Soukai was well-loved among fans and even praised by AkiP himself, and yet, I haven't watched it because I'm saving up money to go to Japan. Same with this Dome Tour, with Mayuyu, Sakura, and Haruppi in Kuchi utsushi no Chocolate - there's no performance I want to see more, but I haven't and won't until I buy it. Quoting for emphasis, because this can't be said more.

This is not discriminating against those that have less money. A lot of us don't have as much money as we'd like. But that doesn't give you a free pass to pirating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, since people asked, the official forum policy regarding piracy is this: For anything easily available outside Japan (i.e. anything that can be shipped internationally through Amazon Japan, HMV, CDJapan, Yesasia, etc.), discussion of pirating it or the posting of links to torrents/downloads is strictly not allowed. When we see it, we will delete your post. Everyone knows where the material is and we can't stop you from torrenting, but if you're going to do it, keep it to yourself and don't brag about it on the forums when many others are doing the best they can to support the girls. You can discuss the actual concert perfectly fine without revealing how you got it, whether legitimate or illegitimate.

For material not easily available outside of Japan/not available to be purchased like Music Station performances, AKBINGO!, etc., the above rules do not apply. I have a great seeding ratio of 48 Group appearances on music shows, actually.

Maybe a lot of people don't know this, but management has confirmed multiple times that they know of the existence of Stage48. How could they not, it's the biggest English AKB48 fansite in the world :) Now, of course, that doesn't mean they check Stage48 regularly, but it doesn't put on a good face to be openly talking about piracy. I like to believe more people buy things than not, anyways.

tl;dr, we can't stop you from pirating, but don't be proud of it and don't post about it here.

16. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Tomochin's graduation was epic. She's without any doubt the beyonec of AKB48. Her last performance was AMAZINGWOW.

17. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Does that rule apply also to Youtube links? These days with browser extension you can download stuff from YT in almost perfect HD quality.

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Obviously not. There's an official AKB channel where they put the videos. If they charged to view the videos, that would be another issue, but youtube is free.

---

Regarding Tomochin's graduation,

I didn't understand seeing Dear J twice in the setlist and I still don't understand it now after watching the concert.
    It's like saying "I don't want my last involvement in AKB to be related to AKB". Was it so hard to finish with SakuraNoHanabira and cross the door then? :wtf:

Also, I feel the Tomo-units dragged on a bit too long. Maybe without thr VTRs it would have been a bit more fluent, but damn... :fp:

I think the thing that excited me the most was the new arrangements for Beginner/UZA/KAzeFui... but it seems they only did those to make people go "wow" at the beginning. The rest of the concert(s) have the same thing we've heard over and over again. :^^;:

19. Drunners

Drunners Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    joeriko
    Received my box this week. abd after being unable to arrange going to Akimoto Sayaka's graduation concert i was happy and glad to get to see what i missed out on. Not alone was the footage well done (not just the concert but also the making off) but also Miyazawa Sae's Mushi no Ballad on day 2 was in there.

and some comment or even downplay what she received, and maybe mismanaged. personally i think she did a bit of this herself too. think she had others take center or more prominent spots instead of herself to get the chance to do that. i could be wrong, but thats how she came across to me. self sacrificing to help others.

Her being the only gen 2 member to get a sendoff like this shows that (again in my opinion) management, and the AKB group as a whole recognizes her efforts for those years. heck, think not many will get a sendoff like this after this, Oshima Yuko, Takahashi Minami, perhaps Matsui Rena next year in Nagoya dome (just my speculation) perhaps.

20. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @Drunners
    your very wrong AKS did mismanaged her AKB career first step by dropping her off-the senbatsu. buy a copy of Sayaka's first photobook you'll see that she was very worried about being removed from the regular senbatsu and even got jealous to Sae at one point because she was getting more jobs and got her first photobook at that time. she even ask the staff about what's wrong with her, because she wasn't getting chosen as a senbatsu member anymore.

and about Sayaka's grad concert. I guess the timing of her graduation was right because AKB48 for the first time have a dome tour concert. I really think if AKB48 didn't have a series of concert and they will only have 2 concerts this year and each only have 1 day per concert. it will only feature Mariko and Tomochin.not to mention Sayaka grad concert was on Day 1 Thursday. a weekday concert while Tomochin and Mariko was both on Sundays. and if you'll see the sentiments of the fans like me. we were really not expecting Sayaka to have a grad concert ceremony that's why many was thankful that she was given a grad concert ceremony.