AKB48 Subunit - DiVA

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by umechanhai, Apr 19, 2011.

1. bamboobranch

bamboobranch Kenkyuusei

2. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

Re: DiVA / AKB48 Subunit

I'm not surprized, they haven't even debuted yet and we have to put up with changes. :angry:

3. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

I hope this makes them reconsider. :/

4. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

THIS IS ADORABLE.

5. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

Yahoo News, people. >_>
    There are so many people against this idea, in Japan and abroad, I don't think the management can ignore it any longer. :( Hopefully we will get some kind of reaction. Maybe someone could start a petition against it or something

6. BlitzTs

BlitzTs Kenkyuusei

Lets hope they will reconsider it. Anyone mind translating that article? Thanks :)

7. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

I don't mind seeing 4-member DiVA as a group separated from AKB48. They surely can stand with their own feet with such talent they have. [rock]

However, I don't like the idea of adding 6 more members. AkiP stop trolling us, would you?? [boom]

Oh no please don't. Don't steal other people's spotlight :fp:

8. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

It says nothing that you guys don't already know, basically (Japanese) fans feel like it's pretty sad for the four girls and are outraged on twitter, the rest just summarizes what went down, there's a few twitter comments, and they tried to get comment from office48 but office48 said that they're not in charge so they can't say anything.

9. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

So is it a plan of Aki-P and AVEX? :fp:

10. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

4 people is enough for a subunit. any more, especially nonames, is just plain wrong.

'Si non confectus, non reficiat'
    (If it's not broken, don't fix it)

But as it looks now, anything they do is 'fixing something that isn't broken', which will then cause it to break.
    If they really do that, I shall look for the biggest palm tree I can find and ram my face against it. Then I shall ram Aki-P's face against it for good measure.

11. bou-j525

bou-j525 Kenkyuusei

I don't want others members -.- Diva is perfectly fine this way and I don't understand AT ALL why suddenly 6 news members should be added! Aki-p is seriously looking for trouble with fans by doing this, and whatever he might say, there will still be negative comments in the end. 4 members is fine, they are all awesome, I don't think any of them will graduate soon... So WHY THIS!?!
    AT LEAST hope the news 6 will not be at the front line. Because if they are... [boom]

12. heysamuraitamashii

heysamuraitamashii Kenkyuusei

I don't think I want Jurina in DiVA anytime soon but YES THIS IS SO ADORABLE <3

13. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

No, actually they said "the person in charge isn't here today, so we can't reply"

14. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

the japanese was being vague and saying
    "the person/people in charge aren't here, so we cannot answer"

and i don't know if it means they aren't there because they stepped out, or they aren't there because the people in charge are different people. =)

15. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

^
    it isn't vague. Seriously, people should stop using the excuse "Japanese is vague". The nuances and the words used tell ALL.
    I don't want to sound like a "I am the only one who knows Japanese ahahaha!" kind of stuck up/hateful person, but since I devoted half my life to studying it and using it and always improving it, when I see incorrect things (possibly misleading ones) I will point them out.

Of course office48 has a person who is in charge of DiVA since they are a unit MANAGED by office48. Except that person wasn't in the office (or pretended not to be there) and so they couldn't answer.
    担当者がいないためお答えできない means this. If they said they have no one taking care of it, they would have said 弊社は担当していないためお答えできない。

16. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

-No, but I thought it was vague at the time, considering that I don't know how management works. I thought o48 managed the individuals, and their individual contracts with other companies (Avex, TV stations, CMs) but not necessarily responsible for the entire unit.
    -I read through the whole article as a favor to people in this thread, and tried to summarize as best as I can. It already took me a while to read it.
    -It sucks when someone takes one part of it and bluntly tells you how wrong they are when they're not a native speaker or you have no idea how good their Japanese is, even if it is wrong. Especially in that fashion.
    -It sucks when you read a lot of negative comments towards Aki-P and co and then you deal with more negative comments on your translation. Too much negativity, lol. :D

It's all good though.
    As long as Masuda Yuka gets to shine. =)

17. BlitzTs

BlitzTs Kenkyuusei

I think they are just avoiding the topic [aup]

18. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

I feel fairly comfortable with this move of auditioning disposable girls not from AKB48 for Diva. My understanding is that management plans to kill off a few of them to heighten the drama and add some excitement to the performances. If they are good they will get us to really like a couple of the new girls so we will really care when they are killed off.

See, by introducing these new characters, the ones we love and care about don't have to die.

At least this is what my mousou tells me.

19. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung

Oh gosh what a mess.

Look I'm not enthusiastic about the idea of this addition of members either...
    But the thing is...PLEASE DON'T SABOTAGE DiVA's debut single cause of that...

I don't think how they do will have anything to do with election and all...
    Right now they're trying to market DiVA out of AKB...so in the end of the day, what counts the most would be their SALES. If Tsuki no Uragawa actually sells well, then GOOD. They will know of DiVA's selling power with just these 4 girls. I don't know about you but heckkk I'm sick of this...4 girls...10 girls..I WILL STILL SUPPORT THEM EITHER WAY. I just hope and pray for the best for them...

And btw...I've been discussing this with a friend...
    And in our opinion, AkiP is doing this to keep the friendly competition alive.
    LOOK AKB48 works on the concept of friendly competition too, and it works...people buy their things. they're top sellers.

AkiP knows that this kinda thing interests people in the long run, and it'll sell...
    If we really do look at reality, if DiVA were to remain as a 4-people unit...no matter how I want them to stay that way...no matter how talented they are, they'll probably just go underrated without the friendly competition within...

Which is why I believe Avex too had a hand in this. ASK THEM. THEY HAVE TONNES OF UNDERRATED ARTISTS and IF THEY DIDN'T WANT DiVA TO HAVE THE SAME FATE, TO THEM, THIS WAS THE BEST SOLUTION.

I still don't support the idea...but I guess it makes sense...

Nevertheless...whatever it is, like I said, no matter what happens to this group, just as long these 4 girls remain here, I'll still support it thanks <3

20. Dease

Dease Kenkyuusei

I don't like it too, but calm down peoples... that 6? girls will be just back up dancers after all. (that's not like EXILE, because in their group members are more than just back up dancers)

Anyway, our girls gonna shine and that's good.

I've watched preview of PV, and was so excited. I love it, really... their music, PV, dance, costumes and of course girls, (especially Sae-chan [hehe]) Emotions, emotions... they are so cool, hot, beautiful - it's really :drool: :cute:

If their gonna keep this cool image, that will be great, because it really suits them. <3

Agree. [nod]