Audition AKB48 Taiwan Audition

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mimi, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

So the two twins passed? Then why only one was at the concert? :/

3. teleportation

teleportation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Wow, so they had her debut with a fairly involved introduction in a foreign language and a solo performance at a much larger venue than the theater. Rough. It's a really good sign that she didn't look completely lost out there, especially when there have been so many KKS who looked like they were about to break down for their first few theater appearances. Maybe she already has show biz experience?

The twins passing is a little concerning since it gives me more Linlin/Junjun vibes. I know they weren't related but the precedence of "two foreign idols treated as something of a package deal within their group" has already been set and it was pretty underwhelming the first time they tried it. If they're just looking for a way to garner some more Taiwanese buzz, I'd say this is a great way to go about it, but it's also a short-term solution that leaves AKB48 with three members who have uprooted their entire lives to join the group but (presumably) aren't fluent enough to really get anywhere. You hear about somebody like Hirari who's been speaking Japanese for years but still occasionally struggles at HS events and MCs, and then you hear about this and it's like what do they even expect these girls to do in Japan? What fun is it to have an "idol you can meet" who barely understands the language you're speaking to her in?

I'm starting to miss regular auditions. The Draft is fun, don't get me wrong, but having witnessed Baito AKB, Otona AKB, Team 8, and now this bring members into the group with no real plan and no real reason except to cash in on the group's "we have so many girls!" reputation and get some media attention, the good old days of "here's the xth generation, get to know em" seem so far away :(

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  4. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Airdrop pushes.

I can definitely see your point. There's enough Chinese fans quite frankly that this girl will have a lot of fans go up to her anyway, but we haven't had regular auditions in years. I'm actually hoping that the SKE one will be a prototype for all auditions to come, because the girls that came out of it are just wayy too strong.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The new wave of graduations screams for a new gen. Same goes for NMB, whose teams are barely full and HKT, who still needs Team T.

The Draft would be nice if the girls who auditioned for it were actually good, but it doesn't make sense to get 1 or 2 girls per team and have them locked up for months until they're ready to perform. That's basically what the normal KKS system was.

I don't know if this is management trying not to spread the butter too thin, but... they built this franchise in a specific way, they should know how to run it.

Having girls from Team M subbing in for the other two teams in NMB makes no freaking sense. That's why the KKS system was implemented.

Anyway, about this Taiwan girl... I don't know what to think yet. I guess she/they'll get an intensive Japanese course or something, but I still don't get the role they'll play. Maybe they'll train them in AKB and send them to SNH later? Resurrect TPE? :confused:

6. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I can't help but feel like this is the plan. I don't see what the girls' role would be in AKB on the long term, and I don't see them going to SNH that honestly doesn't need them with their 5 teams and 6th gen coming soon.
    So these Taiwanese girls will either be a cute gimmick like Tsukamoto and Baito or they'll stay in AKB for a while to gather as much popularity as they can and then go back to Taiwan and lead TPE. Or something like that. :^^;:

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

happy to see new members from Taiwan in AKB Kohaku and MACHALIN could speak a bit Japanese :cool:

[​IMG]

so i guess Machalin is 16th gen kenkyuusei ?

if the video does not show watch the video here

they interviewed one of the professor and few students in this video from her school.

Dasu tried to talk to Machalin in Mandarin (Chinese) and she was surprised that Machalin could speak Japanese

https://plus.google.com/115975634910643785199/posts/Vgd6aqrr1sX

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  8. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The entire "draft people as KKS" thing happened because 1st gen draft was woefully underprepared, and people recognized it. This isn't H!P where you just send off randos straight to the front line of a group.

As for KKS... It's honestly probably because there are too many girls in the franchise as it is.

9. Mirlenia

Mirlenia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    She is very pretty...but where will she be stay? because she is a new kenkyuusei and she doesn't still attached to any team! sorry for my bad english. Greetings

10. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I'm really confused. Is Machalin the only one who is an AKB KKS, but the other ones in that video passed and will stay in Taiwan? Are they all AKB KKS?

11. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

She is an official AKB kks now and the others are still tentative kks, so I guess they can suddenly quit and disappear anytime they want. :^^;:

12. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

13. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

The girl second from the left in the back row with the long brown hair - I must know her name! She's so pretty :D

I'm hoping these girls can pick up on Japanese fairly quickly. It seems like they'll be pretty immersed in it and I'm sure the existing AKB girls will be helpful. My wish is that management will pair up the Taiwanese KKS with the second gen draftees and start running a proper KKS stage again.

14. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

She is Wang Xin (王馨) (21 yo). You can follow her on facebook ;)

15. Gwen

Gwen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    newgen48
    I'm really excited to see them became KKS! Did the twin suceed?

16. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Yay! More Taiwanese KKS! I'm glad that Ma JiaLing is not alone now.

I'm already impressed by their Japanese from that video. Looking forward to seeing them more next year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

17. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Yeah, they passed. You can see them in the video (first and second from the left in front row) :)

18. Gwen

Gwen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    newgen48
    Ok thanks! I didn't regonize them :^^;: I'm happy that them pass the audition :)

19. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Oh my!!! Finally!
    Please put them up at the Wiki page!! Anyone!

20. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    I can, but I need Informations

Sent with Taptalk