TV / Radio AKB48 Team 8 no KANTO Hakusho Bacchikoui! (2017/10/08 - 2022/12/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Aka, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    https://toyota-team8.jp/news/kanto/20190405-146464986852761.php
    058.jpg 059.jpg
    =========================================================================================================
    https://www.chiba-tv.com/program/detail/1068
    060.png
    =========================================================================================================
    https://thetv.jp/news/detail/185515/p2

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  2. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    trivia information:
    did you notice this staff who wears a hat in the show?
    01.jpg

this is from epsiode 5 of anroke:
    02.JPG
    guy in hat, second from the right is 千葉D director chiba

this is from episode 0 of anorke:
    03.JPG

from latest anroke:
    04.JPG

and our bacchiko-i:
    05.jpg

anroke and bacchiko-i are produced by the same people! yay.gif

3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  4. Frans48

Frans48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gernnon

Gernnon Member

Oshimen:
    Cho Kurena
    What's the difference?

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    One definition: "Hard subs are built in the video, soft subs are not and require a video player that adds it to the video while it's being played."

Another from wikipedia:
    Hard (also known as hardsubs or open subtitles). The subtitle text is irreversibly merged in original video frames, and so no special equipment or software is required for playback.
    Soft (also known as softsubs or closed subtitles) are separate instructions, usually a specially marked up text with time stamps to be displayed during playback. It requires player support and, moreover, there are multiple incompatible (but usually reciprocally convertible) subtitle file formats.

The posted video had hard subs; you can play it just as it is.

7. Gernnon

Gernnon Member

Oshimen:
    Cho Kurena
    Yeah I know but why do people need the softsubs for?

8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Because people already have the raw, most of the times with much better quality, and they just need softsubs.

9. Gernnon

Gernnon Member

Oshimen:
    Cho Kurena
    Can they even go higher than 1080p lol

10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Another reasons or two:
    If you don't like the translation, you can change the soft subs to improve the English. You could even make a comedy version by deliberately putting in different words or changing the timing so the subs don't match the lips. You could also take Engish subs, say, and change them to Portuguese.

11. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
  12. Frans48

Frans48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Most people already said my words.
    i already have the RAW and the other reason is 1080p is killing HDD.
    I just need softsub for personal use. I wont edit anything except timing it if not sync with my RAW.

13. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Actually... yes.

But the thing is that even though it might say 1080p, sometimes that's not enterely true. I've seen "720p" videos that weren't better than a 480p one. And you can use those subs for any video you want. Your computer is a shit? The subs will work with smaller quality raws. You can watch 2160p 60ps videos on YouTube? It still works.
    Another major reason is that with softsubs you can make screenshots without subs being attached.

But it's a bit strange that in 2019 I'm still justifying why softsubs are better when it has been the preferred method for more than a decade.

Oh my God! @sscrla was the one that subbed HaKaTa Hyakkaten!

14. Gernnon

Gernnon Member

Oshimen:
    Cho Kurena
    Idk man I was just trying to make things easier for casual watchers. How the heck would I know people would take watching something so seriously...Moreover I have no idea who watches this either. There’s like 0 indication and I’m not chasing after fake internet points, just be grateful that there are subs. I’m sure most of the people who browse this have some Japanese knowledge and can at least understand 50% raw and don’t actually need subs. Sometimes I don’t even know why I’m doing this either.

I’ll attach the softsubs when I have access to my computer.

15. Joe

Joe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Man, as Gernnon said....we should be really grateful we have something...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. eganraq

eganraq Kenkyuusei

I don't normally post here but I want to thank the subbers so much, especialy since I don't have enough Japanese knowledge to follow the show without subs. Always been interested in team8 and I've become a fan thanks to this show.
    As for the softsub vs hardsub, I personally prefer softsubs so I can easily increase the size because of my poor eyesight :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Being on both sides of the line, I can understand the feelings

In a way, we haven't been consistent with providing both hard and softsubs
    I think softsub is the bare minimum and hardsub is a bonus (as one doesn't need to get the raw)
    If both, that's fantastic! But not compulsory

But with this being a 100% volunteer work especially if one has already done post-rendering and hardsubbing
    Its not hard to see how the reaction comes about
    Thanks to everyone on the team for the hardwork. I think it reaches more people than we think it does

Either way, I hope and pray for understanding on both sides. Keep up the bacchi bacchi

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    I think the main point is what @Frans48 said. The raws are released much much earlier than any translation and people like to watch it even if they don't understand everything. And if you already have the raw why would you need to download another video just to watch it subbed, sometimes having to keep both? Sure, if it's a very old episode maybe that person already deleted the file and would have to download it again just to use the softsubs, but still...

What surprised me a bit was that in this day and age, when people are already used, for so many years, to have matroska files that can provide multiple video formats, multiple audios, multiple subtitles, you were questioning why would anyone want softsubs instead of hardsubs. I don't know, maybe it depends on the country? I think in Brazil some people still use rmvb for anime. :^^;:

I believe the ideal would be to have both softsubs, for people that already have the raw and just need the subs, and a hardsubbed video that can be watched online for those that don't want to bother and because sometimes you want to show these programmes to non-fans that won't bother downloading the whole thing.

P.S.: I wouldn't be so sure about those 50%, if you ask me.

We weren't telling him what to do. If he feels more comfortable doing hardsubs and he only wants to do that so be it, it's his work and decision. But he made the question, so he got his answer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    This. He did the work; he can release it anyway he wants. I was just trying to answer why someone might want soft subs. I have never subbed, but I have edited subs for a couple of tv shows. My theory is that the best subs come from person 1 who knows the language well and English not so well doing a first cut, and person 2 who knows English well but the original language not so well cleaning up the English after. I have been person 2 but never person 1.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frans48

Frans48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Sorry, if my request is quite annoying to you. I just think must subber dont share their softsub because they dont want other people take credit from their hardwork. If you are one of them then i wont pursue any further.
    But im really hope i can get the softsub for personal collection.

I really happy & grateful to know there subber who take this show since this show already run quite long time but still no sub.
    But i just ask this for personal use. If you not give it then its OK.
    I already experience this matter. Just about take it or leave term. No problem.
    I hope you still continue your sub this show..:1st:

Sorry, but i'm just a human who born with greedy personality in it.