AKB48 X Kamen Rider - Wota Senshi Center

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Theatre' started by memorybreak, Jan 19, 2015.

1. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]

Initially, I'm a fan of tokusatsu (Japanese Special Effects) shows and film (Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Ultraman, etc.) I've wanted to create a hero within the same aspect/styling as a Kamen Rider, but I didn't know what theme or motif to go with. It wasn't until I saw Tomomi Itano and Tomomi Kasai in Kamen Rider W where I got into the world of idols (AKB48 specifically) and where the character came into fruition.

[​IMG]
    Center's initial form design is based on AKB48's Iiwake Maybe outfit (specifically Atsuko Maeda's outfit) with a some styling from the design seen in the AKB0048 anime. Center's motif takes in AKB48 wota/idol culture and mannerism (more on that later). Hopefully you'll catch many references within the fandom.

Center's transformation device is the I-Driver (アイドライバー). The I-Driver is summoned with a snap of the user's finger after getting "serious". To transform, the user inserts "Single Disk" (シングルディスク) into the I-Driver. I had initially planned three Single Disk changes based on the first three Elections (Iiwake Maybe, Heavy Rotation, and Flying Get). The design for the second Single Disk change (Heavy Rotation) is complete with its own specific fighting style and the design for the third Single Disk change is still under the brainstorming phase. But for now, the main focus is Iiwake Maybe (Base Form)

As mention previously, Center takes in the wota/idol culture so it's only obvious if Center fights like a wota (kinda). In idol concerts (specifically AKB), you'll hear the crowd chant a specific set of words (Yosha Ikkuzo! Tiger, Fire, Cyber, Fiber, Diver, Viber, Jya jya!). This is also known as a "Mix". In Wota Senshi Center, the Mix is used to augment Center's fighting capability with each Mix call. Center can access these powers by using the controls on his right wrist.

Tiger - Increase in strength both offensively and defensively.
    Fire - Gives attacks flame properties.
    Cyber - Gives attacks electric properties.
    Fiber - Gives ability to bend/stretch self and weapon attacks.
    Diver - Gives attacks water properties.
    Viber - Attacks causes multiple delayed hits and stuns enemies.

As seen in many concerts, fans typically wave Light Sticks to cheer for their Team/Member. Center uses one as well, in form of a weapon called the Psyllium Blade (サイリウムブレード). The Psyllium Blade is also augmented by the current mix's effect.

Story/Background:

Shikou Kaijin Agency - 至高怪人エージェンシー(S.K.A.) is corrupting people by forcing "GODS" for them to follow and admire. Their leader, (Aki-P like character) believes that people don't know what they want, which is why he created the "Seven Supreme Gods" to rule among the masses. Center fights to free the people from such ideals, and but he himself doesn't believe that he is an ally of justice.

Opening Theme - 黄金センター
    Ending Theme - 桜の栞 (Piano vers.)

-----------------------
    So you might ask, "is this just a Fan Fic idea?" "Is this a text based story?"

Actually no. I want to make a 10-15 min video short out of this. I've already commissioned the costume for this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will also start doing some test action shots with it as well. More to come on that.

Hopefully people will be interested in this project that I'm working on. I'll try to keep this thread updated as much as I can as i progress with this project.

[​IMG]
    さあ、PARTYが始まるよ!
    -----------

I'm also looking for someone who has some skills in creating assets in After Effects or if you are in the Tokyo area and would like to help out (be a grunt, extra, minor staff role, etc.), please feel free to contact me.

Attached Files:

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Hahaha, awesome. You know I'll be interested. I have imagined what a Kamen Rider counterpart to Akibaranger might look like.

3. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

Did some filming yesterday to do some test shots. Was very tiring, but loads of fun was had.

image.jpg image.jpg

more pics to come, and a possible teaser/proof of concept

4. JEEY

JEEY Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Whoa looks cool. I really want to watch a teaser lol :XD:

5. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

Here are some more photos from the shoot...
    Center1.jpg Center2.jpg Center4.jpg
    Center5.jpg Center6.jpg Center7.jpg
    Center8.jpg

Currently editing the clips right now... gonna take a while though.

6. JEEY

JEEY Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Kamen Rider Ichigo(or Nigo?) was there!! Gosh I'm really looking forward for this:omfg::omfg:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  7. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

Naw, that's just a statue at the Bandai Office near by the location we filmed at.

8. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Looks awesome. Good luck with this.

A question though. Initial design had Iiwake Maybe tail jacket type of design, which looks cool. Was this idea scrapped?

9. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

The idea is not scrapped, i just didn't have enough time to complete it (the coat) by the time of the shoot. I wanted to provide a proof of concept right away, unfortunately we had to shoot lacking that one part. But when we do start on principal photography for the short, the suit will be 100% complete.

10. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    This look like a lot of works to do, how many crew you have?

11. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

I don't have that big of a crew, most of the people that are helping me out are friends or friends of friends who are interested in doing action scenes. I'm very grateful that I have some kind of support with this

12. satriagan

satriagan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Twitter:
    satriagan
    wow... i just read this... this is AWESOME.... can't wait to see the short film, how is the progress? done? @memorybeak

13. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

After a year of distractions and other things, I've finally finished a proof of concept video... let me know what you think.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    In one minute it is already better than Kamen Rider Ghost

15. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

Hahaha Thanks!

16. kikatosama048

kikatosama048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    thats kind of awesome!! i really like Kamen rider too memorybreak
    and that idea that's freaking awesome!!!!
    i really like that design!!!
    100% awesome!