ANIME thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Pure logic compares nothing to teh facts that Goku is extremely weak :) And taht vegeta is stronger than him :D Dunno about the green guy tho (my fav <3)

Hmm... we're not *that* serious, arent we? ^^

2. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    I'm a pretty big anime fan myself, but right now I'm not watching alot. The only 2 series I'm following are Mobile Suit Gundam 00, and Macross Frontier. I'm pretty much into any anime's that involve science fiction settings and mecha, so these two series are just awesome in my mind, and it doesn't help that I'm a HUGE fan of both the Gundam and Macross franchises.

3. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Gundam Seed ftw

4. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Honestly, while I do think Gundam Seed is ok, it is my least favorite Gundam series, alongside Gundam Seed Destiny. Right now, my favorite series is Turn A Gundam (yes, the one with the odd looking main Gundam, which I happen to think looks utterly awesome)

Gundam Seed just seems way to shallow of a series, and the constant flashbacks and reused animation don't help. GSD was even worse though, with reused animation and flashbacks being used in a greater percentage, and of course its blatant rip-offs of the UC series.

5. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

A difference of opinion :). I've seen gundam seed, and I love it :O I dont like the rest (ESPECIALLY destiny... its pure trash).

6. Tales

Tales Kenkyuusei

@Aigon: So how are the blatant ripoffs of UC in GSD different than the ones in earlier series? The Leos in wing, for example, are not very far off from UC grunts, only that they didn't call them that way.
    Evoking nostalgia is a very used plan on many entertainment business, and the execution GSD had on it was the cleanest, they didn't try it to hide it like other series tried, which really showed that it was nostalgia and not something like trying to become original but unable to do so, which seems to be the case on almost any other one.

The problem with GSD was the real lack of overall focus in the series, the only times it was worth it was 1-15 and then something like 32-42. Overall, it's just like any series which got a second season only because the first one was too popular. It's like Fukuda only made the story for a two coul series while it was extended to 4.

Gundam 00 is really disappointing for me at least, I was looking forward to it, like telling other people how much % downloaded I had, but I only downloaded the raw until episode 4, now I just wait for the english sub to come out. There's a lot of problem I have had with it: the OP of the suits, I was getting bored that the pilots didn't have to aim twice to kill anyone but the "main opponents", something that most of us which watched SEED Destiny was waiting for something where we wouldn't see all the main guys taking whole armies by themselves... and we ended up with a series were 4 on 103 was more than possible, and they even say "WTF how can this guy dodge one of my attacks", like it was the first time that ever happened to them. Character designs are not of my liking neither, the best one seems to be the ships captain. Also, we know that the main reason to make Gundam series is to sell Gunpla, but it's not needed to tell their name like 20 times per episode.

In other news, I just knew that there's toLOVEru anime coming on April, which is getting me more than excited!!

7. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    How about the GOUF's, DOM's and ZAKU's? I hardly think you can use the Leo's of Wing in this example, when GSD outright copied the grunts of 0079.

Agreed. It also didn't help that it had NO likable characters. The new cast got shafted, and made into total morons, and the old cast became these emotionless husks of their previous selves. Heck, some of them regressed (Cagalli is a prime example of this)

8. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Roruoni Kenshin <3<3<3

Anyone here likes Trigun? Or YYH or Slayers? :O

9. hina

hina Member

I love Yu Yu Hakusho! One of the best anime I've ever seen. It was one of those anime that really triggered the otaku fire on me. I watched the series til' the end.

10. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Yaaay ^^ YYH fans are so hard to find, when it is indeed, one of teh best anime ever made :)
    And simply, lol at your avatar xD

11. CDevil

CDevil Member

I liked Yu Yu Hakusho but it's a bit outdated now...I don't think it's as inspirational as Dragonball was, and yet it still had all the annoying cliches that you get with shonen anime. Hunter x Hunter (from the same creator as Yu Yu Hakusho) is a lot better. One Piece is still my favourite Shonen jump series though.

Anyone seen Kekkaishi? I heard it was good.

12. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

If there is one thing that doesn't matter, it's time. If something is good, it will always be good.

Kekkaishi is weird, imo :eek:

13. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Did anyone happen to watch the first episode of Macross Frontier recently? It was bloody awesome! I don't think I've seen such good use of CG in an anime before. The Valkyries looked better than they ever have in an Macross anime.

14. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

I totally forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder! Macross is win.

15. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Don't mention it :)

Although, I believe only the first episode has aired for now, with the rest starting in the spring anime season. Regardless, its shaping up to be a darn good series. The new Valkyries (the VF-25 and VF-171) are pretty nice looking, and are animated spectacularly (like I said in my previous post, this show has some of the best CG I've seen in an anime). The new aliens are pretty cool as well (and pretty freaky looking as well)

16. hina

hina Member

totally agree to that! I finished the series a lot of times before and it still looks good for me. :D

the avatar is from Maeda Atsuko's movie - Ashita no Watashi no Tsukurikata

17. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

does anyone here watch Shugo Chara?
    it's a kids anime i guess.

18. CDevil

CDevil Member

True, but there's no way it can be one of the best series ever made if there are many other shows in the same genre that are better.
    Is it any good? I'd watch it just so I could hear the OP over and over again :lol:

19. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Have you seen the YYH movies? :)

What a nice first impression to get ^^ (on the avatar :D)

20. Mayama

Mayama Kenkyuusei

GURREN LAGANN "Your drill will pierce the heavens!!!!!!!" Honey and Clover, Haruhi, Katekyo Hitman Reborn! and of course the amazing Code Geass are my favourite animes at the moment~ <33