ANIME thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

No problem. ^^ I didn't read them too heavily and I don't care about being spoiled anyway. It's still fun to actually watch.

2. hina

hina Member

[​IMG]
    お願い 世界を変えて。お願い! (please, change the world. please!)

one of the best anime scenes I've seen in a while. I'm speechless, Its simply.. perfect.

[​IMG]

goodbye, Haro.

3. jrongow

jrongow Kenkyuusei

Anime!!! The thriving culture of Japan. Haha.. My fav anime: the usual of Bleach and Naruto, One Piece, Eyeshield 21 and until recently, Prince of Tennis (finally it's ended..)
    But those are only the on-going, n, well... the recently ended... ones. My all-time fav is Rurouni Kenshin, followed by Gundam SEED and then Peacemaker Kurogane. I like anime that have reference to real historical events that happened, hence my listing of Peacemaker Kurogane. There's also Samurai Deeper Kyo with the Battle of Sekigahara n Sanada Yukimura, who is my all-time respected historical figure cum samurai. But then for SDK, it's only touch-and-go, without really dwelling into the subject. Nxt time I'm on, I'm gonna post a list of animes I have downloaded/watched...

P.S. Upon editing, I'd like to make special mention of Hunter X Hunter. Those of u who haven't watch it, give it a try, especially the Greed Island saga.

4. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Those were indeed some touching scenes. Lockon's whole farewell to Haro nearly had me in tears, and I don't usually get emotional when it comes to anime. Just goes to show you how good 00 is.

But my favorite scene as of late has to be the closing shot of episode 24:
    [​IMG]

Such a badass shot of Exia, and an awesome way to end the penultimate episode.

5. hina

hina Member

^
    yeah, too bad episode 25, is this series' last episode for the 1st season. Next season is on October! WTF! LONG WAIT! CRAP! >_<

6. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Man, Gundam 00 episode 25 was just plain epic. The whole "final battle" of sorts was quite possibly one of the best mecha battles I"ve ever seen. Kyrios was especially awesome. It was missing both its right arm and leg, and yet Al/Hal still nearly killed both Sergei and Soma. The battle between the Exia and the Alvatore was also just plain awesome, especially how Setsuna used all 7 of Exia's swords to destroy it.

I'm defenitly gonna miss 00, and I can't wait for it to start up again this fall. At least there's Code GEASS and Macross F to tide me over till then.

7. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I haven't watched anime in AGES! I hate the dubbed ones in animax, and its all kind of generic, because I've been into anime for like 8 years or something, ever since I was a kid.

My cousin pestered me to watch Death Note recently, and I quite liked it, I haven't finished it, but it was pretty good, not your average stuff. I watched Le Portrait du Petit Cossette recently as well, but it was really weird and pretentious. Still, beautiful art and music, so I enjoyed that.

And that's it XD

8. Kazearashi

Kazearashi Kenkyuusei

Looking forward to the new season of animes this week!!! :D Yay for To Love-Ru and Soul Eater! xD

9. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    They're going to start showing "Kin'iro no Corda" here <3 It looks great! I can't wait for Wednesday already.

[​IMG]

10. zyn

zyn Kenkyuusei

I just finished watching Perfect Girl Evolution and Lovely Complex! :) SO cute! I recommend you watch it to get rid of stress <3

11. chcltmoney2

chcltmoney2 Kenkyuusei

I haven't watched Anime for a while, or at least get hooked on one. Last one I remember getting hooked on was Gundam seed. My brother and I were so addicted to it back then, that we basically taped every episode back then. I don't remember a thing about it then, I just remember some long hair guy with a black gundam that used a katana :confused:

12. otakucrave

otakucrave Kenkyuusei

I really like anime!

I'm currently watching Clannad. zyn mentioned watch Lovely Complex, which I plan on doing soon!

And Gundam Seed is awesome!

@twoheart: What is Kin'iro no Corda about?

13. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

Beside Acchan where i can protect her 24/7
    Got a new Solar Furnace Gundam in new season. O Gundam.

Still wondering what will happen to Exia and Setsuna after both of them suffer bad damage fighting the GN Armor and the special made GN FLAG. Hope it'll be interesting in season 2. Can't wait for it >.<

14. hina

hina Member

that fight kinda' was stupid. They put a lot of effort on that GN FLAG and it just got thrashed by the Exia in seconds. And regarding season 2, haha I was right on my guess that Graham would be the one who will wear the "mask" on this series, since his face was messed up really bad.

15. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    You mean the 00 Gundam. The O Gundam isn't anything new. In fact, by the time they show it in the ending scenes, its around 20 years old or so. It was the Gundam that saved Setsuna, and even by that time it wasn't new. The O Gundam is in fact the first Gundam, and is essentially the prototype for all future Gundams to come. It also, as is shown, doesn't have a GN Drive. Last time I checked, the O Gundams GN Drive was with the CB Team Fereshte, who used it for all of their 2nd Gen Gundams. But the way Ian was talking in that last scene, it sounded like they had it back again, as he was talking about how it wasn't compatible with the 00 Gundam.

16. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

yea i saw him wearing a black mask but that scene only last for 2 seconds and can't see it clearly.

17. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Its a somewhat unique mask, especially compared to previous Gundam masked men. It really fits with 00's more realistic universe, as its not anything glamorous. I think it fits Graham pretty well.

18. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

anyway i don't think that the O Gundam is an old type gundam compare to Exia because almost the end of the show they put 4 years later means that that O Gundam is a new type of solar furnace gundam. Most probably it's ability can reach to Exia's limit. But i still hope Exia is the best Gundam ever to be created. ^^

19. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    No, the 0 Gundam IS an old Gundam. It was CB's first Gundam, hence its designation; GN-000. Remember the first episode? The 0 Gundam was the one that shot all the Anf's and saved Setsuna.

Here's a full pic of the 0 Gundam:
    http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/00/gn-000.jpg

Look familiar?

Here's a little bit of history. The 0 Gundam was THE first Gundam. It is a 1st Gen Gundam. 4 known 2nd Gen Gundams, Astraea, Sadalsuud, Abul Hool and Plutone, were built after. Astraea is the Exia's prototype, Sadalsuud is Dynames', Abul Hool is Kyrios' and Plutone is Nadleeh's. The current Gundams (Exia, Dynames, Kyrios, Nadleeh/Virtue) are 3rd Gen Gundams.

The 2nd Gen Gundams were built a good 15 years prior to the start of the series, and I believe were tested by one of the first meister groups. The O Gundam obviously existed around this time, as it is the prototype for all the 2nd Gen Gundams.

Also, the CB team Fereshte, which operates in the shadows alongside the current Meister team, uses all the 2nd Gen Gundams, but only has access to one GN Drive; the one belonging to the 0 Gundam. They switch it from Gundam to Gundam depending on the mission.

So case in point, just because the 0 Gundam appears in that 4 years later scene doesn't mean in anyway that its new. It simply means CB still has it lying around, as it is the basis for all their current MS. And it also shows the leap between it and the 00 Gundam.

20. Mylani

Mylani Kenkyuusei

Anime has always surprised me with its depth and complexity and its ability to draw lots of emotion out of me...

Vision of Escaflowne, Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, X, Tsubasa Chronicle, Bleach, Naruto, His & Her Circumstances... These are probably the ones that have made the biggest impressions on me... I'm really drawn to movies/anime that delve into relationships ^^