[BOOK] Paruru's 1st Solo PB [Paruru, Komaru] (2013/07/19)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ithebigc, Jul 8, 2013.

1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Paruru's 1st Solo PB [Paruru, Komaru]
    [​IMG]
    Surprise sudden announcement ad in this week's Weekly Playboy. Paruru's first photobook is set for release with less than 2 weeks to go [think] Perhaps this is their uh...marketing plan?

The title is Paruru, Komaru, which means something like Paruru, Worry, or Paruru, Trouble.

Release Date: July 19, 2013

MSRP: 1470 yen

Description:
    - A4 size (297 x 210 mm, or 11.7 x 8.3 in)
    - 144 pages
    - Published by Shueisha
    - The ad mentions the 5 big cities of Fukuoka, Sapporo, Osaka, Nagoya and Tokyo and the journey of Paruru, who connects the past, present and future of AKB48.

Where to Buy:
    Amazon Japan, 1400 yen
    CDJapan, 1400 yen

2. alizlovescherry

alizlovescherry Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    alizlovescherry
  3. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Re: [BOOK] Paruru's 1st Solo PB [Paruru, Komaru] (2013/07/19

Can someone help me navigate shipping options? I was going to order from cdjapan and just choose the cheapest shipping (SAL), but will it be safe? Or will it just take until Christmas to get here? :D

Edi: Okay, I think I figured out my options on cdjapan. Still working on Amazon.jp

Either way... I must have this. Less than two weeks until release, it can't be normal to announce it that late, can it??

4. upsidown

upsidown Kenkyuusei

Well, she is the do-things-at-my-own-pace idol :D

And here is the bigger picture you asked for.

Attached Files:

5. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

alizlovescherry, thanks for the links. I added them to the OP. :approve: For those wondering, even if you see 1470 yen now, Amazon is also 1400 yen for international orders because it doesn't charge tax for people abroad, same as CDJapan.

Parikkuren - It also depends on where you live, but SAL is relatively slow. You can expect anywhere from 2-3 weeks for delivery. If you're unlucky, maybe a little bit more. As for safety, SAL also does not come with a tracking number, but unless your country's postal service is known for losing packages, you should be safe. If you're only ordering this photobook and nothing else, then CDJapan is great. If you're ordering anything else (magazines, CDs, DVDs) I would recommend Amazon Japan. Their first item is set at 3000 yen for shipping, but afterwards you only have to pay 300 yen for each additional item, so you end up saving a lot of money if you order a lot of things at once. Also, Amazon ships all international orders using DHL, and it literally arrives at my house 2 days after they ship it (I live in California).

Now you just made me imagine Paruru making a pouting face and saying "I want my photobook released now!" :hehe:

Thanks for the picture too. It's definitely clearer, but not bigger than the one I have in the OP. If you click on it, you can expand it to its original size, which is larger. Hmm...clearer, or larger....decisions, decisions...

6. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy

Thanks for starting this thread Ithebigc was wondering if someone was gonna do it.

Does seem like a short window between the announcement and the release date. But definitely exciting for us Paruru fans. I placed my order at cdjapan a few minutes ago.

@Parikkuren
    I have used Sal a few times and haven't had a problem. But I guess it really depends where you live. I generally use it for orders that are a little less important and that I'm not on the edge of my seat for. Since this is something I cant wait to get my mits on I FedExed it. Had a ton of Redeem points at cdjapan so the book and fedex shipping only cost me 12 bucks.

7. Parikkuren

Thank you both! That tells me everything I needed!

I guess since I'm finding out about it so close to the release, my wallet and I can afford to wait a little longer and pay a little less. I really really want it as soon as I can get it, but... meh. Our postal service is usually pretty reliable, so I think it'll work out.

I'm super excited for this, it was a huge surprise for me.

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

i will give it a try.

I always wanted Paruru make another expression in her face. Only one more is enough to make this Photobook a success.

Do we know the main theme of her PB yet?

9. Erza

Erza Kenkyuusei

Ordered my copy as well
    It is really soon with less than 2 weeks to go but it gives me less time to wait so [party]

10. Parikkuren

I think all the info we have so far is in the first post. It's so sudden...

As for expressions, I imagine we'll get some good ones in the book, but if you want to see a few more, try here. Link is VERY gif heavy.

[​IMG]
    http://fondofwhy-oh-you.tumblr.com/post/51672837539/parurus-face-masterpost
    I need to update it but there's a nice sampling.

11. upsidown

upsidown Kenkyuusei

Depending on your location (country) and which store you order from, sometimes you can option for a slightly higher price SAL shipping with partial tracking. Usually this means it's tracked until it leaves Japan, but sometimes I get some updates (customs, etc) before it reaches me. Just in case you are worried. I like the comfort of the tracking number making it easier to find if there is an issue and there might be some level of insurance as well, not sure (there isn't on regular SAL).

12. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Less than 2 weeks away :yikes:

What an interesting marketing strategy...

This book actually sounds like it'll be on the bigger side of photobooks too, both in terms of dimension and page count! The price is very, very reasonable too [clap]. Now... what other AKB things will I order this with :fp: ?

As for the shipping talk, Fedex has been by far the best experience for me, but Amazon is usually the way to go for better value. However, if you are trying to order a ton of things on Amazon to save on shipping, be careful that in rare cases you might be getting stuff shipped separately from different sellers, so it might be good to check if you're getting everything shipped by amazon jp itself (if everything is bundled in one big shipment, then you'll be fine).

13. azusa

azusa Kenkyuusei

Definitely unexpected, preordered.

Why they decided to release it with so short notice? Just 2 weeks before release date. Strange strategy.

14. pxminh

pxminh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    pxminh

This is the cover of the photobook Paruru, Komaru :inlove: :
    [​IMG]

with the obi (belly-band):
    [​IMG]

Nice cover [clap]
    There is an A2 Double-sided poster with Paruru inside the photobook :cute:

15. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48

144 pages eh. That's a lot!
    A4 at it as well.

Well price wise, it's quite reasonable so I don't mind getting my first member's photobook once Kinokuniya has it [hehe]

So will all 144 pages be of her salty face? 'Cos I'd like to see the cute faces she's making nowadays :inlove:

16. Voightkampff

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
  17. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna

I doubt Paruru's first PB will contain all kinds of salty faces from her. That would be, uhh, repetitive? :D I'm excited for her PB, although I might get it really late, hoping that it would showcase Paruru's charm.

18. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

What an adorable cover :inlove: :inlove:

19. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui

And thus...we have my Kryptonite- The shorter Paruru's hair gets, the less her power has on me. This is saddening because she's my Kami-Oshi but the short hair is killing me.

This is Odd because I LOVE Sayanee & Haruppi - even though they have short hair. I feel in love with Aspects of them that didn't involve their actual appearance. I've seen Sayanee w/ longer hair so I know she'll be just as hot & it's hard imagine Haruppi with it but Paruru...it's 'lessening' the impact of her appeal to me.

This is true if Kojiharu, Mayuyu, or Milky had a pixie-cut also.

I LOVED the Uber-Cuteness of Paruru on Music Day's "Fortune Cookie" perf- that was impressive. Just wish she'd STOP cutting her hair. If she's thinking of keeping it short like Sae or Haruppi do- I will have to find a new Kami-Oshi. Don't worry, my support for her & attacks on her Anti's will never die!

Looking forward to Scans! a DVD making of? whatever else she's got planned.

20. Voightkampff

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy

:fp: One question I have for ya. How's the water in the shallow end of that pool? But who am I to say. To each his own.

-------------------------------------------------

I wish I knew the magazine sizes better. What's A4 like the size of a UTB magazine or something? Trying to get a judge on the size.