[BOOK] Sashihara Rino PB [Neko ni Maketa] (2013/12/15)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ithebigc, Nov 9, 2013.

1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Sashihara Rino Photobook
    Neko ni Maketa
    Release 2013/12/15

MSRP: 1575 yen (tax included)

Where to Buy:
    • HMV, 1500 yen

A bit of confusion on the numbering. It's technically not her first photobook since she had one before, but since this one might be a bit of a different format/size, it seems they're starting at "first" again. Her last one was a フォトブック and this one is a 写真集 which in English is both photobook, but apparently there is a distinction in marketing's mind.

2. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    Re: [BOOK] Sashihara Rino PB [TBA] (2013/12/15)

I believe that they are calling this her first photobook since during "Sashihara no Ran", sasshi wanted to release a photobook with pictures only (a typical photobook). She released somewhat an "autobiography photobook" last 2011, where there were more words and less picture. But I maybe wrong.

3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

by the way, i remember Sassh's first photobook was a success, like Yukirin.

Is she really going for Santa Fe? Is her own show directly related to this photobook?

Her being AKB number one may put this PB in first charts.

4. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah

I liked the 1st one so hopefully this one is also successful.

5. sasshinaction

sasshinaction Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

I would rather have more texts like the first book though! She's at her best writing more than modelling.

The photobook is one project among others in the show. Next mission is making some sort of movie. Photobook's what the episodes so far have been about - finding photographer, negotiating prices etc. Photoshoot shown in last episodes does not look like Santa Fe but who knows what wasn't shown.

6. KO74

KO74 Kenkyuusei

Probably most of you already have read it, but for the people that didn´t know there is a very well done translation of parts of "Sashiko", her first photobook. Lovely insights on why Sasshi is Sasshi.

http://stage48.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4743

7. afellay

afellay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Yes, sold about 102000 copies in 2012 and 150000+ so far. Yukirin's "photo-only-book" sold 82K in 2012.

But as previous thread may have mentioned, photobook is different with photo-only-book in Japan. (I'll just use these two words , though they should all be translated to "photobook" in English)

photobook:

--a lot of articles, maybe 60% text + 40% photos
    --cheaper, generally 1200 YEN or less.
    --since it has a lot of text, in bookstores it will be placed in general book area, along with other books, where more people will have a chance to see it.

photo-only-book:

--almost 100% photo + very limited text
    --more expensive, 1500+ YEN.
    --only placed in "photo-only-book area", which might be a separate block in bookstore, or in some small general stores. In short, selling to more specific customers.

In Sashihara no Ran EP02, "Aoki" mentioned some of these differences and told Sasshi not to blame him if this photo-only-book could not be popular as her first photobook (150K). Sasshi replied "of course I won't, my target is 50K."

Generally photobook will sell better than photo-only-book, take another example: Yuko's photo-only-book sold about 15K copies in its first week (2010), several months later, her photobook sold about 40K in its first week.

8. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

The main distinction between the two types of "photobooks" is that one has more text, while the other is basically just pictures in big print. Like someone has said, the two different names used in Japanese to separate the two will mean very similar things when translated into English. Oshima Yuko is another example of someone who has released one of each, so when you search for "Oshima Yuko's first PB", you might find two different things.

But for the purpose of clarification, let's refer to one as "Photo Book", while the other as "Photo Collection". Though this might confuse people even more, because "Photo Collection" is the kind of PB we are most familiar with. So don't think too much about the names, just use them to follow my explanation below and then you can forget about them.

This upcoming "PB" from Sasshi will be of the "photo collection" type, and it is indeed the first one for her, they are not trying to trick you :^^;:

Photo Book: The thing that defines this kind of PB is that it has a lot of text. There are interviews, articles, biographies, etc. In fact, there is enough text in these PBs that they are placed with other text-heavy books in bookstores, and are more like biography books with a lot of pictures.

Photo Collection: I think the latest AKB release of this kind, not counting the sousenkyo swimsuit special, is Paruru's PB (Tomochin's PB is more of the "book" kind, because it has a ton of interviews and articles in it, and is a small book unlike the bigger "photo collection" books). Other examples include Sayanee and Milky's PBs, Acchan's Bukiyou, etc. These PBs are all pictures (typically sexy gravures), and usually printed in pretty big sizes.

Now, because the "Photo Book" variation is placed with most other biography books in bookstores, while "Photo Collection" PBs are placed in a separate section with other kind of idol/gravure kinda stuff, "Photo Books" are read by more people who don't consider themselves idol-otakus. This is also believed to be the reason books of this kind might sale a lot more than the "Photo Collection" kind. Sasshi's first book was of this kind, and that's why there's no guarantee that this new PB will have great sales numbers despite the first PB having super high ones.

And by the way, 80% of this info comes from Sashihara no Run :^^;:

9. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
  10. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

^ Lol, just please note that while "photo collection" is the closest translation of the meaning I could think of, it might not be a phrase that anyone else would understand. There is nothing wrong with calling it PB until someone with more authority comes up with official terms.

11. cynath

cynath Kenkyuusei

12. sasshinaction

sasshinaction Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Cover

[​IMG]

13. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

She lost to a cat? Huh? :wtf: :wtf: And what is she eating there?

14. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

It's a rotten apple. The cat made her eat it as a punishment after she lost.

15. shabondama

shabondama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi

I don't like the cover... It could be better :/ Her expression is not good either...

16. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru

I got my copy and this one is really "yabai" compared to her first pb. It's typically just a photobook, all pictures and no text.

It has a poster and a picture inside it.

[​IMG]

17. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM

Yeah the amount of 'dangerous' photo's has increased, like the ones the poster is based on.
    (The white socks man. :fear: )

But it also has some cute/funny photo's, like the ones at the beach so it feels like a nice, balanced photobook to me. [clap]

18. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Still waiting for my copy. HMV didn't send it until today even though I preordered long ago.

19. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru

Oh my those white socks were wild. :D

And I agree that this is a mix of funny and sexy pictures... The photobook just totally fits sasshi's characteristics :D