Bye Bye Bye! (Team A graduation prediction thread)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Tatami Mats, Jul 30, 2008.

?

Who will be graduating from Team A first?

1. Oshima Mai

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Shinoda Mariko

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Kojima Haruna

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Maeda Atsuko

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Takahashi Minami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sato Yukari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Kawasaki Nozomi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Tojima Hana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Komatani Hitomi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Team A currently has 18 members with the addition tonight of Kitahara Rie, and the addition of Miyazaki Miho 2 weeks ago.

So...who's going to be graduating? Transferring to SKE?

2 members going Bye Bye Bye?

NOTE: This thread is only for predictions and discussions that, truthfully, not many of us know much about. However, that doesn't have to stop us from creating gossip and making a bunch of people nervous (including myself)

Obviously 2 people will have to go (unless all teams now are 18 members instead of 16 and they change it that way)

I listed the people in Team A that I could see graduating, and I have my reasons for each one. If you think there is someone else, vote other and then explain. I'd love to hear it :)

2. Heiwa

Heiwa Kenkyuusei

I think is other... Ohe maybe

but I don't want a graduation U.U

3. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

Beside Acchan where i can protect her 24/7
    Maybe other from the list. Hope there is no Graduation thou~ Or perhaps it's just a shifting to SKE probably :)

Hope Acchan and Takamina is not one of them :(

4. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

Seeing how Maimai was/is absent a lot already and appears on TV a lot, I already had a bad feeling about this. With 18 members in A now, it seems likely. I wonder how her agency likes the work at the theater... Somehow I can't see her going to SKE, so it would be a graduation.

Mariko sounds like another candidate. Or one of the other older girls. Don't want to think about it, really....

Personally I hope that there's simply something we don't know about yet and that someone else will leave (if they have to...).

5. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    I feel terrible about this, but I think it is gonna be Mariko. Don't know exactly why, though. Although... Maimai has big chances, too.

6. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Mariko is 22 and Mai Mai is 20, so the age thing is a thing to worry about, too, for Mariko.

Signing that weekly modeling contract as well.....that recently made it a little more dangerous.

Mai Mai is going to end up on Variety Shows as the oobaka, without a doubt

7. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

so probably both of them is the biggest opportunity in graduating compare to others.

This is bad~ At least a transfer is still better~

8. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

Actually, if it were Maimai, I'd want a graduation for her. Seeing how most of the more important TV stations are located around Tokyo, going to Nagoya would mean an even busier schedule for her, with a lot of time on the train...

9. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Personally, I think it's going to be a less popular girl like Hitomi. I have no idea who the second girl would be, though (I hope it would be Fujie Reina, because I still haven't warmed up to her, as bad as that sounds... I just love the older members more!).

I mean, don't quote me, but aren't all graduated members not very popular? I know that all of the girls will graduate at some point, but I think Akimoto is trying to keep the more popular girls for as long as possible. See below.

Graduated Members list from ThePPN:
    * Usami Yuki (March 2006) -unpopular
    * Uemura Ayako (June 2006) -unpopular
    * Orii Ayumi (January 2007) -popular? (Rider lead...)
    * Hoshino Michiru (June 2007) -unpopular? (only known for her voice)
    * Imai Yu (June 2007) -unpopular
    * Takada Ayana (June 2007) -unpopular
    * Watanabe Shiho (October 2007) -popular
    * Masuyama Kayano (November 2007) -unpopular

Now, I'll note that I'm basing this on pretty much camera time in the DVDs and they're placement in units as well as solo lines.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I don't think that any of the more popular girls will be leaving. Akimoto has kept Acchan this long while she's been busy with other things, and now that a ton of the girls are doing idol stuff, I think they'll stay, too.

(I hope)

EDIT: And I don't like the Nagoya concept, but I guess that's better than graduating completely.

10. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

Shiho was popular?

I think it will be Kawasaki Nozomi.

11. yumestarlet

yumestarlet Kenkyuusei

I personally don't see Kojiharu, Hana, Takamina, or Acchan going anywhere anytime soon. Acchan might be the most volatile of the bunch on that remark, given her acting career, but I don't think she'll be leaving quite yet. Kojiharu is total vital to AKB, as well; while she does have her acting career as well, I think she'll still stay a member. And as for Hana-- after getting chosen for Romance, Irane, I don't think she's headed for a graduation. Same goes for Yukari, actually (Romance, Irane + BBB). While she did her gravure PB, I just don't see her doing that full-time.

So that leaves Mai, Mariko, Nozofisu, and Hiichan off of that list. Mai and Mariko would be the two more realistic picks for this. Both of them have their successes outside AKB, and I could see a much more successful career for either of them than, say, for Yukari if she just up and graduated now (not necessarily in gravure, for those two). As for Nozofisu and Hiichan-- well, Nozofisu was chosen for BBB, but that never seemed like a "real" single since it was only by cell phone and stuff. And she's got her gravure PB, but again, Nozofisu is another I really don't see suddenly graduating to pursue this. I don't think she'll fare all that well.
    And Hiichan... well, she's not doing much, and she's not massively popular (if I'm not mistaken). I think she'd be more likely to graduate to go back to a normal life or something. So I could see her as a possibility.

So out of it all, I think the person I'd most expect to graduate is Maimai. She's great in AKB, but she'll do well if she graduates, too.

(Though, personally, I'd prefer it if a certain someone else not mentioned in this list from Team A graduated... >_>)

12. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

If there is only 1 member, I'll pick Maimai, if there are 2, Maimai and Mariko.
    These 2 girls are older (beyond the idol age) and they have plenty of jobs outside the theater.
    Keep in mind AKB48 is a springboard for many girls to get into showbiz.

On the other hand if Akimoto is not letting these 2 popular girls go, I would say he is moving Hiichan and Ohe to SKE48, I highly doubt this though. Haruna can't live without Hiichan :XD:

Not yet, they still need Acchan's face and Takamina's voice in AKB48 BUT if Akimoto moves these 2 girls, I will say Bye Bye Bye to AKB48!

13. HIROKI

HIROKI Kenkyuusei

The Stage48 Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    I think it is gonna be Maimai or Maimai

14. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

Yea same goes to me. Perhaps will say Bye Bye Bye to AKB48 if both of them is choosen :(

15. hina

hina Member

NO!!!!!! I DON'T WANT IT TO BE MAMAI!!!!!!!

if its Mamai, i'm gonna cry like this:

[​IMG]

UWAAAAAHHH!!!!!

16. kaito

kaito Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I'm pretty sure it'll be one of the ones that have been releasing PBs as of recently.
    Mariko and MaiMai seem like the obvious choices. MaiMai doing the variety show gigs and Mariko's presenting that Music show still (at least I think).

Nozomi would be the next choice, since she's modeling for quite a few clothes stores, and I think if she had the right promotion, could be really big in the graveur circuit.
    Yukari, I'm on the fence with. If any of those three above weren't, she'd be next. It was just the fact her latest PB had a giant 'AKB48' logo plastered on the front cover, while the others don't, as if to say 'YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE.' hahah

I don't think any unpopular members would be leaving soon either, for example Hiichan I know wants to get into the graveur circuit too (I'm pretty sure she dabbled with it pre-AKB), but since she's unsigned, I don't think she'd get up and go without an agency behind her.

Other than them, I think everyone else is safe. Acchan/Takamina/Haruna wouldn't dare leave, being front members of one of the biggest Idol groups around at the moment, and flying off solo would be a veryyy risky and silly thing to do.

I guess we just have to wait and see!

17. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Ah, I didn't even know Kitahara Rie was added until I read this. Forgot to check the News and Releases thread.

I can see both Maimai and Shinoda graduating. Though I guess I would prefer Mariko going, I voted for Mai. I'm not really sure but it seems like Maimai wants to move on to different things, and she didn't appear much at the theatre this month (Mariko didn't either though).

If it was either of these two wouldn't it be the first front-ish girl graduation for AKB48?

If a few girls don't go every year, won't we see a mass graduation around 2010-11 or something (if the theatre is still open)?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see :(

18. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Maimai or Maimai? :p

Duh, before cursing and crying and waving of angry fists, let's actually KNOW who will graduate :p After that I will personally wave my fist in Akimoto's general direction O:

19. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    After going through the recent stuff Mai and Mariko have been doing, I give up and I'll say that it'll be those two. At least Mai. Maybe not Mariko, though. Mai's been important for a while (like second tier important till Baby! Baby! Baby!), but Mariko's just starting to be popular. But, I'm sure she'll graduate soon too. After all, they both are somewhat old (my brother class Mariko 'the college student').

20. CupOfMidsummer

CupOfMidsummer Kenkyuusei

Got to agree. MaiMai and Mariko.

I thought about Hitomi at first, since she doesn't really do anything and just kind of exists in the group but the chances of Mai and Mariko leaving are more likely. As much as I love the two of them, I think they will fine even without being in the group.