[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Jman.HKojima.fan

Jman.HKojima.fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Sakura no ki ni Narou was the last song before the encore. I think.

2. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

LOL, I just took a closer look at the set list.

You guys got "Beginner" live. Nice.

I didn't see this mentioned, but where any of the songs cut short, like how they can be on TV and some Japan concerts? Or were they the full versions like an actual theater show?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hello.
    my oshimem is Iriyama Anna :)

i envy people went to Lincoln theater!
    really wanted to see :chuffed:

btw, anyone know where i can buy the t-shirts members wearing below?
    [​IMG]

4. wrxsti

wrxsti Kenkyuusei

Heck yes they need to come to the greatest washington! we are way better then that wannabee state washington DC.We are have more awesomeness to give! we got a SpaceNeedle! Trees! Trees everywhere! (Dont call us the Evergreen State for nothin!) We got mountains! all kind of moutains! big ones,small ones,and ones that blow up! sure, it rains most of the time but the sun does come around! and last but not least ... We build airplanes! AKB48 Theme 747 anyone :awesome: ? Seattle isent also known as JetCity for nothin!

Now tour the States so we poor people dont need to buy a plane ticket to japan! :XD:

5. Jman.HKojima.fan

Jman.HKojima.fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Ok, Thanks. That would be Rina Hiarata, correct me if I'm wrong. She did say she lived in Arizona for abit. she's cute.
    For someone so young she handled herself very well, put on the spot like she was.

6. twopointslow

twopointslow Kenkyuusei

All of the songs were abbreviated versions. The entire set list including encore/mc was just 1hr..
    will post my entire experience report when I get home. About to head to airport now.

7. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    [hehe] Lovin' Sae's super-bright hippy fluoro-coloured Adidas jumper up there. Nice shots by the way! What lens for your D300s?

And as for you Stage48ers...
    Own up. Who's this classy lookin' bro amongst you all? :awesome:

8. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

Rina Hirata. Glad it was brought up because I had read about "the one who speaks english" the other day and couldn't remember her name.

I like the sleeves on it, with the thumb holes. That's totally cool looking.

9. Halo48

Halo48 Kenkyuusei

70-200 2.8 vr1 and TC1.7II
    I got a few, better shots of Sae, but posting the photos of her giving me the growly face wouldn't be nice

yes, they are selling them at the large gift tent in the parking lot across from the Jefferson Memorial.
    They *should* be here: http://store.ncbfstore.com/index.html but they are not listed in the shirt section. maybe you can contact someone in the area and have them pick one up for you or contact the website it's self
    and have them ship out.

Edit add, they are also for sale in Reagan National. Just saw them as I was headed to my gate.

he season started super early and usually most folks come this week.

I really liked the DC shirts the girls where wearing in the 2nd encore.

congrats to the folks that was able to meet the girls after the show!! nice cherry on top of your day!

10. maki2589

maki2589 Kenkyuusei

hey guys guess what? i just got home like 10 minutes ago(probably later by the time i finish this post :D )! :^^;: holy crap that trip back was way longer than the trip goin there. i got an unexpected preview of the show when i first lined up with a couple of takamina fans. we were by the side door and started hearing them practice just a couple of minutes after we got there :D . one of the takamina fans started to cry out of excitement, cant really blame her though youre first akb concert is really something else. alil bit after that i moved up the line with raph and honeysenpai. we got interviewd by the japanese press [rock] , the guy was surprised to hear ive been a fan for 6 years :D and that i had a takamina printed towel, takaminas armband, and the blt shirt takamina designed. cant wait to see those!

the concert was freaking epic! [rock] i liked the fact that ume chan was in the center for quite a bit of the show and that takamina performed bird. the encore for the first concert was messy, but it had alot of energy and if anything else atleast it showed the girls how much their fans love them. the kids chanting we want more was totally awesome [rock] . the mc for the second concert was better than the first though, they seemed more lively than in the first concerts mc. the encore for the second one was more organized compared to the first, but it had less energy. i think its because alot more of the people there just met akb today. me and raiden actually turned to the crowd and started encouraging them to stand up and chant with us. some japanese people behind us were staring at us for a while, but they eventually stood up(i dont think they chanted or atleast not loud enough to hear). it woulda been awesome if the kids were there too :D

after the show some of us s48ers got together and grab a bite. i ate fast and went back to the back of the theater with raphaelaboy to see if i can catch akb leaving . i did! [rock] . though im kinda sad that i didnt get to give takamina the present i brought her. i didnt see the place we could leave our presents for them near the entrance, an epic fail on my part :cry: . i went back to subway with raiden afterwards though and we stayed until they were closing. afterwards i crashed at honeysenpai and his roommates for like an hour before leaving to catch my bus. i actually met xin and we talked on the bus till our high went down before we got some sleep.

all in all i think it was an awesome day totally worth the trip and more! now i gotta go rest up a bit before i have to work :cry:

11. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Those shirts were also for sale at the gift shop in Union Station, for those still in DC.

Great show, great crowd. I'm sorry I didn't get to hang out and meet people afterwards but I had to catch the last train home.

12. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I will post a (very) longer post later, but I think that I can confirm the setlist

Flying Get (Mocchi center)
    Everyday Kachuusha (Umechan center)

MC all the members (lol at Takamina doing the Kamehame at the second concert [hehe])

Bird (Takamina, Juri, Kojima)
    Kiseki Wa Ma Ni Awanai (Miyazawa, Umeda, Kawaei)
    Gyakuten Oujisama (Minegishi, ?, ?)
    Heart Gata Virus (Takajo, Ichikawa, Hirata)
    Hoshi No Mukougawa? (Matsui, Kuramochi, Suzuki, ?, ?) -it's the only one I'm not sure-

MC four members (Minegishi, ?, ?, ?) - yes, I had only eyes for Miichan ;) -

Kaze Wa Fuiteru
    Beginner (Umechan center)
    Ponytail To Shushu
    Sakura no ki ni Narou

ENCORE

Heavy Rotation (Umechan center)
    Sakura No Hanabiratachi

EDIT: apart from Gyakuten Oujisama, Miichan was most of the time far from the center... :cry:

13. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Concurring! Great turnout, no problems, and everyone was having a terrific time. I met a bunch of stagers for the first time and reunited with a few NYC alum. I would have liked to meet more of you guys, but didn't know who/where you were. The shows were kind of short, but I can't complain :D

Cy summed up our feelings quite well! So amazing to see the young (and old) in attendance involved like they were.

After seeing the girls off at their bus, I had dinner with a group of fans, and crashed. Driving home now.. will make a proper post/report soon!

14. rafaelaboy80

rafaelaboy80 Kenkyuusei

This was the guy who showed me what train to take to get back to Union Station, he was a pretty chill guy. He told me his s48 name but I forgot what it was but thank again man I appreciate it.

15. pitviper15

pitviper15 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    [clap] Everything just sounds so awesome, I'm glad everyone had a good time, it looked a fun.

Here is another japan news video from youtube, a few familar fans make an appearance here again. [clap]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n0wA04CO_8[/yt]

16. flamewave

flamewave Kenkyuusei

oh god.. i am nearly in every video....

17. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

its so cool that the t.v. filmed s48 people :D

18. Allocer

Allocer Kenkyuusei

God, I hate how I didn't see them off. ._____.

19. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I am pleased to report I made it in time for my midterm at 11am this morning, and that my arms have not fallen off (yet). XD

I kinda wish I stayed behind a little longer but I guess it can't be helped. I'm just glad I got to go since I really had so much fun. Probably more fun than anything else I can even remember, at all.

I don't know how people do it for 4 hour concerts though, the glowstick thing. My arms were killing me after 30 minutes!! XD Ehh practice and dedication I guess. =P

20. Allocer

Allocer Kenkyuusei

My body was falling apart from jumping 24/7, but I guess it's just practice. xD