Do you listen to music for the beat or the lyrics?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by kirifuda, Apr 15, 2013.

?

Do you listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both?

1. beat

16 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. lyrics

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. both

36 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    The beat, or to be more specific, the structure of the song. That's the basis for why I like most songs. Even if a song has great lyrics, if I don't like how it sounds, I can't get into it. Not to say I don't appreciate lyrics, but a song is a song to me because there's music to it. Lyrics add extra meaning to all the emotions you're feeling, which can sometimes take the lead when they are well written or communicate something.

I think lyrics benefit people who want to feel something specific in a song, at least to me.

2. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

No point in having good lyrics if I can't remember the tune or its really boring and plain.
    Good tunes structured well are essential to success.

3. roxyakbbliss48

roxyakbbliss48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    sailorcadetR
    both i'm really fluent in english and sometimes go for the lyrics i'm also mexican so for songs in spanish i also go for lyrics and as for jpop and kpop since i don't have any idea on what their saying it doesn't really matter

4. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    A little of both. At first I was disturbed at Choshinsei's "Dakishimetai" lyrics but I find it listening to it comfortably.

5. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Good lyrics are great. But I'd never listen to bad music with good lyrics over good music with bad lyrics. So, beat.