TV / Radio [DRAMA] - Mousou Deka! - 2010/1/12~

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by Criss, Dec 22, 2010.

1. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

I just watched episode 10 of this with subtitles.

This show just took a really dark turn all of a sudden.

Seriously, like this entire episode was really disturbing. Jurina was basically outing this couple and then accusing them of murder based only on her wild speculation. And then everyone agreed she was out of line. That last part seemed even more bizarre.

I mean, her wild speculation would be wildly rude and erratic in the real world, but so long as it was light and funny, it could be part of a strange comic world. It is a strangely inappropriate turn for the show to suddenly present the wold speculation as deeply disturbing and also acknowledge that it was deeply disturbing. It is as if the world suddenly shifted back into the real world.

Is Jurina just mentally ill and they were all humoring her until she went too far? Were they all just too polite to lock her up as the most probable killer? This went from cute and fun to dark and disturbing without any notice.

What do others think? Please don't spoil me for the last two episodes.

2. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

^
    Hard to explain without spoiling the other 2 episodes. Basically, this kind of drastic change has been done a lot before and the most remembered scene is from Evangelion episode 25 & 26. It's up to you on how you gonna interpret it. I already saw the last episode and I love it. But I kinda get it why some of you will hate it. If you not familiar with this style of directing, it's gonna left you feeling betrayed.

3. Cathy

Cathy Kenkyuusei

This series sounds VERY good, where can I watch with subs?

4. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

5. Geter92

Geter92 Kenkyuusei

I love this show i haven't watched the final episode yet i want to but i dont its killing me :D

6. ET920

ET920 Member

That is a common misconception. Most of those who watched Evangelion think it is a series about mechas, about God sending angels to destroy the earth, about the future... when it has always been about the relationship about a father who cannot express his true feelings towards his son and son who wants his father to be just that. The mechas, the angels, the evas, the sci-fi and everything else is secondary to the story.

Note that I am not claiming Mousou is as deep (and as misunderstood) as Evangelion, by the way [hi]

7. oddball

oddball Member

^

So your'e saying the created a delutional world witin a world within a drama to show that despite they are the same sex and have a releativly large age difference between them Rena actually has feelings for Jurina and can't really express them!

:blink:

8. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    People don't you all start going Sigmund Freud on this drama.

9. ET920

ET920 Member

I take the episode as a mock to those introspecting episodes (yes, Air and End of the World--I think those are the names of the last two Evangelion episodes--are that kind of episodes), but also to Suicide Club with its "Are you connected with yourself" speech and many others, just like episode 4 was a mock towards seitan series). Bidouleroux (he did the translation) might agree or disagree, but as I said, I am in no way trying to apply psychology on Mousou Deka [shock]

10. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

OK- I get that some of the episodes are spoofs/satires/homages to other genres of Japanese programming.

But the central conceit of the show- the mousou- the wild imaginings- are, in the real world, deeply disturbing and rude. The goofy world of the program had been accepting them as acceptable. The idea of a mousou detective was even accepted by the characters.

But, then, out of nowhere the wild imaginings in episode 10 become very dark and disturbing and the characters in the show acknowledge this. This seems to be, in part, breaking the established rules of the world. If it was ok for Jurina to make crap up to get at evidence before- why is everyone suddenly so upset? Was this particular mousou so much darker to the characters?

Part of me feels as if Rena confronting Jurina is breaking the established rules of the world. But at the same time the wild imaginings were significantly darker and more serious. But this then would be breaking the agreement with the viewer- the show was goofy fun but then has now suddenly become dark and serious.

It kinda reminds me of 'Audition.' That movie started with what seemed like a romantic comedy premise and then suddenly became a gruesome horror film. I don't know where the last episodes will go, but episode 10 seems to be a turning point where the show has left comedic farce to become a serious psychological drama. It was unsettling to watch.

11. ET920

ET920 Member

Hmm... well, then I will wait until the subs are out to hear your opinion again, since I am running with advantage here.

12. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Just re-watched the final four episodes of Mousou Deka. I need to get to bed now and I need to meditate on it more, but I need to comment just for a moment.

This show started as inconsequential goofy fun that I barely paid attention to. It ended as one of the more disturbing Japanese programs I have ever watched. I am wondering how much was lost in translation. I am considering re-watching it all for the details. How much of this really dark and messed up ending was foreshadowed? It felt like none of it was.

This show is messed up and fascinating. What the hell?

13. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

Finally got to see episode 12.. and the best part?
    [rock] Otherwise, I was just meh. And getting to see everyone <3

14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Ok, since the first 9 episodes brought in a lot of laughs, I'll just pretend the last three episodes did not exist :hmm:

It's not that they were bad but the sudden seriousness in contrast with all the hilarious preceding episodes was just meh.

The show did an evangelion on us.

15. teddbear55

teddbear55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyasumadoka
    The ending was so WTF :XD:
    I enjoyed it though [clap]

16. kyohiros

kyohiros Kenkyuusei

wtf with this kind of ending seriously? [shock]
    the only good thing is Churi's appearance at the end, KAWAIIIIIIIIII :cute:

but seriously tho, anyone care to elaborate me on the meaning of this ending?

17. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Just watched the last episode. lol sucked. I don't care if they were going for a "clever twist", it still sucked. Shawako's cameo was the only good bit.

18. nagisanocherry

nagisanocherry Kenkyuusei

just finished watching the entire drama~...the rest of the episodes are fun! until the ending~
    at half time on the ending episode..i was like, eh? wat is this? :fp: :^^;:

but it's ok..i enjoy watching this drama to waste my free times at college.. :^^;:
    i also end up buying the photobook for this drama~..

[​IMG]

got Jurina's poster [speechless] ...anybody else bought this? wanna trade with Churi ;)

19. ngmin

ngmin Kenkyuusei

Just started watching this drama...

oh my god Rena-sama !!!!!!

how the girls fangirl over Rena-sama, lol arent we all the same XD

20. krunchie

krunchie Kenkyuusei

I've been wanting to watch this drama... but sadly I haven't found it yet T__T
    It seems interesting and I've only seen pictures D:
    Jurina and Rena <3