[EVENT] 19th Single Janken Tournament (Results 1st Post)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by aakun, Jul 12, 2010.

1. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

**RESULTS**

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5384/19thsingle.jpg

PICTURES:
    http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000064335&p=4
    http://mantan-web.jp/gallery/2010/09/21_7/3.html

Senbatsu for AKB48's 19th Single will be decided by a JanKenPon Tournament, to be held at Budoukan this September 21st.

all AKB48 members and 4 previously selected Kenkyusei will participate. no SKE48 Involved.
    Senbatsu will consist of 16 members, while the loosers will be part of the Undergirls and Theater Girls (how they will arrange this hasn't been explained yet)

the order of the duels were randomly selected at the yoyogi concert:

[​IMG]
    (credits to ossan for the chart)

a "Janken-selection official guide book" will be published on Aug 31. no further details revealed so far

2. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

Re: [EVENT] JanKenPon Tournament (2010-9-21)

GO TANAMIN!

BATTER SUZUKI AND UMECHAN!!!

Sorry xD I don't usually get excited about this stuff, but knowing there's a chance that my oshimen could experience senbatsu once before she graduates is exciting....as long as its not rigged ¬_¬

I'm still suspicious of that.

3. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

GO GO SAKIKO! GO GO SAKIKO!

;___; Just knowing she has a chance. I'm still teary from when I was bawling earlier.

4. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

I'm all for this way, because knowing you went out by chance is a hell of a lot less heartbreaking than announcing that you're the least popular in front of the whole nation ¬_¬

5. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

A part of me is in for the excitement of this. But a part of me is also not very fond of the idea. [sweat]

6. immo

immo Kenkyuusei

...are you for serious? lol. a Jankenpon tourney? ...they're not taking this seriously anymore, are they?

7. stryder

stryder Kenkyuusei

^ lol immo how are u? i miss u XD *hugz* :)

wow jankenpon...i know it sounds crazy but lol seems interesting , GO!!! Kojiharu , Tomochin , Aachan and Yuko :D

8. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Good news for me, none of my favorites (personal top 10) have to compete against each other for a spot at the top, but will this tournament actually be legit?

9. lonewolfryuu

lonewolfryuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako

IMO much better than always picking the more popular girls for the main singles over the less popular ones, this is a nice and fair pace of change :)

... Myao and Nacchan :)

10. taiyaki

taiyaki Kenkyuusei

^
    ^Anything can be rigged, but since many of the previous senbatsu (including even the top 5) will 100% definitely not win, it'll still be at least a large change.

Plus there are tons of members who weren't even ranked that will definitely make it into senbatsu because of the brackets. My top 5 are all going to have to either murder each other or fight against the top 10, so I'm not expecting much on my side.

I just hope for the "lower" members that make it in don't get shafted in terms of screen time during production.

11. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

lol i wouldnt care if my oshi got in and had next to no screen time.

Just seeing her name in a single would make me proud.

12. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

I don't think this is as big a deal as so many are making this out to be. Especially when you consider the rate AKB has been putting out singles lately.

The coolest part to me is for those of us who root for the lesser utilized members. Here's a chance for our oshi's to be featured for a change. It will be interesting to see what happens during the tournament. No pressure on the usual senbatsu girls, but it will probably be taken very seriously by the UG's and TG's

I am sure management will have a plan to make sure the release sells well, regardless of who makes it into the single. Maybe another 2-shot event?

GO WASAMIN!!!!!!!!

13. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

This is silly. But I'll love it if Natsuki gets senbatsu and/or center.

I tried doing it... this was my senbatsu

(I wrote '1' and '2' in a random order and then went down the chart to see who was picked, with 1 being top and two being bottom in the pairs)

Center: Nakagawa
    Nakamata
    Kuramochi, Watanabe
    Sato S, Sato N, Komori, Kobayashi M
    Kashiwagi, Oku, Katayama, Suzuki, Sato A, Oshima, Oya, Iwasa

EDIT: Best possible combination (not randomized...)

Center: Sato N
    Maeda Am
    Chikano, Fujie
    Nakaya, Nakata, Yonezawa, Uchida
    Shinoda, Nonaka, Katayama, Suzuki, Matsubara, Sashihara, Watanabe, Kobayashi K

14. IndigoSkies

IndigoSkies Kenkyuusei

I like this because most of my favorites aren't usually senbatsu so this gives them a chance. :D Go Harugon and Micha!!!
    Plus I think this is just a fun thing to do. Obviously only for one single, but it's a nice break from the usual popular girls being senbatsu, knowing that anyone could end up being the center. And no SKE girls involved makes me kind of happy as well [hehe]

15. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Is anyone handy with Flash or the like? This would make an extremely amusing web game [hehe]

16. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

On the one hand, I am TOTALLY INTO THIS.

On the other, I know that I will be really sad if Nacchan doesn't make it into senbatsu the one time it's actually up to (for the most part) chance. But it would suck for any girl who isn't regularly in senbatsu, not just my oshi. I guess we'll all have to accept it now that some girls will get an opportunity they wouldn't normally, and others won't. It's better than none the background girls ever getting that chance at all.

Still, I know we'll all be hoping for our oshis. x____x Here's to hoping for Nacchan.

(I know people with regular senbatsu oshis will be hoping for them, too, but I think for once this is a REAL chance at a completely different senbatsu from usual - as opposed to the elections - so I'm hoping to see a lot of them make it. I honestly don't feel that bad for regular senbatsu members who don't make it, because they'll be back for the next single anyway, and this wouldn't be like the election, an indicator of popularity. Anything goes in a game left so much to chance.)

17. immo

immo Kenkyuusei

Lol. How's it going stryder! :D

But with this jankenpon thing, it'll be fun to see some of the other girls up front for sure. AKB management's pretty damn good and changing things up...

18. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I really hate that Natsumi has to go against Sakiko, if she manages to beat Komori. :cry: I also hate that Yuko's going against Sasshi. I don't know who to root for. D:

19. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

I take back everthing i said about Akimoto not willing to take chances, looks like even he wants all his members to do well so what better way for akb to do well then this way.

20. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

Speaking of which, how did they pick the order? And how did they pick who got into the next round already? I missed that explanation.