[EVENT] AKB48 at MIPCOM in CANNES- 5th and 6th October 2009

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Heika88, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    there won't be any moral issues cuz all the members under 16 won't be going because they're not allowed to perform/work in france, that's what happened last time(they brought 22 girls and only 16 could perform) Unless they've found a way around this or some special visa??
    omg I want to go but such short notice there's no way I could afford to take the plane/train now >__<

2. sekaru

sekaru Kenkyuusei

I agree but I think that for some MIPCOM people it remains skirt flutters, pants and young pretty ladies, even if they're over 16 years old >.>

3. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I suppose but what's the french law of consent??
    I think people are more accepting when given the chance than people think, I'm sure akimoto would've looked into that before organising this.

4. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Nuuu. Kasai is going T^T (maybe).
    I hope she has fun there, she seemingly likes France a lot I guess (or Akimoto tends to just send her to Europe). :tongue:
    Take care of her for me and tell her I said hi! whomever is going.
    Also say hi to Reinyan~

The girls that are going are pretty much the ones that went earlier this year.

Intercept them! And wish them good luck in France! haha.

5. Lokay

Lokay Kenkyuusei

According to the list, it seems that France doesn't deserve front members [rofl]

6. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^I think it's just a timing issue.

I'm surprised that Kana might be going, as she really has a weird relationship of being pushed. (She was a front girl, then she wasn't, but she's lead a unit in K2, K3, K4, and K5)

7. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Like RSL says...

Kasai is a front member :confused:
    Technically a "lower" front member
    But that's pretty much it. The other girls have either been featured in some singles or none. >_<;;

I guess that's what Akimoto feels about France... that he can satisfy them with just the semi-front girls lol. But still, you got a nice line up of girls going! You'll see the big boss too although not surprisingly like us in New York.

Maybe they have some event going during these dates for the Team A members. o-o
    Also the other girls just came back from New York. I don't think they would want to stay that long out of Japan. (Like half a month!)

8. richardthebrave

richardthebrave Kenkyuusei

CREi is a conference/event sponsor of this global entertainment content industry convention. I guess it makes sense that they introduce a successful idol group like AKB48.

Checking on the links in MIPCOM, all CREi clickable links points to http://www.akb48.co.jp/english/index.html

"CREi Inc.(formerly TBS Service Inc.) is one of the largest distributors for overseas sales in Japan. It started as a brand for overseas sales in TBS Service Inc. in 1998. We handle various Japanese programs including Animation,Feature Films, Variety Shows, Sports, Dramas and Documentaries of various production companies. In May 2003, we were officially established as“Media Shogun Limited ”to broaden our future opportunities, and in April 2005, the company name was finally changed to “CREi Inc.” We continue to be more active than ever in international market place far out of TBS Group and we aim tosatisfy your programming needs with our extensive program catalogues. We exhibit MIPTV and MIPCOM in Cannes, and many other TV/Film markets every year."

So they're the ones who sell the tv program broadcasts to overseas broadcast companies.

Guess Aki-P will be whoring them to different tv media outfits around the world. If AKB48 sparks enough interest there from broadcasters, that means more potential wotas and unit sales for the girls from overseas if they buy the AKBingo broadcast license.

Hmmm AKBingo broadcasting here in Metro Manila is a possibility if the local channels here like it [clap]

9. jam

jam Kenkyuusei

Attached Files:

10. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Ugboots :yikes:

11. sekaru

sekaru Kenkyuusei

^
    ^It almost looks like the Japan Expo² :lol:
    Rie, Akicha, Mocchi, Sasshi, Kasai, Kana and Moeno are here again.
    Too bad I couldn't see them :fp:

They shot River in Music Japan if I remember well.

12. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^
    ^At least they're not all wearing them. There's this one picture of half of Team K backstage at G-Rosso with matching Uggs.

13. Nao

Nao Kenkyuusei

14. Lokay

Lokay Kenkyuusei

OMG, it's really strange to see AKB48 on M6 [rofl]

However, they should check their infos, it"s not their first live in france

15. sekaru

sekaru Kenkyuusei

^ Indeed, it's pretty weird. My guess is that it must have been a lack of subject to treat :D
    Seriously, it could have been a good thing if they would be more objective.
    Calling them "Japanese spice girls" and ending the tv reportage by " There's still a long way to go "... [think]

But at least they get a media coverage and I'm glad that it's not too pejorative.

16. Takamina

Takamina Kenkyuusei

I agree with you!!

17. Lokay

Lokay Kenkyuusei

Totally agree. And the man who has been interviewed is really a jackass, he should return to his johnny halliday's cd [flip]

18. Korewahondes

Korewahondes Kenkyuusei

Very funny and "strange" but why not ? I heard Tsuyokimono Yo which is not from AKB48 though. So this review seems a bit cheap (wrong info about their first concert in France, wrong band's song) but it should be seen as a victory I'd said : they make abroad people talk about them, which is always good ! ^^

19. Lokay

Lokay Kenkyuusei

Tsuyokimono Yo on M6 ?!

20. Heika88

Heika88 Kenkyuusei

No comments!
    The French television is always.. :asdfgh:

Bad informations.. not objective..

I can't say more than all the other comments before me..