Event / Concert [EVENT] SKE48 Request Hour Set List Best 50 2012

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Oct 11, 2012.

1. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    You took it out of context, last year, Rena was the only SKE member in AKB's media senbatsu and was the strongest in HS events. I would assume that's the reason why Yuasa made a comment like that.

2. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    The voting tickets of this RH are included in every version of single, even theater one. So no surprise about singles ranked low, they and casual fans (if they have that much) have no chance against SKE crazy wotas.

And being Team Surprise which aim to take money from their wota and promote those girls nothing to general audience is equal to being dubbed as next center who inherited position from mighty Acchan that entire nation seem to care about?

And don't sure being AKB senbatsu backline is actually a good thing that can level any treatment they give to your princess, even an AKB ex-senbatsu said herself, "even i'm AKB senbatsu but i'm not center or anything so you probably didn't notice me much." And wasn't your girl also there if it's not late night live show/recording? (which rating is around under 5%), since last year AKB media senbatsu is 16-nin not 12
    ---

You're the biggest pro-Jurina i know actually (i didn't go her thread so might be someone OTP than you)

3. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    i wasn't arguing who or why. I was just saying that both girls get support from akb. The way Kokiburi and ganguro worded their post implied that it was just jurina getting support and I just promptly replied that both of them get support.

cool.. Yeah i lean more towards jurina but that's because she gets bashed a lot more and even in ske now she gets bashed simply cause she's with k too. I just think she doesn't deserve the injustice.

Lol i made no comment on omoide or kareha and ill stick to what i said last year.. Number 1 is supposed to be a single or group song.. if omoide was number 1 I'd be the first to criticize it for sure.

4. renx2

renx2 Kenkyuusei

Hmm... I think the tickets are only in the Limited versions. The regular versions don't have them. After the first day of Request Hour, even the wotas on 2ch were saying that was the reason all the singles were ranking so low. I also checked on Amazon Japan and only the Limited versions are listed as having the voting tickets (リクエストアワーセットリストBEST(50) 投票シリアルナンバー封入).

And why are you guys still arguing about this popularity thing and where the fans came from? Like I said in my previous post, why does it matter? Rena fans are Rena fans. Jurina fans are Jurina fans. Some are even fans of both. They bought the SKE cds so they have the right to vote. The voting results came out this way this year. So? Why should some people be so upset about it? Is Jurina any less deserving of votes than Rena? Or vice versa?

Or are some people really believing that handshake events are true indications of a member's popularity? It gives some clues. But not everyone likes to go, or is capable of going, to handshake events. If you give that much stock to handshake events, why not just have the senbatsu be decided on that? There, have Rena be Center or double center with Dasu in SKE48. And then Rena would be ranked like 3rd or 4th in AKB48 and be in Kami7. Dasu would probably be in AKB senbatsu. Doesn't work that way though.

Oh yeah, maybe I should add this disclaimer: I am a Jurina oshi. I don't think this invalidates what I said.

5. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    @tritoch So you're intentionally focus on only "whether" but neglect about "quality" in your aspect. I think they try to imply that it looks different because despite of both being in AKB senbatsu, Rena is just one they added to fill the line-up in the back, Jurina become full member of AKB and most likely next center who gain most attention. And this can help her gain a lot of support from new fans(or ex-center fans) when others don't have same chance since they're just background.

And become a center of attention of everything sure brought a lot of hatre since everyone have to decide whether they're goin to hate or love that center, it cannot help since it comes with the privilege of being the one who easily get to be known/cheer by general audience who won't spend much time to know those theater members who has rarely haters. If you want the one you supported get no hatred, pick someone nobody care.
    Your girl got privilege and that come with cost, if any girls in entire48 can choose, they also surely want that same privilege, but they cannot.

Your last statement is hard to prove now, for me #1 song should be the most vote song, that's all.

@renx2 http://www.ske48.co.jp/news/?id=1343996 ... ct=release hope you can find it..
    I thought we vote for songs :p Some complained similar thing last year and tell it's because of song.

who brought it up here anyway, not me ...

But Keibetsu(theater) HS event tickets are pre-order one which you can order which member you want to shake hand in specific time and date. Each timeslot of each members has limited tickets. You can order as many as you want for one account. They limited you only 3 ticket per order in 1st round and went unlimited in rounds after that. So the one who can sold out fastest could imply she has high demand.
    This knowledge is known only fans who is hardcore in some level. So most general fans who might know only frontline senbatsu had nothing to do with it anyway.

And AKB senbatsu are rarely decided solely by any popularity measure alone, it's decided by Aki-P, AKS executives, Kings record and ohta pro. :D Sometime they seem based on election result or HS record just making sure everyone happy while working on something else they planned :D

6. renx2

renx2 Kenkyuusei

I can find it. The top says "Title undecided" "Theater version". Doesn't say it's all versions. And also that was such early news they didn't even decide on the single title yet. Maybe you should go to the updated page:
    http://www.ske48.co.jp/discography/?id= ... ect=single

and search for: リクエストアワーセットリスト2012投票券

Only Limited versions and Theater versions have the tickets. Regular versions do not. Hope you can find it.

Don't pick at my words when you guys were obviously arguing about Jurina and Rena's fan base in the posts just above mine. I was responding to those posts. And I already made it clear in a previous post that I want a group song or single to be first. I want Omoide Ijou to rank high but I don't need it to be first. This is SKE48 Request Hour and I'd much rather a whole bunch of girls can share in the joy of performing such a song as the top Request Hour song that year.

The only thing I wrote directed to you was the voting ticket not being in regular versions. The handshake events thing was not even directed at you specifically. I used different paragraphs in the post but perhaps it wasn't clear. Anyways, I've been reading around the net (maybe even this thread; I don't remember) of people complaining: 1) with Rena being so "obviously" more popular, Kareha no Station should be on top; and/or 2) Omoide Ijou votes were from non-SKE fans of Jurina.

1) is possible but debatable. Your argument that the ones who sell out more are in higher demand... sure, but it doesn't mean anything when not everyone can, or even want to, go the handshake events, which I already said above. What's the distribution of fans for Jurina? For Rena? I don't think there's any hard data, but from what I understand, Jurina has a lot of fans who are of the older generations, most of whom would feel embarrassed to go to handshake events and even said so on 2ch. She also has a lot of younger fans who can't go to these events. Rena may have these kinds of fans as well, but I think not as large a proportion.

2) is just ridiculous. Both Jurina and Rena have tons of non-SKE fans. The hope is that they bring these fans to like SKE. But I already posted about that in an earlier post today so I won't repeat again.

7. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    I'm not one who start, i just join the fun of it later ... :D If some just let it passby since beginning, it won't be a fanbase war here.

And ok you might be right about regular edition, but since theater edition which contributed 70% of sales has voting tickets, so casual fans who know only single has no chance about influencing result in favor of singles, that's my point there.

And as limited edition also contain national HS ticket, so it's high possibility that many of buyers of that edition are SKE wotas who obsessed to shake hand their girls, so not much new potential fans in this part too i think.

This debate wont' change the result and won't change future that's goin' to happen. If nobody quote my post anymore, i also will end this here.

8. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Can we please get some Yuria-oshis in here complaining about how the kenkyuusei outranked her even though she's doing so much more and better? Where are the Rikako haters saying she played dirty by playing the graduation card? This is really sad behaviour to see from fellow SKE fans and all it does is give a bad image.
    I think we should get back on topic and talk about the event as such. This whole "discussion" must be a terribly tiring read for everyone else who comes here to see something about Request Hour. No wonder if they're avoiding the thread.

Yes, the voting tickets were in the theater edition just as well. I've got 21 of those. I don't believe in power-voting though so you won't see me shoot them all at one song.

9. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika

5th gens wotas only had 1 song to vote for and judging by how ske wota-level hardcore their fanbase, its no surprise they grabbed 4th. In fact I think if you tally the DMM votes in, most likely it would go to their song as SKE KKS is really a hit with the people watching the SKE LOD service.

Also I think the Yuria votes were split between Wimbledon and Ookami and true enough I've seen people complain why Yuria wasnt in it.

10. Thumbster

Thumbster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    azumarion
    I'm so surprise to see tons of long argument about Jurina/Rena thing. I never know that a song ranks above another just one rank will lead to something big like this.

I'm a fan of 'middle(popularity) kids' like Kuumin, Yuria, Kanon, Ogichan so I really satisfied that they song list. I think their songs rank pretty high and they got to perform it (well, Yuria should be in Wimbledon). So my babies do really good this time. I always looks at Jurina and Rena equally since they always the "2top of SKE" so I really surprise to saw this...

11. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

I know and it's quite sad really. Imagine if either were at no.1 rather than Hazumisaki, seriously it'd be ike World War III or IV (although we could be close to it)..heck we could possibly have a trilogy :fp: People in here really need to cool off.

IN any case, I'm glad Hazumisaki got to no.1, perfect send off to Mary although, she hasn't had her grad show yet right? So we get to see her IN SKE and Team S for a little while longer? :)

12. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    ^ There's nothing to see. People estimated that the theater renovation is still at 30% completion. Some expect it earliest to be December.

There were also no concert announcements ;( Why can't they do a concert during Christmas? They did it for Nagoya Ikki back in 2009 ;(

My ideal situation: Mary announces the S3 senshuuraku effectively killing the long drawn out stage finally. [rock] [rock]

13. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

^
    Are they not temp living out of the other 48G's theatres right now? Ideal situation is her final show is he opening of the new theatre but whether that will happen, who knows I guess :p

14. crazy-kuroneko

crazy-kuroneko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    crazykuroneko
    Finally managed myself to post here after the thunderstorm last night :p

Imo, this year we have the fairest top 3 : no 1 for the sake of captain & SKE and the others for the two aces.
    I don't see anything to be complained about. Though if Kareha got 1st maybe I would feel a bit disappointed because I really looked forward for another song topping the ranking and it's regardless whose song it is [wonder]

As whole, I'm shocked about how low the singles are. Gommen ne Summer and Katafai were lucky to be in Day 2
    Even Tsuyoki mono yo didn't rank :(

Also, Akagumi's song from Kiss datte didn't rank too though i think it's the best song from them. And lack of Team S' songs. They really need new setlist

For yuria, I also curious what happened to her until Ju had to perform. Was she sick? Because she also had a bandage on her right arm in the 4th anniversary live.
    Ju even apologized about her sudden appearance on her blog last night because she really felt the shock of Yuria's fans :blush:

I'm so impressed with Team E and kenyuusei's achievements. Their really did a good job.
    This is such a nice thing for Team E who were kind of disappointed with Sousenkyo this year (only Kanon ranked in)

For next year, I hope the single songs will come back on their track, more Team S' songs, and group's song topping the ranking because Iit will be okay for everyone :hehe:

15. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Anyway this years ranking has really pointed out something that I think might be worrisome for SKE"S future if something isn't done soon. The singles are too generic, and it's kind of hard to argue that I don't believe the same. They really need a different kind of single that isn't all cheerful and glittery and for once, not just a song about being in love. Maybe be if the next single had a bit of a rock edge if might be more interesting!?

16. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    Well AkiP certainly will note the results this year and hopefully gets off his ass and actually write something good for A-side. I can't really complain though since the B-sides for SKE this year has been nothing short but spectacular.

I think they're ready for a new image and a different sound. SKE senbatsu got a bit of an image overhaul in AKB's B-sides and of course, J and R in UZA. It shows that they can do something else other than cutesy and pop so hopefully the opportunity presents itself for them soon. I think we'll see SKE do UZA sometime and that'll be a good testing bed for a new image for them.

17. kokiburi

kokiburi Kenkyuusei

Disdain HS event... [rofl]
    Kobetsu. Not keibetsu. And who said casual fans? Most AKB fans know how to apply for special HS... [think] Not like we will ever know who voted for who anyway, but I don't believe in coincidences.

And that would be for the best. Problem is, and it was demonstrated by top 10 songs being units for a good share, that SKE has no elections. Fans don't have the chance to express their support to the girls so clearly than during RH. And so, something that should be a "song appreciation ranking" ends up in a popularity poll / reward ceremony. I don't have any idea how to avoid it really...
    Jurina said she wanted elections among SKE (or at least hoped that fans would be asking for one which is roughly the same thing) but I doubt all the members share that opinion.

AKB General Elections? Will consider it a viable option when they'll put voting slips in all sister groups CDs because right now buying AKB singles to vote for an SKE member, it's like offering flowers to your neighbor when you want to prove your affection to the one you love. Stupid.

Avoiding? No SKE thread has been so active in months~ [cool]

^This.

Same wish here. KataFai is the single which ranked the highest no? Hope Aki-P takes the hint and follow this trend. UZA style would be going a bit too overboard and I doubt 48 needs to have 2 groups (with the same center 'orz) doing the exact same thing but if they manage to have a powerful song SKE'flavored that would be... great :cute: . Now to wait until January... :fp:

18. MarikoYuki48

MarikoYuki48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    motomuraaoi
    Twitter:
    IwanDesu
    Same wish here. KataFai is the single which ranked the highest no? Hope Aki-P takes the hint and follow this trend. UZA style would be going a bit too overboard and I doubt 48 needs to have 2 groups (with the same center 'orz) doing the exact same thing but if they manage to have a powerful song SKE'flavored that would be... great :cute: . Now to wait until January... :fp:[/quote]

yeah
    I hope next singles will the most awesome singles ^^

19. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    No HRP is right "that" topic is uncomfortable and that many are shying away causing only those that are very into it to repost, but even though it's one of the most active in months that's nothing to be proud of.

20. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    It's the "AKB OOth Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo". There's a difference between "AKB" and "AKB". One is the main group and one is the franchise - it's either the group consisting of three teams or the family made up of four groups (in Japan).
    If people really want to go with examples, why not try this one: when you vote for a politician you like, you don't visit his house and drop something in his post box, but vote for the party that he's a subordinate to. In the case of someone like Rena, that could be both SKE or AKB. One is the branch, one the mothership.

If management does something, there's a reason to it. Sure, they could put tickets into SKE (and NMB, HKT) singles as well. But it's no news that in the end it's all about sales. They want their singles to sell as much as possible so they artificially boost it - otherwise they'd be selling handshake tickets and photos or trading cards separately. By spreading the same bonus out over all groups' CDs, it would naturally eventually lessen the sales of all of them, because...

To attain equality and be in time for sousenkyo, they'd have to sell all groups' singles at the same time, which would be a ridiculously stupid move marketing-wise, doomed to fail by default. It's not possible in practice. 90% of the fans would be unable and unwilling to go with this financially. On release day, I personally would probably need the equivalent of close to a thousand euros if I wanted to take part in the events to the extent that I usually do - and no, that's nothing even I would go for.
    The sales of SKE, NMB and HKT would experience the biggest drop, since core fans would chose the main group's big kobetsu in favor of the others.

As for the thread - it is active, yes - but I wasn't talking of activity per se but comments and discussion regarding the event as such, not unproductive ranting for the sake of ranting itself. There's people that would have liked to comment on the Request Hour, but shied away from it because of this charade. I'm sure you can imagine the image this gives of us as a whole.