[GAME] Sailor Zombie AKB48 Arcade Edition (Arcade)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by soul.assassin, Dec 21, 2013.

1. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I recently came across a news announcement from the official blog, and then saw this pic:
    [​IMG]
    http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-11732321347.html

It had to be the wackiest thing I ever seen since the band Journey once even had games capitalizing on its fame.

From what bits of translation I could glean, basically it's an arcade shooter from Namco Bandai and Nextel Entertainment, where the objective is to carry a gun loaded with a vaccine and then -- I believe that you have to fight your way through by "curing" infected minions until you go toe-to-toe with the sub-boss and free from her infection (similar to other arcade shooters such as House of the Dead, but this really reminds me of Acclaim's Revolution X); this goes on through several challenging levels until you confront the final boss (assuming if the tentative artwork is final) -- Yuko.

Members included in this game are Yuko 大島優子、Mayuyu 渡辺麻友、Yukirin 柏木由紀、Kawaei 川栄李奈、Annin 入山杏奈、Kojimako 小嶋真子、and Mikichan 西野未姫.

Playtesting starts between today until the 23rd.

2. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

Re: [GAME] AKB48 Thrill of the Night (Arcade)

... What on earth? First OJS48, now this. If I were to have a say in making an AKB arcade game I would make it a rhythm game, or one that uses the Kinect a la Dance Evolution. Dance Evolution has HebiRote and KFC now, but I wish they had more AKB songs though.

3. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka

yeah, I agree cause I'd played that AKB48 game AKB48+ me with weird looking AKB48 member character counterpart.it's not that satisfying. but I guess creating a game needs a huge budget and plenty of time allotment. it's a matter of who would want to produce it. i'd actually like a next gen console AKB48 game. with storylines and real-time game playing. but that's just all wishful thinking.

4. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I would totally play this game :hehe: !

The unfortunate truth to making idol video games is that they tend to feel dated a few years down the road, so it's hard to convince the biggest video game makers to take on such a project. The best producers in the game industry will always have their hands full with projects already planned for the next 3~5 years, so you can't just go to them and say "Hey, how about you stop working on Final Fantasy 16 for a while and make this AKB game for me?" As a result we're usually stuck with small developers who are convinced they can make a quick profit.

5. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

As I see it, since this is coming from the same game company that makes the Idolmaster games, it would've been interesting and entertaining to see the 2D IM@S girls go up against real-life 3D AKB members (or I would prefer, 0048 members) in a huge rhythm game showdown ala Capcom vs. Marvel, but apparently they don't want to create a IM@S clone using the IM@S game engine with AKB members in it, and that there's this divide and apparent hostility between ACG (anime-comic-game) otaku and wota, who also have differing tastes and views.

The top Japanese game developers are probably more interested in taking fighting games to the next technological and skill level, or rehashing RPGs, unlike their Western counterparts. Which is why Famicom ended up giving Skyrim one of the highest scores in their history for non-Japanese games.

6. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka

AKB48 could have three platform games imo, The Majisuka Gakuen fighting game,a Rhythm Game.and also a AKB0048 adventure/action/shooting game. Sony could produce it if they wanted to since Sony is associated with AKB48 anyway.

7. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I doubt it as the whole franchise went over from Sony Records to King.

8. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Is that zombie Mayuyu? :lol: Who's that girl in the upper right hand corner trying to make a zombie pose but totally not succeeding? :^^;: They like totally need to do a commercial for this game... I've noticed that people are either really good at acting like zombies or they epic fail at zombie acting... there is like no in between. :XD:

9. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

^ I think it's Nishino Miki. Not really sure with the low-res photo. New gen push is strong here, definitely!

God I want an AKB rhythm game so much. In all the rhythm games I see today it's either there's no AKB or it's just Hebirote and a random other single, usually EbiKatsu or Ponytail. I want the new singles too! Surely the top selling group in Japan would warrant some of its newer songs to be included in arcade games.

(I think only Taiko no Tatsujin has many AKB singles as playable tracks, however their difficulty is really low and they're all covers.)

/endrant

10. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy

Damn I really wanna play this game! And not to mention it's a freaking fps zombie game with awesome AKB members!! Double happiness!! Hoping this game doesn't have any problems and will be available in arcades when I visit Japan next year.. It'll never be in local arcades afterall.

^I want a rhythm game too! I've only experienced one with AKB songs, and it only has ponytail to shushu. I guess that's better than nothing though. Kept replaying the song :^^;:

11. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

^ wait, where did you play that game at? I only ever saw Ponytail being included in a weird rhythm shooter (?) game that was in the back corner of the arcade at T3.

12. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

There's been a really popular zombie shooting game in the arcades that's supposed to pretty good, they spray mist at you, it's really loud, and such. I've seen it but I'm terrified to play it, lol. Maybe they're trying to take advantage of it.

There seems to be a number of rhythm games that feature AKB although yeah it's mostly Hebirote. The most obvious one is Taiko no Tatsujin but I think Hebirote was on DDR and Jubeat, 10nen Sakura is on Reflecbeat, EbiKachuu and Hebirote are on Sega Maimai, Hebirote and KFC on Dance Evolution.

13. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka

what? lol, I didn't meant that when Sony will make an AKB48 game that means they'll take over releasing AKB48 singles under their name. what I meant was Sony making an AKB48 game release under their name.

@Jayden
    I'm not satisfied with Taiko no Tatsujin. I like dancing rhythm game than drumming. there are two rhythm game pc platform which have AKB48 music on it. since anyone can make a game song out of it. one is
    Osu
    https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?q=akb4 ... 0&g=0&la=0
    and
    Stepmania
    http://www.stepmania.com/

14. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy

it's the drum game at city square mall's timezone. pretty limited songs though. :^^;:

15. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu

What happens if there is a PV for this game like how Juuryoku Sympathy was for Pachinko machines? [wonder]
    Imagine zombie AKB members in the PV! :XD:

16. sjneow

sjneow Kenkyuusei

what? lol, I didn't meant that when Sony will make an AKB48 game that means they'll take over releasing AKB48 singles under their name. what I meant was Sony making an AKB48 game release under their name.[/quote]

That is not Sony's style lol, they believe in monopolizing, if they are going to make a game, they are going to make sure they own the entirety of the property where they can.

And not to mention the sour relationships between Sony Music and it's Playstation arm makes this kind of relationships highly unlikely. A recent interview for PS4 even mention how during the early days of Playstation, Sony Music even charged more to allow the games to use their own music than 3rd party companies.

17. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

At the risk of sounding like a parrot, I too wished they simply had made a rhythm game. With their huge discography and number of members across all of 48G, they could have easily made something akin to the Project Diva series only with real idols instead of virtual ones. What a huge missed opportunity. And I'm honestly not interested in... whatever the hell this is at all. :-/

18. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

19. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Rhythm game meets rail shooter + zombies, who would have thought of that combination. :D

20. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

I would buy a Japanese play station 6 or whatever to play this game.