[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Btw, from today, those that under 17 can tweet. That means Okawa Rio and Tatsuya Makiho (don't know if anyone else has a twitter account) started tweeting today. Also those that don't have the official mark can also tweet now. That means Ma Chia-Ling, Sato Kiara, and Kitazawa Saki can tweet now.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Queen of hygiene.

But for real. I usually avoid the common room in my school during break and lunch because having so many people in there makes it unbearable (and it's like 80 teachers!), I can't imagine a room with a thousand people, no matter how big the place or high the ceilings are.

3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

4. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Wait, they aren't doing separate concerts this year in separate venues?

Sure it's an up for the unranked girls (last year was at some hall), but for the top 80? Sounds a bit lackluster.
    I wonder if it's a way of management trying to keep a low profile after the Okinawa debacle.
    I sure hope those fans who flew all the way there geta free entry.

6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I don't know exactly, but they clearly lowered down their pace.

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Poor Yui though.
    She said she wanted to bring tje current AKB to Tokyo Dome, but they're going the opposite way.

I remember 2011/2012 when they kept performing in bigger venues.
    And now not only they barely perform, they do it in smaller and smaller places.

If Mayu leaving can just take them to SSA... I don't know.

8. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    The current AKB is a mess. They pushed and pushed the most popular girls, without thinking about the future. After they were all gone, they didn't know what to do anymore. They don't know where to focus. Especially now that AKB48 = 48G.
    But as long Aki-P is getting money from somewhere, none of this matters... And right now, his primary source of money isn't AKB.

... Just venting out, lol

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Dunno, they still sell the most.

Between AKB singles and SG ones, the 48G sells easily 8 million cds a year.

But I guess having the theatres running also takes a bunch and I don't know if they're sustainable with entrance tickets and whatever the fans spend while they're there.

Still, it feels like lazy management.
    They're just letting the boat go wherever the current takes it without clear direction.

I understand Keyakizaka is currently what je wanted AKB to be in its beginning (Seifuku and Keibetsu are basically preludes to Keyaki's tunes), but still...

10. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Don't forget 46G makes a lot of money with DVD/BD/those extra merch sales. Also they're filling big venues, Tokyo Dome in the way for Nogi, etc.. That's why their revenue was bigger overall the last year.
    Speaking about boat, they're investing a lot in STU's theater. And after the Okinawa fiasco, they must have lost a big amount of money... So yeah.
    Keyaki is Aki-P's baby right now. Nogi is a stable source of money currently achieving its peak. Sakamichi is where the management is using the lessons learned with AKB, imo. One of the recent examples is the brilliant promotion to Nogi 3rd gen.
    But I'm deviating from this thread.

11. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Circle of life is funny thing. Back in days it was up up up for AKB, dome tours you name it and now they can't even afford dome graduation concert for AAA stars like Mayuyu.

12. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Sure this was still true for AKB probably 2 or 3 months ago.

I'd say after Megs openly criticized management AKS seem to actually have some direction changes into investing more of the younger gens recently.

Really? I thought the Setouchi DMO was driving the whole STU project.

Lawson and Okinawa government lost the most money since they prepared and invested everything into it. AKS probably just lost it's profit.

When did the decision of having Mayoyo's concert in Saitama involved lack of money?

Yuko's grad wasn't even Tokyo Dome either. Nor was Kojinyan, Takamina, Bakaei, and poor Paru.

Besides the members in 48G history who had a Tokyo Dome graduation was Acchan, Tomochin and Akimoto Sayaka right? With the last two being in a bundle of dome tours like you said.

Anyways I think as long as AKS is still milking money out of HS and special events in every single sales, they are still pretty much filthy rich. Without even talking about the random accessory stuff they put out each year.

13. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Well about STU, if that's true, I lose my point. But about the SSK, even if that's true, they may have lost those sponsors.
    I hope they are really focusing in the younger gens as you say. At this point I'm looking more into the image that AKB gives than into the money. But management may see it differently. As long as the money comes...

14. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Oh...I meant Family Mart not Lawson. ahem AKB has tons of other sponsors so you don't have to worry about that lol.

For instance AKBingo, idk if it was the schedule recording issue before it was all a talk show like many has expressed their discontent in the thread. Now it has returned to a game/competition packed which also gradually pushing other young gens such as Kiara, Macharin, Satone, Megs, Eitos and Mion.

For event wise, 16th gen is getting more and more appearance in lives such as having their solo concert and TIF.

Stage wise same policy too with more and more special stages whom the producers are eager to pick from are mostly D2's, 14-16th gen and Eitos as well.

Not to mention 16th gen is getting the most out of this period as they recently just won their ticket into Janken as well. Also they also get to have this fun project thing to make and publish their own DVD jacket for their concert.

if the video does not show watch the video here

So I'd say the management is treating the young gens fairly generous up to this point and starting to really give more chances to invest resources in some of them as well.

It's not very obvious now, but I do feel some direction is changing in AKS these past 2 months after SSK. And if they would do a big reshuffle properly then I guess things should be looking brighter in the future.

15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  16. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yeah thanks...I have already corrected myself in my last post. :^^;:

Lawson just popped in my head first cuz they are hella sponsoring STU nowadays lol

17. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
  18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    But NMB aint there lol

It says the live and special events that day are free, only HS needs tickets.

19. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    nmb just had a shuffle!

20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Wait what, did I miss something. They shuffled already lol?