[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    This is good. This is more drama.

2. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    With all of this publicity, I'm not surprised if they challenge fans to get 1M sales first week with a tandoku single for the 51st and if it fails, they will resort back to SG member dominated senbatsu again later.

But hey, money is money as long as you get it clean :shifty:

3. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Pretty sure the same thing can be applied to previous singles. This latest single isn't the special snowflake.

4. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

AKB's sales are absolutely fine. But member-wise, there's big problems.

Team 8 is the best team in AKB right now. Their members are the best young members in all of AKB right now. They should not be disbanded at all. But what they need to do is take the top 3-5 members, put them in AKB teams, and get new members. Yuiyui, Cho, Naru, Nana, etc. should be put in AKB. No matter how much it sucks for team 8, its the only way to get the best members into AKB right now. Because lets face it, team 8 is not really an AKB team.

And then AKB needs to promote the KKS, and in December announce 17th gen. And finally, stop putting the mid-gen's who aren't going anywhere in the singles. Annin, Renacchi, Miichan are basically not doing anything for the future of AKB. Replace them with actual young new gen members who might just have a chance to rise up. And limit sister group members to 2/group max, no exceptions. With 5 sister groups, thats still 10 members. Then make 21-nin singles the norm, so its 11 AKB vs. 10 sister groups. Or maybe 1 sister group member only, with 16-nin singles. Maybe then there will come someone now who in 2-3 years can rise to the top.

Because with Mayuyu leaving (and probably Yukirin next) there's not a single top-level AKB member left.

Team A? Nobody famous or top level
    Team K? Nobody famous or top level
    Team B? Yukirin (26 years old) - only top level member
    Team 4? Nobody famous or top level
    Team 8? Nobody famous or top level (and its not really an AKB team anyway)

Really????? That's absolutely horrible. 1 out of 90+ current AKB only members. Once Mayuyu leaves, AKB will be in the worst shape 'member-wise' since everyone was a nobody in 2005. I know the sales will always stay up high, but they really really need a member to rise up and become super popular. There's literally only Yukirin left who is an actual kami-level member like Acchan, Mayuyu, Yuuko, Paruru, Takamina, Kojiharu, etc. Because lets face it, it doesn't matter if someone like Nana or Juri is voted into kami7 next year, we all know they aren't actually at those levels like the real kami members of AKB's past.

5. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

This is special because I believe this is the 1st time they will have more SG than AKB in management selected senbatsu. Combined with the fact that this is Mayuyu final single which probably lots of people (and members!) predicted that she will be surrounded by AKB members, I think this definitely push more people to want an AKB only single.

6. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    OK! it's really good for girls, BUT not release like "AKB48" group! JUST NOO!!!! They just destrot and kill this brand!

7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    o_O

In a matter of seconds, not only you wouldn't solve any of AKB's problems but you would wreck Team 8 forever.

The solution isn't to destroy the only good thing you have in hands but to actually give it a chance.

(And those members can't move to Tokyo right now, because that's what it means to be part of AKB4)

8. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    HEY! Yuihan!! :rant:

9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    ^ Yeah, rip Annin too.

And yeah no...that's actually good. Because young members can actually stop living under and chasing off those "kami" members shadows and actually start something they can own up to. An AKB team that they can call it's theirs. In this idol world, any prominent group lasts up to 10 years or more is prompted to have reset/ rebuild years to come, same with any sports team or any franchise's dynasty. Nothing lasts forever. And it's alright.

With the likes of nakomiku, yuiyui and satopii Jurina etc still sticking with the group, AKB can last at least another 10 years.

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Dropping Annin and Renacchi would be such a bad idea after everything they've investedin them.
    Sure, Annin doesn't do HS, but she's known for her modelling gigs.
    And Renacchi is AkiP's secret weapon, guys! :^^;:

If only they didn't have to sing the 27738382927th version of Seishun Girls or Pajama Drive every day in the theatre(s).
    The theatre is also a problem when it comes to keeping the current girls in the shadows.
    Hell, we all check Nagisa no CHERRY to see who's the next Acchan and so on.

Still, it feels like they knew this would cause a fuss, cause they did it right with High Tension: just one girl per SG (except for HKT lol) and tons of new AKB. So why go the othee way now?
    Now if they don't include team songs or give something to the theatre girls... burn it.

11. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  12. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    I really want to appreciate the girls for who they are and not because they're the nth coming of Acchan or whatever. The original girls are immortalized in the studio recordings of stages and in DVD versions so it's super easy to find their performances. I mean, I had no idea who Masuda Yuka was until I committed to listening to the studio recordings, and now I can identify her voice in a whole lot of stuff.

Anyway, because their performances are readily available it's really easy to dig up a video and be like "this new unit is fine I guess but it's not as good as the original members" (that the song was written for).

And it's not as simple as original stages for everyone (although I wish it was) just because that's...a lot of work. AKB has a massive back catalog. New stages can be made with old forgotten B-sides and new unit songs can either be written for the stage or slowly introduced as new B-sides. Eventually you have a whole stage...eventually.

13. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    For sure, whatever they do, they'd be fools to split up Team 8. The only reason I believe AKB is even capable of excluding SG in singles and still have a chance to build something new and successful would be on the backs of Team 8.

And this is why I think Team 8 is able to be so good. Mariko-sama famously encouraged all the juniors to have the determination to crush their seniors, but for the most part, they were content just to fill their shoes instead. So the "new era" never came, the old one is just very slowly dying out.

Meanwhile, Team 8 was able to develop outside of that shoe-filling culture, and has built something special that we haven't seen for a long time in AKB. They are the new era just waiting to happen. Still waiting AKS. Do something soon pls.

14. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I think you guys are mistakening something. Team 8 is an amazing team, full of talent, no doubt but that doesn't mean they'll carry the future. It's the money that will. So what if Team 8 dominates the A-side Senbatsu or whatever. If it doesn't bring in sales, that's pointless. Yes, more and more Team 8 members are ranking in SSK but they're still far from the actual money making SG members and votes doesn't necessarily mean their fans will buy everg CD either.

AKB has already stained their name. The public interest will not improve much even if the group turns talent based. The best bet right now is to just throw whoever wotas like and milk the fck out of their money.

15. rabyo

rabyo Kenkyuusei

May I post video to relax time board .[hehe]:hehe::hehe::blush:
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/av13351329/
    cr.k4zura
    This video collection member in 48 &46 group work dubbing animation.
    I just know member in 48 &46 group have work dubbing animation. Some member dubbing animation like real voice but some member is biggest change voice from real voice. Guest who?[hehe]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  16. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    That's what got them into this mess. They've been doing exactly that and now there are so many SG members that it's hurting AKB's image. They can't keep it up forever, at some point they have to turn over a new leaf and invest in AKB's future, even if it costs them in the short term. And the window to do that with their best prospects, Team 8, is now.

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Team 8 is just a niche entity with a few loud fans. They're not the big deal some seem to think they are.

18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Ya those songs they picked lol

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

19. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Well there who are many who don't consider Team 8 to be really part of AKB48 proper. I mean, they are officially, but they are also kind of their own thing. They have their own songs on singles with sister group B-sides instead of singles with AKB team songs, and they have Kenin positions in AKB teams. They're not really a sister group, but close. I think that if they just start focusing on them as the "AKB" representatives that will still piss many people off.

20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Probably just the Eitas, I welcome any girl who flies the AKB flag proudly.