[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I think they can just let them create their own content. As far as i can see, their ideas are funnier / more interesting than the ones already existed like
    • Infiltrating school
    • Guerrilla live
    • The hiragana punishment auction from bingo
    • Pranking Mon for the whole day
    • Game competition / Jinrou game

2. glsone

glsone Member

It seems to me that management or the producers or whomever it is are really hesitant to retread things Nogizaka did on their shows with Keyakizaka (the scary summer stories in yukata episodes the exception it seems). So they are trying to come up with original stuff with the problem being most of their best ideas were already used up in the 5 years Nogizakas been on the air before them.

But when the good ideas do come you see the fantastic results like the fall athletic meet episodes. I really hope that is an annual thing. Or the episodes where they play up to the MCs strengths like the location shoots.

It's the episodes where they leave it up to the girls to carry the conversations that the ball gets dropped.

3. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Well, first thing first, I watched the first 90 or so episode of KK in 2/3 days, and not one at week, so perhaps part of what I noticed is because of that too; had I watched the show in the normal way I may have felt differently, but...

I had the feeling many times it was more of a Sawabe show than Keyaki. Even when the girls were talking or doing something, the camera would go back on him because he did or said something. An example is the gekikara challenge. I don't remember if that was the name but I remember I was really pissed because camera could've stayed on Risa going purple and instead went back to him because he kept talking and doing his own reaction. I may be wrong, but I think hosts should bring out reactions and take the girls out of their shell, not speak or act over them.
    This is something that happened a lot with him.

I also had the feeling there was this space in between the girls and Sawabe, which was then confirmed in late episodes, like they couldn't talk to him.
    I don't think he has any obligation towards the girls outside the set and surely a sort of space need to exist between them, but I think it's natural for members want to learn more and for hosts teach them. And for both of them want to make a better show.
    It's a common exchange in every positive workplace.
    So, generally to me he seems too much involved with himself and care very little for the program/the girls.

Then, I admit it, something shifted. Like, one day after I wrote THIS I saw the episode of the 1st birthday and I think he started to change a bit, and the girls too approached the problem with him and little by little they are creating a different equilibrium.

Perhaps next year they'll be at Nogi-Bananaman level (doubt it), but I think they sort of wasted one year that should have been spent better.

4. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Yeah, on one of Futari Saison live perf videos, I have seen korean comments like "I feel like something's missing if I don't listen to this song for even a day" and "to think a korean person would fall for a japanese idol" and of course, many kpop fans saying that keyaki is the only jpop group they would follow.

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Of course I like the idea of Mon up front, and I see other hints that Yui-chan may be there, or even at centre. I like how she is taking initiative to praise Hiragana, like a leader might. She specifically praised them after the tour, and today we see in Higashimura's blog a pic of a note Yui-chan left for them congratulating them on their day-in-day-out work on the drama, and saying she's looking forward to seeing it. Suzumon, Techi and Yuipon may be the best dancers in the group. An impressive centre trio?

[​IMG]

As for Sawabe, I think he's an excellent MC. And as for distance, I think the girls actually like him a lot. It may be a problem that he rescues them too often, and we see too much of him, but they do often need rescuing. They are not consummate professionals, they are real girls. Even Aki-P seems to treasure the amateurish side of them. I see posts in Japanese wanting Bananaman over here. Personally, when I see Bananaman on Nogichuu, competent as they are, my skin kind of crawls. Nogi hosts tend to seem somehow creepy to me, whereas Tsuchida/Sawabe are more fatherly/big brotherly.

6. glsone

glsone Member

To be fair Tsuchida and Sawabe really had to carry the show early on when getting the girls to do anything more than nod in agreement was like pulling teeth and tears could flow at any given tease. Even to this day after all the growth they've had one of the highlights of the show is the MCs literally talking for one of them. Berika just let's herself be a prop for them.

There was a nice point last summer where the girls felt comfortable and having fun. But then I think their popularity really exploded and they reverted back to how they were when they realized just how many eyes were actually on them.

7. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I saw someone up there who doesn't want Sandwhichman so... To everyone their own Mc(s) [hehe]

While I respect your opinion I can't really agree with the both of you.

For me a good pro don't "rescue" people he or she works with, he or she build a bridge to discuss things and create an enviroment where the less experienced can act or stand out or do whatever they do at their best, especially if it's not just-once-occurence but a repeated happening.
    I don't feel that kind of work exist in Keyaki and I can't really blame the girls for this, even if I, like everyone else who loves them, can see they still need a lot of work in some areas, which is somehow normal and to be expected.

Bananaman need to stay where they are. They may cross the line at times (with Reika/Waka or Kaz/Ami for example) but they are part of the Nogi experience.

Are Bad boys still around? Since we are choosing Keyaki next Mcs lol

Seriosly though, perhpas things will change and I too will finally appreciate Sawabe and Tsuchida, but so far, for me, they're still lacking in the "behind-the-scene" work, and taking up too much time.

In a 20minutes show I just wanna see the girls more than I see the Mcs ;)

8. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    first time commenting in the keyakizaka threads.
    I really disagree with the funeral comment. i often find the girls pretty interesting and charming. Do some segments even episodes miss for me? Of course they do, but the girls do weekly shows. No idol group is going to please everyone all the time making a weekly show. i also wonder how the tour\festival season and everything that surrounded it may have affected recent shows

9. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

It would break the girls hearts should Keyakake change host though

10. 火山灰

火山灰 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaki Haruka
    imo sawabe and tsuchida still the best choice for keyakake. even I prefer their style rather than bananaman in nogi.

And I like to see keyaki "funeral" show. No need to go crazy as long as it fun to watch, that give me different experience comparing with other idol show. Credit to sawabe and tsuchida for their ability to create somewhat fun for silent keya members.

sandwichman, however, imo they become boring in keyabingo 3

11. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Tsuchida and Sawabe are awesome though, I don't see anything wrong with Sawabe at all? I can see he's actually trying to get the girls to talk and have a part in the show.
    The girls are introverts, you don't exactly expect them to be funny af in front of the cameras, that's not them. I'd prefer watching the current K46 than having to force themselves to make others laugh just to please people. That defeits the meaning of their lyrics like dont let other opinions sway you ayyy xD

As for Yuipon praising the Hiraganas constantly, yasssssss someone finally sees and mentions how awesome they are, they need more recognition tbh.

12. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I love the Keyakake MCs too. I'd be bummed if they changed. It's Sandwichman that are kind of meh to me because they don't do enough.
    The main reason they get comedians to host these shows is because they're so good at reading the atmosphere and controlling it with questions and interjections to keep things entertaining. If it ever seems like they're doing too much, it's probably because their experience tells them it's necessary, either to keep the mood up or to try getting a good reaction out of someone.

13. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    They are still 2 years in this business, so they aren't that professional in variety, as they were focusing on performance on stage from the beginning. That makes them still has some lack of timing like that, right?

As for the MC, TsuchiSawa is actually good choice. Yes, I have to admit, that there were times when they try to hog the attention, like last year Christmas episode. I was so pissed, when Uemura told story about her part time job, and then MC told more story about their own part time job story in Saitama, and not to try elaborate Uemura's story. But, overall, especially this year, they became pretty close with member. Sawa even showed his daughter picture. Tsuchi is like caring + annoying father for member. Sawa is like stupid + annoying big brother that member can freely teased around. :D So, the problem, why I think KeyaKake is little bit boring lately, is still the staff fault for unable to create interesting segment, while there are many good stuff they can dig from member. So, it is not MC's or member's (they are special case, because they are super shy to begin with). :)

14. Underscore_c

Underscore_c Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I always wonder how much of the shows we don't see. Clearly they edit them down to what they think is the best for television, so there are probably stories and interactions that we don't see or that appear to get cut off when in reality they did get finished. Maybe unfortunately they need to include the MC's digressions when there is really nothing good from the members.

Also maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it does seem the recent Keyakitte episodes they have really been trying not to get sad/bored-looking Techi in many of the shots - they put her in the back center then shoot everything from the sides. I hope she can bring some of her radio teenage giddiness back to the camera.

15. Techi Yurina

Techi Yurina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    why i'm always sad looking to techi face now in program or variety show, like she not the original techi, look at the beginning keyakake and keyabingo or other program before fukyuwaon, she have good face and smile with the other. now if im looking to techi face, its like she always under pressure and the feeling and aura so dark. why she so hard to smile and laugh with friend/member in group or to other people?

16. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I think 2 years is too long xD Even Nogi got the hang of it after a few episodes of NogiDoko and AKB right off the bat.

I wouldn't blame this to the staffs alone, the members has a part in this too no matter how we deny it, they're the stars of the show after all. No matter how boring the segments are, it's the members and MCs who can turn it into something interesting. I don't want to think that they're only relying on segment concepts to make it fun. The early AKB generation could just sit and talk for the whole show but still make it seem like it's the most awesome thing with everyone laughing their butts off. But Keya is not AKB, and they're also not Nogi. Keya's awesome the way they are, it gives them this mysterious aura but yeah, they could loose off for a bit xD They're always so nervous and awkward around the cameras >.<

17. Morrigan

Morrigan Kenkyuusei

I heard before that Aki-P during auditions decided to choose girls that had a more introvert or seemingly dark past for the keyakizaka46 project. So it makes sense that these girls and not as bubbly or full of sunshine as Nogi46 are in variety shows. I like how the hosts try to to push the girls to be more variety friendly and often just fall on their face. Makes the show more fascinating to see the girls trying to evolve while completely out of their natural element. Its funny when the girls promise TsuchiSawa to do better in variety because they feel bad that they have to do all the variety work. Don't change Keyakizaka46..stay Eccentric.

18. Techi Yurina

Techi Yurina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Members hope in year 2018: 1506242742148.jpg "I have not thought about the future" -Hirate Yurina-

• Like Like x 1
  19. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    ^ Ah i translated these in my Twitter yesterday

I think he said in an interview that he chooses "people who looked like they wanted to be alone" for Hiragana's new members but not sure, i never seen the interview my self just seeing some reports on it.
    As for Keyaki, i think it was all by accidents and he notices how the girls have this "rebellious against adult" image, other than being shy and "like a NEET"

20. Techi Yurina

Techi Yurina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    yeah, i want looking them in performance as scary, dark, kakkui, but only in performance. i hope in the variety and program shows, they can loose a bit, give good reaction, and up the tension.