[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Rumour, 8th single is released on November 21 and some fans saw them shooting something in ibaraki a week ago (?)

2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    ^ Take that with a grain of salt.

But November 21st sounds respectable considering Sakamichi's "three singles a year" cadence, the November 14th Nogizaka46 release (once again, Keyaki just after Nogi) and the November 28th AKB48 "NO WAY MAN" release (this time, it's Nogi-Keyaki-AKB in three consecutive weeks; both assuming if it's confirmed).

3. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    November 21 is just pushing it. I would prefer a December 12 release, or even a January 9, 2019 release.

4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    January feels too far away

5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Dec-Early Jan is often considered bad time to release music in Japan because people are often listening to old music and not looking for new songs.
    It obviously wouldn't have a huge impact on idols, except for the long holidays from things like HS sales over the NY period but it's still something most groups seem to avoid.

Late November isn't great either, but for a different reason. The oricon calendar ends in November so their yearly sales would be the first week or two. The rest would be for next year. If you care about the yearly ranking it's not a great release date.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Keyakizaka46 is leading the way in the Oricon music DVD/BD rankings! (This is for the Keyaki Republic 2017 DVD/BD release, which for some reason, there isn't a separate thread for it.)

They sold about 48k BD copies and 35k DVD copies, totaling up to 83k in the first week.

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2120760/full/

• Like Like x 5
  8. Micranote

Micranote Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Damn, it's almost like... you release a concert, and a ton of people buy it...

They have to stop with their so precious footage.

9. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Can we call it a good sale?

Hunter X Hunter
    After saimajo, now fukyouwaon and kataru nara mirai wo
    IMG_20181004_230743.jpg IMG_20181004_230340.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The schedule for releases by other Akimoto groups makes 21 November reasonably likely, although that would make the announcement very late, according to Japanese posters:

11/14 Nogizaka
    11/21 --
    11/28 AKB
    12/5 Last Idol
    12/12 SKE

12/19 or later would be very late and get into Christmas, when people are listening to older music. Some people say there will be nothing until next year. Others expect a Christmassy single. A 21 Nov date would put them only a week after Nogi for the second single in a row, half the usual gap, and possibly bad for sales.

11. Kyoukai69

Kyoukai69 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ozekirika
    Yeayy there is a fellow HxH fans here
    This one too, and it make Futari Saison sounds really sad now

Attached Files:

• 9207.jpg
      9207.jpg
      File size:
      265.9 KB
      Views:
  12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I would rather they not release anything else for the rest of the year. As you said, from now til 12/31, most people tend to just listen to older tracks from the year like some sort of nostalgia, and we'll most likely see Ambivalent alongside the likes of USA and Lemon and Synchronicity being performed repeatedly during music shows. Id rather they just spend time pushing the current members in other avenues, and pushing the girls who could do with a little more general public recognition before the 2nd Kanji and 3rd Gana's come in.

But if they did release something on the 11/21 (which seems most likely) I won't be complaining, just give me another Futari Saison and we're good lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I think it was back in June that Hiragana's participation in the LIVEJACK event (24-5 November) was first mentioned. I thought then that it was a long way in the future, and wondered if something special might be happening then, like a Hiragana single. LIVEJACK has just been reannounced in the official site news listing, and I'm starting to wonder again. Not that seriously, but just wondering.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Hmm what I gathered from what was said in the official site is that Gana are gonna have a special drama for this event, much like Neru's Tanabata Sayonara Mata Itsuka, which tied in with Tanabata, but I'm not entirely sure.

15. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

16. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    When you see the schedule its seems obvious that the blank date would be for the 8th single but it seems too early for me, the 7th is still fresh in my memory.
    They have finished the 7th promotion not so long ago and for a single release next month they might be already working on it now.

I'm especially worried about Techi with the busy schedule she just have with all the lives and the Hibiki promotion. Working already hard on a new project, I don't think it can be good for her but we'll see.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A week or so ago, there were comments that the Keyaki Republic disks were not selling well. This week comes a list indicating that it over its first two weeks it was the second-best selling idol concert album of all time (DVD and Blu-Ray sales combined). I don't have any independent confirmation of the figures, however:

★AKB48 Tokyo Dome (2012)
    week 1 92,756
    week 2 12,725
    total 105,481

★Keyakizaka46 Keyaki Republic 2017 (2018) ←←←New!
    week 1 83,244
    week 2 11,703
    total *94,947

★Perfume 3rd Tour 「JPN」 (2013)
    week 1 77,170
    week 2 *9,463
    total *86,633

★Nogizaka46 Tokyo Dome (2018)
    week 1 69,176?
    week 2 *8,496
    total *77,672

★Momoiro Clover Z National Stadium (2014)
    week 1 70,655
    week 2 *5,246
    total *75,901

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Keyakizaka46 will receive an award Best Video of Japanese group for Ambivalent and will perform on MTV VMAJ today, the show will be broadcasted on 10/14.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Looks like the sales numbers says otherwise - Keyakizaka46 are exceeding expectations that it's selling more than Perfume and even Nogizaka46! :O

Then again, DVD/Blu-rays aren't typically strong sellers for female idol groups (AKB, Sakamichi) - only the Johnny's boys (e.g. Arashi) sell much better, let alone the Namie final concert craze from earlier this summer.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. djahat88

djahat88 Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 4