[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Quillen

Quillen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hoshino minami
    I did read that news recently and I think she deserves a song like Sayonara no imi tho

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Still, I see bigger possibility for Miona to be more prominent member and may be center if she become captain.

Like Okada Nana case, when she capitalize her popularity by take STU captaincy and define her chara to be more iconic. Then she rise and finally she experience her first AKB centership.

3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I think the conversation has focused too much on who is the most motherly/caring toward other members. That'd be a nice quality in a captain but you don't need to be a captain to support your fellow members.

The actual most important thing a captain needs to do is be the voice and one of the public faces of the group at places like Kohaku. I'm not sure if the popular candidates here are capable enough, to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I'm gonna throw Junna's name in the ring as well as Yamazaki. Junna because she seems to be well respected by her senpai, and Yamazaki because she seems to have a nice relationship with her kouhai. Of course, their Under status puts a damper on those suggestions, but it would be nice. Maybe if then they become senbatsu members...

EDIT:
    Now we will be down to 3 members who have participated in all Nogi senbatsu...
    There will be no original performers of Rewind Ano Hi...
    1st Gen will be the same size as 4th Gen...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Here's My candidates for Interim Captains : ( members that would be captains for short time )
    Manatsu . Kaz and Shinuchi
    For Long term Captain
    - needs to be Perma -Senbatsu or Perma Fukujin
    - Can speak well in formal settings
    - needs to be 17-22 or 23 yrs old for longevity
    2nd gen Eligibles - Miona or Kii or Ranze
    3rd gen Eligibles - Umezawa ; Yamashita or Shiori

• Like Like x 1
  6. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Actually, since there are no antecedents, my first question would be how are they going to choose the second captain?
    Management? Reika herself will choose (like G48 captains usually do)? Member's Votes? Do we need a captain? Only one or also a vice-captain?
    This is another turning point in Nogi's history, let's what future brings.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Management, and the choice has already been made.

And I do think a captain is needed. Most ships sink without them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    i think Reika herself will have a saying on who should be the next captain is. its her role, she probably knew who the best choice is, and management will respect that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Shadol

Shadol Kenkyuusei

Did anyone have a translation of an interview in n46mode vol1?

10. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

We don't, but since it has been done once, they are going to continue the tradition.

11. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

But looking at how member praised Reika, they need a captain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    What does the captain do?

Or rather, what do we expect her to do?

13. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Who do you think Mgt chose ?

14. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    They might ask her, but she won't have much say in it. Only if her suggestion meet all the prerequisites that management demands. So if Reika, for example, says that Maaya is the perfect captain... well, it's not going to happen.

I think we can compare it to a captain in a sports team. She must be the leader between management and the rest of the group. Making sure everyone works together, boosting morale, really anything to improve the overall performance. She must be able to speak to the group as a whole, but also to the members individually.

Umezawa Minami. And I have reason to believe they decided this around a year ago.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I always thought management alone make the decision. Like even if they ask Reika, that's all it is. And yeah, they should have made their choice already the moment Reika inform them her plan to graduate.
    Umezawa is just about right specially when it comes to her age. Within a year most of the remaining 1st gen would be graduating and maybe some 2nd gen too. She's not too young so she will be here for a long while. Not too old that would worry you of graduation.
    Would it be a shock if Ayane suddenly made captain? Jk..:v:

• Like Like x 1
  16. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

After Reika graduates there will be more 3rd gen members than 1st gen members.

17. towiti

towiti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    akimotomanatsu
    I think it's just leadership characters. Maybe someone who has good relationship with everybody, is emotionally supportive, inclusive, does not refrain from speaking up, will make good leader. Reika had these, but some others that she could've worked on is a sense of responsibility (always showing up late), good decision-making (Mgmt probably decides everything), and if possible being a virtuous, inspiring, and overall dominant figure (aka charisma, tbf not a lot of people can have this).

Oh well she's graduating now. I think Hori fits the image the most, especially when she always try to include 2nd gen whenever she had the chance back in the earlier Nogichuu. She also seems to have a strong opinion considering the recent wota messages event, which signal good decision-making. Don't know about her accountability, but she has all the other characters, including the fact that she's also one of Nogizaka frontliner. And sometimes people would forget that she's 2nd gen, which in a way makes her a veteran character like the 1st gen.

Ume sounds great. She knows the 3rd gen well, and seems to be someone who can read situations, which signal lots of good leadership skills. But tbh I don't know much about her; I only watched them through Nogi's shows, and the 3rd gen didn't show a lot when their senpais are around, so she's a mystery to me.

Manattan's also a good choice. She has excellent relationship with everyone, is very supporitve, inclusive, and from Nogichuu she'd always cut in whenever Bananaman were speaking so I guess she isn't too shy. She had always been a seitokaichou after all. As decision-making isn't exactly required (she seems easily swayed, lol), she can be an great captain.

Kanarin might also be a good choice that I think we overlooked. She approached later gens members all the time, and she herself is a 1st gen, means she's possibly well-respected. She also seems to be someone on the side of those with strong opinion, and that she's always dangling in "senbatsu limbo" might gives her more strength when dealing with unpopular members, but yeah, she lacks a bit of that dominating aura.

Ikuta and Maiyan might be too busy to be captain. Asuka probably doesn't fit the image of someone who tell others what to do. Kazumin is leaving any day now, Some suprise choices we could have is Hinachima, Maichun, or even Zukki, but honestly I don't know much about these girls; were they chosen it's probably because of unknown chemistry that's only available to insiders. Any other choices sounds kinda weird to me: they're either too young, or they don't seem interested in it. Not that I know of.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    My thoughts exactly. The only member who I see as capable of being as stable and grounded as a voice like Reika is possibly Miona or Ranze.

19. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Kubo or Umezawa imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1