[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Yesterday Takeyui and Hiichan danced Fukyouwaon back to back together.

Koike revealed on her blog that 2gen had to learn choreo for 3rd annila ahead of 1gen so they practiced at home too.

Regarded Keyakizaka identity it didn't happened until around Fukyouwaon single when choreo started to get more difficult for Ue and Ozeki. It was beyond orthodox idol. They brought their experience from TV drama to the songs. They experimented at nhs with Fukyouwaon and created drama in terms of shock performance. We remember the normal performance of Keyakizaka46 in 2016 and after 1st bdl in 2017 how things changed for Kanji members. What we used to get as coupling songs in 2016 took over Keyaki and become singles with new songs AkiP gave them. It was to try new things for every single.

Sekai and Futari Saison are great when they were newcomers and try to look for their identity. We can't request what songs they should do next. I read on twitter from a few international fans they want something happy next. That can only AkiP decide what comes next and what members want to do as it seems Kuroi Hitsuji was written for the members how strong passion they have for that song. Try to create carbon copies of old songs will get stale and less creative. Sekai will always bring that summer hype at Republic so it will never go away.

But overall, Keyaki moved on from 2016 and Zenkoku tour final 2017 defines their origin. Budokan 3rd annila was exactly like this, put so much effort into staging and expression. Kimi wo mou sagasanai might had been a mediocre song when you listened to the album version but the choreo and dance performance made you more interested.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Not really. They're almost a carbon copy of Aki-P's usual idol group formula (itself a modification of the idol group formula in many countries) - pick a number of very attractive young girls to put in a corporate-manufactured idol group, build hype using heavy promotion and embellishing, get them to lip-sync to backing tracks and dance around on stage, make them do handshakes to inflate CD sales, their own variety show with some comedian hosts, a hugely pushed center girl centering many singles in a row, lyrics written by Aki-P so he can collect royalties,... and now there's even a new gen like those other groups. The main difference is that Aki-P and Sony have marketed and produced a different image and concept for Keyakizaka46.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Except they are not your cutesy type of idols, have a massive female following, their fans are made of youngsters or younger generations, they are backed by a surprising number of celebrities, the idol group that voices out their opinions rather than the other way, they changed the definition of senbatsu and made managers cancel their senbatsu formation. The kind of idols not even the other 48/46 idols can relate to. THESE are what I meant when I said they are changing the idol system. Apart from these, probably all you said..most of it are true. They will still have to go through all that you said because that is how they are formed and those are why they are idols

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I don't think they're changing idol system but I also don't agree with the thought about Keyaki is just another copy of AkiP formula.

Their concept is VERY different from other 48/46 groups. I know that there are actually idol groups with probably similar concepts but amongst the famous ones, it's not an exaggeration if Keyaki is "the only one".

Just lip-sync and dance? Eh, not really. Maybe it's true for when they are still new. However, several members have been known not to do that. They are ranging from popular ones such as Pon and Tecchan to the underrated ones such as Nijika and Oda. Also, Keyakichans dance REALLY well. You can tell about this especially when other groups tried to perform Keyaki's songs. The dance needs a lot of energy, emotions, and synchronizations amongst members. Do you remember when Keyaki performed SakamichiAKB song in Keyaki Republic 2017? You will notice the difference, even though the members of the original SakamichiAKB are good performers.

Even Keyaki choreography, songs, PVs, and live concerts often differ from other 48/46 groups or even the mainstream idol in general. You can even notice that in Keyakifan itself, there are people who quite don't like the direction Keyaki is going to. I once read a twitter post about a guy who decided to focus on Nogi and Hinata, he left Keyaki because simply he feels that his type of idols are just like in the other Sakamichi groups, meanwhile Keyaki has became different from AkiP idols that people expect. Of course, that's ok! However, the point is that people can tell they are indeed different from your mainstream idols, whether they like it or not.

Now about the hugely pushed center, I won't say anything about it because I'm tired of the same old argument. Especially since I'm Techi oshi, because everything we Techi oshi say will be wrong lol. Jk? Anyway, let's suppose that she is "hugely" pushed. But you can't deny that she indeed has what it takes to be the center of an unorthodox group like Keyaki. It's not acknowledged only by several fans, but also by other people in the industry like other members, the editor of ROJ, Sekai no Owari, etc. She has her own weaknesses, particularly related to being "an idol" that everyone thinks ought to be (I mean, if Tecchan is just a musician or a band member, her quite demeanor on MC session for example will be perfectly fine). However, we should not deny her strengths just because of her weaknesses.

Your explanations about how Keyaki is just another carbon copy of AkiP formula sadly left lots of details that make them different. Just because the underlying system is similar, doesn't mean other processes is similar as well. The recipe to make a donut is almost the same everywhere else, but every company have different secret recipes, things to add to make them different from their competitors, and different concept with different target markets. But you won't say that every donuts company is a carbon copy of each other right?

I hope my point is delivered and sorry if there are any mistake in my writings. That's all :flower:

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Thanks for this! I meant to elaborate on some points but I am in class and couldn't do that lol. But you have literally said all and I agree with you. Maybe the right thing to say is they are different instead of changing. I don't think there will be any other group like keyaki. I was expecting Hinata to have keyaki's concept, a little if not all, but they seem to be following the same trend like the other idol groups so yes, the word is different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    You're welcome. I can tell that we have similar ideas. I'm glad I can help you convey it lol :D

About Hinatazaka and other idol groups, personally they are not my cup of tea. But becoming a bright idols is perfectly fine too! People have different taste, afterall. So I hope that just like how I feel about Keyaki, people can also find their ideal idol and ideal oshi in other groups :blush:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

We surely share the same thoughts

• Like Like x 1
  8. hibana

hibana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tamura Hono
    here we go again

keyaki are mainstream idols i don't know why you are so obsessed with denying this and they do have cute and bright songs as bsides even if some of you choose to ignore it
    this keyaki is not like the others~~ mindset is annoying as well. they don't have to be THE ONLY ONES, 'unorthodox idols' or whatever they're just doing a concept that worked for them and it appeals to a lot of people including you, be happy about it and stop with this superiority complex nonsense

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I don't think they said they are THE ONES IN THE WORLD, just that keyaki is going in different direction in respect to other 46/48 groups, and that is perfectly fine.
    They had cute and bright Unit songs and I think they'll keep having them, but in term of senbatsu songs and performances the direction seems to be very different and, like Yuuka said, it will keep changing as Keyaki evolve. (Watch next single being a romantic one just to prove me wrong lmao)
    I find this actually interesting, especially for idols who do not create their own music, but are trying to create something that belong to them anyway, something that reflect what keyaki is.
    The fact we find Keyaki be so special is part of being a fan. you can call it superiority complex, but at least I'm not seeing keyaki fans insulting other groups members as it happens in other forum... that's says a lot about complexes

• Agree Agree x 11
  10. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

I'm tired with this never ending comparisons.
    especially on Nogi threads I see a lot of disrespect on Keyakizaka. (I'm not saying all nogi fans do that sht.)
    Its so insulting when you are a fan both group.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Since it's hard to find the original version of SakamichiAKB due to geoblock some smart fan put up a video from AKB48 Show.

Keyaki Republic 2017 encore

Can you tell the difference? It's the same choreo Takahiro-sensei created but during the last MC before W-Keya song Yuuka said it was a surprise to perform this song in Keyakizaka version. It looks faster and more synchronized when performed by Keyaki would be the only difference.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Whoops my comment is deleted accidentally :^^;:

I think others have stated what I mean. Please carefully read again my explanations. I acknowledge that there might be idols with similar concept, but amongst 48/46 groups and popular ones, they are quite distinct. But being different doesn't mean being superior. I even stated that it's perfectly fine if other people prefer other groups because everyone have their own taste. I don't get how you can conclude we have superiority complex. Oh well, I will take this as a lesson and learn to convey my thoughts even more carefully next time :^^;:

I think I won't discuss about mainstream idol anymore since at this point I conclude everyone have different definitions about this term. To me, some fans, ROJ director, and lots other Japanese media, Keyaki has captured our hearts differently from other idols. That's enough :)

There are also small parts which are different, like when they tilt their heads as they cover their faces.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

We are not denying they are mainstream idols and there has never been any superiority complex. We never said they are better than the others. In relation to what @Dill said, as fans, it shouldn't be a surprise that we are making such statements. Fans talk about what they love about the group even if it is a lie and we are no exception, just like fans of Nogi, Hina and 48 girls so i don't get why it is wrong only for us keyaki fans, to praise the group. like @Asphyxia said, it may seem sorta like a disrespect if we are rebuked anytime we say what we think about the group. We are happy about it and that is why we talk about it but we have never ever in the process, downgraded any other group so i don't know where this is coming from. Them being different is a fact and not a delusional thinking, just like how idols like BiS, Fairies, and GEM when they were active were totally different from the rest. Ask anyone about 48 girls and the other 46 girls, similarities will be more than the differnce. Mention or ask them about Keyaki and you will get more difference than similarities. They are being featured in positions you will never think for an idol group, like the ranking of most intense song ever in Japan where they were ranked 10th place or the recent survey on songs that shows a new era where they placed 6th, and these were done by the general public and not fans. You might have misunderstood our discussions. If not, then i am sorry about how you think of it.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rev4

Rev4 Member

@cotd Keyakizaka version of SakamichiAKB song has good expressions too which fits the lyrics way better than the original. It's a dark song and I don't get that feeling with original choreo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

16. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Absolutely true. There's nothing wrong with that.
    I'm not talking about myself here so I can't guarantee I'm right about this but I'm pretty sure that's not the issue.
    I think when people talk about this kind of thing they're referring to the "all other 46/48 groups are pretty much the same" part of the argument.

----
    I have to say though, despite some strong words, this argument has been pleasantly polite on all sides.

17. Rev4

Rev4 Member

It's not delusional to think Keyaki members are full of free spirits. First thing they did what defines classic idol is senbatsu formation by mngmt, that was removed. The second thing was to perform songs they have passion for. The third and recent thing was to remove their pics from overture at Budokan and just show their names in the credits. I don't know if this is permanent or temporary but it's interesting nonetheless. They do seem want to evolve further out of the classic idol zone.

18. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    3rd ANNIVERSARY.

I was on bed due to a really bad health condition at the time the Omotenashi kai was celebrated and decided to give my tickets to a friend.

So I decided to be full recovered (at least an 80% as my doctor recommend me in order to continue with my normal activities and job) and not miss the 3rd year anniversary. Especially because I was thinking that this event it could be the last time I could see my beloved Neru-chan in a big stage. Neru-chan told me on the previous HS to care my health and that it was fine if I could not attend the anniversary, my answer was "NEVER!".

[​IMG]

Was absolutely fantastic to see the amount of fans the previous hours in the venue. My girlfriend said "Oh~ is like a big concert of an international band or artist" and yes, a lot of people... It was simply emotional.

On the first day my mind was so exited that I really didn't understand why they started with Abunakkashii keikaku and then an Encore and then the Overture. After some minutes I realized why... was the continuation from the Osaka event. (So fool :fp:)

The girls were beautiful and Techi-chan showing to us her strong and captivating presence. Shii-chan and that hairstyle is criminal, she is beautiful. Fuu-chan and Nijipon-chan impressed me a lot with their energy, they deserve the first row. Mon-chan dance hypnotizes you. And all the 2nd Gen showed how hard they are working, so happy to noticed that and glad to know Keyakizaka gained this amazing members.

We had the luck to be close to the stage and we were able to saw them clearly. (Cute Neru-chan gained some weight).:blush:

------------------

Was really nostalgic and a bit sad to watch Futari Saison. For me, all the setlist was great, but I felt this Futari Saison more dramatic.

I was really happy to hear and watch Mou mori e kaerou ka? and Tokyo tower wa doko dara mieru?, I really love those songs and their choreography. From my point of view, together with Kataru nara mirai wo, they are among the best.

------------------

All the fans on the Budokan were really happy and exited, a lot of emotions in one place. All of this was because Mona-chan and Aotan, especially Aotan because it was the first time I saw this amount of people with Aotan towels and signs. Even flowers to her at the entrance. I think we need Aotan to be healed... And I think we are close to see her again soon because Yukka-sama said "we will work harder with Aoi and the 2nd generation to do our best for all of you...".

As I said on her thread, she is out of practice so she can't perform with all. That is why she was absent on the stage but she was on the dressing room with all and receiving love.

------------------

The enviroment was fantastic even the weather was good. You could buy all kinds of merchandise from towels to photobooks.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------

Was an incredible performance, they did their best and gave us great smiles (even Techi-chan) that means the group is healthy and they are becoming stronger.

We are watching the evolution of Keyakizaka, they are changing and you can notice that on their faces. I want the best for them and this 3rd anniversary was like a "please keep supporting us".

Keyakizaka members needs and love their fans. Always remember that.

[​IMG]

=========================================================================================

[​IMG]

The "shadows" stage was beautiful and was nostalgic for me because I remember the first time I saw something like that, was on the TV show called "Britain's got talent", performed by Attraction and was incredible.

-------------------------

Please let me share the M-ON SP about the 3rd anniversary.

Watch M-ON Keyakizaka46 3rd anniversary.

[​IMG]

=========================================================================================

I know I'm really late with this, but I'm busy with a lot of things.

Sorry for the late post and thank you for the space.

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 11
  19. Tanoichan

Tanoichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Harada Aoi
    Oh, when i see the m-on of the 3rd year anniversary live somehow i feel the same. Sure, i can't know it at all because I wasn't there.
    Read about all this love for Aotan makes me happy.:cry2:
    And you are right, we need Aotan to be healed after this past months, and probably, members too.

I'm so happy to read the group seems healthy and stronger. I hope there are better things for them with 2nd generation, such charming girls.

Thank you for always sharing your experiences with us.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rev4

Rev4 Member

What they released in 2016 I prefer their coupling songs to singles. Kimi ga Inai, Katura nara mirai wo and Otona wa Shinjitekurenai. I like that they performed Futari Saison more dramatic than usual. Some 2gen members wrote on their blogs what songs they performed at Budokan. Like Hono, Yumi-chan, Hiichan performed Hiraishin, Otona wa Shinjitekurenai. Inori, Marina, Rikopi performed Getsuyoubi and Eccentric. All 2gen members participated on different songs like Kimi wo mou sagasanai by Rikopi, Yumi-chan and Hiichan for example. Hono is the only member who mentioned Kataru nara mirai wo so far. She also did Nobody.

They have grown up as a group and can't replicate their youth days from 2016. This is not just about Techi but about how every member feels. Techi turns 18 this year and Aotan has entered university (she might study something math and science related) and turns 20 next year. Time of change has hit Keyaki. AkiP knows this and that's why they picked more adult members for Keyaki than other groups because the identity they have created need members who understand their color. This is also why there are many kks members who were 18 and 19 last year but didn't make it this round. Ten-chan who was 13 had more adult behaviour than most 14 and 16 members who passed the audition who will synchronize with the other adult members.

Compare Republic 2017 to Republic 2018 shows difference in performance. Techi was 16 around Republic 2017 but when she look at it now she feels embarrassed by it because it looks girly. Some fan told me Techi wasn't in a good mood last Zenkoku tour due to mngmt's choice of staging and set list. It was the same for 3rd annila in Osaka. They had to wear DareAi costume than Fukyouwoan uniform.

So Budokan was like a reincarnation of the group. "This is Keyaki!". Set list was suitable for the group's future. Budokan turned red with penlights during Futari Saison. It was back to their artistic performance they enjoy so much. Mngmt is also in a phase with AkiP and Konno try to figure out what is Keyaki's annila when they came the last day to watch it as they did with Republic 2018. They have their eyes on this group to understand it more.

When has the time come for Mon to center a senbatsu song? Many fans were stunned by Mon as center for Ambivalent last year. Her own version was like martial arts dance. Very impressed. She still brought that wilderness from Keyaki which Techi established Keyaki's aura with expressions. It was definitely a breath of fresh air to see that from an idol group and should continue to recruit members who are strong dancers and let Takahiro's choreo develop them into beasts.

• Like Like x 1